Analog Joystick

For the stick click argument:
When you're playing a game that is in dual analog mode, with PSX controllers you effectively have two analog control sticks (duh), ten general use buttons (dpad + face buttons + start and select), and six action buttons (clicks + shoulder buttons).

When playing a game in dual analog mode on the Pandora, you effectively have a whole crap load of general use buttons, two analog control inputs, and two action buttons.

For games that require those action buttons, they are most certainly going to be unplayable. So I guess the real question is: what games are going to be made unplayable?

The only one I can really think of is Ape Escape... Almost everything else at least had an alternate control scheme due to the fact that dualshock was a second gen controller.

I guess it doesn't seem to big a deal when you consider that.

...Though dev silence on concerns of the stick's durability is a little discomforting... hopefully it's not a case of "Too late, too little options"...

Gilrad said:
...Though dev silence on concerns of the stick's durability is a little discomforting... hopefully it's not a case of "Too late, too little options"...
What I read was that they were promised a 5-6 month turn-around for a custom design that would do everything that they wanted (IE click), but that wasn't a guaranty they would like it, and they didn't know if the salesman was promising what they couldn't really deliver.

I also seemed to read that they wouldn't need to redesign the boards to swap in sticks with different layouts :), so we could see a stick upgrade, or do it ourselves if it is really that bothersome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back