Analog Controllers..

There is a lip around the inside of the lid to protect the controls and LCD from each other. Also, there are rubber pads in the top corners of the lid to prevent the plastic from slamming together when you snap the lid shut. The design was always made with clearances between these two halves in mind and contributes to a good 3mm of thickness to the total 27mm height.

As for the analog controllers, I guess we will have to see what happens for the final system and how others find it and let you decide based on what you hear. :)

Will the analog controllers be concave (sort of) like in the renders, or flat, like in the videos?

MWeston said:
There is a lip around the inside of the lid to protect the controls and LCD from each other. Also, there are rubber pads in the top corners of the lid to prevent the plastic from slamming together when you snap the lid shut. The design was always made with clearances between these two halves in mind and contributes to a good 3mm of thickness to the total 27mm height.

As for the analog controllers, I guess we will have to see what happens for the final system and how others find it and let you decide based on what you hear. :)
Wasn't it 30mm now? I thought there was a new measurement because of a bigger Battery...but I could be wrong. ^_^

And how much of the 27 (30) mm are the lid and how much are the main case ?

Last edited by a moderator:
mison said:
Will the analog controllers be concave (sort of) like in the renders, or flat, like in the videos?
They'll probably be more flat, like in the videos, but they'll have a textured surface to increase friction, helping you keep your thumb on the analog stick while playing games.

Last edited by a moderator:
The final analogue sticks have a bit less travel and are a slightly different design, but nothing too major.

Back