A case of polls!

ISTR that once upon a time ED stated the batch size is 1000. There'll be 200 produced first as a kind of training exercise for GC, but after that they should produce a full batch which I think should cover all of the preorderers.

ED initially planned to assemble Pyra himself with help of volunteers, but later he said that first 200 will be produced at GC. Does that mean plan of self production is scraped. If he wants to assemble himself than there is no point in training GC people.

If i remember correctly, the first 200 are whit GC, as Training, but then the rest will be self assembled, but i dotnt know how many until GC will make the assembly, maybe after the first "Batch"..

That's just the recent number, that everyone can look up, if they reload the link.

Just looked there and it says 984 (and counting).
It's just me or that's a lot ? Also, IIUI people who preordered 2 pyras get just one mail.

I mean after 6 years from preordering around 90% of people are still showing some interest in the Pyra (I don't remember well, the highgest preorders reached was arroud 1100?).

Some of us weren't waiting all that long (I'm a "late" preorderer), and some have cancelled meanwhile and didn't get the mail, and answering the survey is not such a strong commitement as paying the remaining money and giving current address, but anyway I would have imagined fewer people would answer, just because time passes, people forget (even if they paid some 400 EUR), people lose interest in what they were once interested, people react by cancelling instead of answering the survey, financial situation changes, etc. I mean I don't think anyone answers the survey if they're no longer interested in getting their Pyras, so 984 answers is quite remarkable.

Congratulations @EvilDragon and the team !

Just looked there and it says 984 (and counting).
It's just me or that's a lot ? Also, IIUI people who preordered 2 pyras get just one mail.

I mean after 6 years from preordering around 90% of people are still showing some interest in the Pyra (I don't remember well, the highgest preorders reached was arroud 1100?).

Some of us weren't waiting all that long (I'm a "late" preorderer), and some have cancelled meanwhile and didn't get the mail, and answering the survey is not such a strong commitement as paying the remaining money and giving current address, but anyway I would have imagined fewer people would answer, just because time passes, people forget (even if they paid some 400 EUR), people lose interest in what they were once interested, people react by cancelling instead of answering the survey, financial situation changes, etc. I mean I don't think anyone answers the survey if they're no longer interested in getting their Pyras, so 984 answers is quite remarkable.

Congratulations @EvilDragon and the team !

Yup.

I also think it's pretty impressive; but maybe not so unexpected.

The Pyra, despite being "underpowered" (not for the use I want it actually, but some may argue that way...), has a set of characteristics that no other device has yet:

->4G mainly.
->Passive cooling.
->Linux based.
->Backlit.
->Replaceable battery.
->Physical KB.

And keep in mind that some people aren't confident about putting 500-800€ on a chinese device that will eventually kill its battery, so availability of spares and support/warranty are also a selling point here. Not to mention the people who's following the project, waiting for a production device to buy.

Yup.

The Pyra, despite being "underpowered" (not for the use I want it actually, but some may argue that way...), has a set of characteristics that no other device has yet:

->4G mainly.
->Passive cooling.
->Linux based.
->Backlit.
->Replaceable battery.
->Physical KB.

And keep in mind that some people aren't confident about putting 500-800€ on a chinese device that will eventually kill its battery, so availability of spares and support/warranty are also a selling point here. Not to mention the people who's following the project, waiting for a production device to buy.
Plus some of us are hoping for a motherboard upgrade in the future..

I'm hoping that that files used for case production will be released. There was some talk about that somewhere on these forums.
Same. There has been a blender model released, but IIRC the moulds have since underwent some adjustments while at the "new" company (feels strange to call it new, but last time I thought about it it still was!)

Yup.

->4G mainly.
->Passive cooling.
->Linux based.
->Backlit.
->Replaceable battery.
->Physical KB.

Don't forget the upgradable CPU board, something that will likely be the most unique feature of the Pyra :)

The emails have been resent to everyone who has not yet completed the survey. This time via SMTP, so it should arrive properly.
Still no email :( I checked spam (empty) and I checked my email preferences on Dragonbox shop - correct. I did find my order confirmation mail (06/9/2017) for the Pyra in the same mail account :)

Man, I'm such a dummy the account with the pre-order is no longer valid and I used my Gmail account for the forums. I've put in a request for a merger between the accounts so I can get the survey. Still excited for the next news item.

PYRA_FRONT_800x600-PGD.png

... Sorry, Couldn't resist... ;)

-Neelix

Back