Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

Am I the only one who still thinks Halloween costumes are supposed to be spooky?

Ghosts, witches, mummies (the Ancient Egyptian sort), and so on.

Genuphobia isn't that common a condition, is it?

Banana_Ship.jpg

^ Look at all my sexy guns...

... now look at my favorite weapon.

Oh yeaz, I haz guitarz too because I'm so sexy sexy

"Samual! I made you some cherry apple pie... can I bring you a slice and a glass of milk?"

Naw ma! Stay outa my room! I'm with my girlfriend!

"There's a girl in there Samual? I didn't see her come in..."

Naw ma, she lives in the computer. I told you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never really been into pistols, but then again I am not frequently in situations where one would be the best option (maybe if I was interested in concealed carry, however I would prefer to open carry a rifle, not that I currently feel the need for either in populated areas...maybe I will die one day because I wasn't carrying a pistol, but by then it won't matter).

DrHAX, if you are fond of military weapons and uniforms there are some options.  Based on your preference, look into historical reenactment if you haven't already.

How does everyone keep getting these pictures of me?
If I did this with my weapons I'd look like USSR officer...actually my fiancee has a photo of me in my parade coat, officers hat and mosin nagant.
Wait! USSR Officer!?? Past life or current?
Neither ^_^  ..I just collect a few Military items because they look cool..  the hat came from a Kid in school who saw me with the coat and said, "Hey I have the hat that matches your coat. I'll sell it to you for 20 bucks!" He collected militaria so he sold it to me since he focused on Non east bloc stuff. I was just happy to get a hat to match my coat. A kid walked into the class with me trying it and froze for a few seconds and suddenly regained his posture trying not to laugh. He told me he thought the russians invaded the school for a few seconds. People tend to think I'm Russian or British. I showed it to my then fiance in my bag (I was hiding it since I wasn't sure how people would react to a USSR officers hat in school... Turns out people love it? :huh:  ) Well she really likes the hat and me in it.. Once again my life is weird. I have a picture she took with me in it on the bus a few years ago. :ph34r:

Oh weapons and videogame equitment, hopefully our german politiks dosnt see this picture, whe all knew what they think about video games, theyre are the cause of all amok runs even if the first amok run in a shool in germany was some around 20 yeahrs bevore the first PCs where Inventet

Oh weapons and videogame equitment, hopefully our german politiks dosnt see this picture, whe all knew what they think about video games, theyre are the cause of all amok runs even if the first amok run in a shool in germany was some around 20 yeahrs bevore the first PCs where Inventet
Plus the controller is for a music video game, and, as everyone in the US knows, depending on the day, music is the cause for all our problems, and also leads to killing people and school shootings.

Oh, the last episode of the season for Mr. Robot was delayed because of shootings.  I get the feeling that it was really done to get more attention.  "Oh, they delayed because the real-life shooting was like the show, so now I want to see what happens in the show."  Does that really work?

Plus the controller is for a music video game, and, as everyone in the US knows, depending on the day, music is the cause for all our problems, and also leads to killing people and school shootings.

Oh, the last episode of the season for Mr. Robot was delayed because of shootings.  I get the feeling that it was really done to get more attention.  "Oh, they delayed because the real-life shooting was like the show, so now I want to see what happens in the show."  Does that really work?
Yes, its a psychological thing. Even the way news media cover such events go to promote more of them. Death count constant updates. National news broadcasted EVERYWHERE with sport style recaps of what the person did, and how many killed in what time, what weapons used. It promotes people thinking of doing it to have something to compare it too. Many of the school shooters actually watched numerous times and researched what OTHERS did.. just the news clips alone gave a Anti-hero score board so to speak of what to do. And schools and locations and such are just like games of duck hunt on the NES minimal defense high panic and if you're level headed if they go into lock down its all stationary. Also if a show or movie is delayed, held back because of the events of such a thing trigger curiosity  amongst masses, making something culturally taboo will actually promote it more so because of people getting curious about it. So delaying or hiding a show because its "banned" or "taboo" actually attracts more attention to it. For every bit of negative attention you get people curious to see what the fuss is about. 

Making something taboo or bad has an affect on certain people that makes them want to do it. Take a look at trends of how people romanticize crime and such,  even the  "thug life" or "gangsta" trends that over glorify that element of rather weak organized crime.  So in many cases drugs, alcohol, guns and other such things when vilified to such a horrific extent will cause people to levitate towards them. Same could be said with other socially taboo things like tattoos and piercings and with sexual taboos, (Including most fetishes since nearly every single fetish is viewed as mental disorder... I kid ye not.)

Yes I was the person who got into deep discussions with my psychology teacher in front of class  getting to the point only Him and I knew what we were talking about.

Back