A further update on preorders (18th of November 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally see this as learning experience for myself. It's so important to learn to work together with others, learning to communicate clearly and to know one's strenghts. Yet sometimes it can be so hard to trust others, to value their ideas/opinions and to accept our own weaknesses. Great things can be accomplished via cooperation, so in the end it's worth making the effort to get over those small obstacles.

The rest of the team can do fine without him for any new project.
From what I understand, ED doesn't have the time to handle development of P2 on top of keeping production of P1 running (and keeping his day job).

A little bit off topic, but a few people have mentioned the lack of thanks received by a lot of the guys who put so much work in to make the Pandora possible (design, firmware, software, distributions, hardware, repositories, whatever) and I know that thanks is something you really want to receive from Craig, but for what it is worth, I, and hundreds or thousands of other people are very thankful for all the hard work. So thank you! For those lucky enough to actually have a Pandora, it still amazes me every time I flip the lid open and use it. It really is quite amazing what has been accomplished (even more so when all the problems faced are considered).
+1

Now let's get rid of the remaining preorder mess (which is only a fraction of the preorder mess of one year ago, thanks to the amazing Rebirth!) so ED and Craig can finally get rid of those debts and move on to do new great things, whether it is together or in separate ways.

A little bit off topic, but a few people have mentioned the lack of thanks received by a lot of the guys who put so much work in to make the Pandora possible (design, firmware, software, distributions, hardware, repositories, whatever) and I know that thanks is something you really want to receive from Craig, but for what it is worth, I, and hundreds or thousands of other people are very thankful for all the hard work. So thank you! For those lucky enough to actually have a Pandora, it still amazes me every time I flip the lid open and use it. It really is quite amazing what has been accomplished (even more so when all the problems faced are considered).

Yes, and don't forget about the investors and the people who chose to upgrade their orders when that became an option. Without those folks as well as the people working on the units, I wouldn't have received mine the other day. Unfortunately, I had it sent to my parents, so I won't get to use it for a while, but now I can cross my fingers for other people to get their units as well.

Craig,ED I suggest calling each other and properly discussing what is the plan on both sides... It's not the time for falling out, you've come so far!

The drop-shipping idea sounds like a good one, as does Craig actively pushing and selling more Pandoras. The one thing that is prominent here though is preorder queues need to be cleared and communication good or bad needs to be handled.

Craig,ED I suggest calling each other and properly discussing what is the plan on both sides... It's not the time for falling out, you've come so far!

The drop-shipping idea sounds like a good one, as does Craig actively pushing and selling more Pandoras. The one thing that is prominent here though is preorder queues need to be cleared and communication good or bad needs to be handled.

I agree, I prefer to think that this was the result of miscommunication rather than malice on anybody's part.

I know some people here are quick to jump on Craig, and to be fair, he has made some notable mistakes, but I think that with all the stress and frustration on all sides, that addressing the apparent communication problems would probably make everybody happier.

I agree, I prefer to think that this was the result of miscommunication rather than malice on anybody's part.

When I see replies like this, I wonder if the people making them have read anything in this thread. :/

To get an idea of what you are dealing with here, go watch some old episodes of Minder and learn the ways of Arthur Daily.

Some of us have:

a) Met Craig and ED in person.

B) Been in this community a looooooong time.

Craig is kooky, but not evil. And neither is ED. So yes some of us believe that they both want to fix this but are almost at breaking point and starting to finger point due to miscommunication.

EDIT: And I summarise greatly due to my lunch break coming to an end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arthur Bloody Daily...

Legend :)

As for this thread, too much for me, I hope OPT sort things out between them and have continued success, with Pandora 1 & 2

edit: by which I mean .. Most of us will not work on P2 with Craig, but if ED wants to do something and wants us to help, I'm sure we'd all jump in. One must ask.. if Fatih, ED, notaz, myself, and random other devs like sebt3 etc will not work with craig.. you have to wonder.

From what I read, it does not seem Craig accomplished much more than kicking things off, anyway. The rest of the team can do fine without him for any new project.

To be fair, and to add to what ED said -- the Pandora would _not_ have existed without Craig or his crazy ideas up front, and I'm sure he worked his ass off; ED and Craig carry huge mortgages and such to get this project off the ground, and they took all the risk. Day one (I'd just had my first daughter) I said 'no way I'm putting $$ in this, too risky, I'll work day and night instead' :) But these guys worked day and night and put up their houses.. thats *balls* most of us do not have.

Also, GBAX was cool once :) I bought my first GP32 from Craig, and my gp2x's :)

Craig IS (was?) Spiritus Movens of the project. No Craig, no Pandora, simple as that. Respect that.

(Edited: I'm not sure anymore is it true, because he also did most of damage to project)

+1

Now let's get rid of the remaining preorder mess (which is only a fraction of the preorder mess of one year ago, thanks to the amazing Rebirth!) so ED and Craig can finally get rid of those debts and move on to do new great things, whether it is together or in separate ways.

+1 to that. Many guys work hard on project, thank you all!

However, I still want public list of left preorders. It doesn't bother me if it is 50, 150, 500, 800... however, if there's much more then we got general problem. Then ED was deceived too, and many of us... IMHO it is intolerable. If this is the case, rest of the OPT should vote about it and somehow find a solution...

Hiding shits after four years is pointless. It makes things worse. I'll elaborate this.

Let's suppose there are 500 preorders left. Every one of them informed about Pandora at least 10 people. Those 10*500=5000, spread all over the world KNOW FOR SURE that Pandora did not come to "naive purchaser". And there are at least 500 more who gave up, refunded (or even worse waiting for refund). Suppose that any of them inform one person/year (!) about his bad experience, it is at least 2000 more people. And there are plenty of professional competition, from small shops to big corporations: they need to know about it and don't look at project with respect. It is at least 2000 people more. And there are regular people let's say 50/month heard about Pandora project in last 4 years. Suppose half of them do not think good about project. It is 1000 people more. As you can see, it is at least army of 10000 hostile people around the world that know for sure that something is gone awfully wrong.

Of course, this "vapourware" is subject of joke for years. The most terrible public image possible that you can imagine / achieve. But, there's more. After (soon to be) 4 years, what should "naive purchaser" answer to regular, but naughty question: "When will you get your Pandora?"

"Well... there's just couple of us waiting... in 2 months I think." (Response is buahahahahahaha)

My point is: please, do not hide things anymore, it is pointless and make things worse every single next day.

Obviously, it is related to master-chief Craig. ED has opposite approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a sad end.

So much promise this had. If this had been mass produced off the get go this could've sold tens of thousands within the space of a few months.

I've been putting off buying as it's been too expensive but I'm now tempted to spank £400 on it.

If I buy from you Ed how quickly will I get it?

If ED has to dropship to Craig, make sure he doesn't do it over Planet LV-426

Drop00.jpg

;)

Last thing we need is Pandora attached with xenomorphs... but hey, do they transform to HDMI cable?

I feel very slow, but I'm still unsure what would be best for everyone regarding things I can do. I'm a remaining 1GHz preorderer of Craigix's, the nicest thing to do is to keep waiting, right? I might be mistaken, is all I am concerned with.

Okay, I just sent a long eMail with important questions to Craig.

I hope I can get answers here (stuff like remaining refund requests, remaining preorders, whether he wants to dropship or sell them or just let me handle this and ship his remaining preorders as well, etc.), because that gives me the chance to recalculate my plan and see how many units need to be sold for which price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back