Release 3.2 kernel issue tracking thread

I'm not, for now at least.

In longer term pandora needs device tree conversion to work on newer kernels, and that's significant amount of work which includes converting various drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was aware of the DTS. It could be a good starting point working on Linux kernel.

Are the various OP drivers really separated from the mainstream kernel.

It may be a hard task to update all the OP drivers. Doesn't it ?

Thanks for the information.

Patches have to be created for the mainline kernel and apply during the patch step of bitbake (OE).

I will try.

Do you think it will be better to create incremental patches: from current OP kernel to 3.3 mainline kernel + OE patch or go straight to 3.10 mainline kernel + OE patch.

I don't remember when the device tree was introduced.

I'm not sure it's wort doing incremental steps, OMAP and other ARM SoCs were (and still are) going through heavy changes to support multiplatform kernels for distributions (before you had to build different kernel for each SoC and sometimes even board, now it's possible to use one kernel on many SoCs), so each step might be a lot o work and targeting single kernel version might be easier.

Also we are no longer OE patches, everything needed is applied directly to our tree at http://git.openpandora.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pandora-kernel.git and built from there without any extra patching.

One more interrogation,

In a first step, will it be more easier to work on the 3.10 mainline kernel and apply patches building from the master git openpandora kernel ?

After stabilization, the modifications could be pushed back to the openpandora 3.10 branch kernel.

Always the same kernel compilation problem.

Latest git on latest Slack, gcc 4.8.2.

This time, both uImage and zImage are produced.

Black screen, no SD activity.

Any idea ?

Always the same kernel compilation problem.

Latest git on latest Slack, gcc 4.8.2.

Compilation succeeds.

Black screen, no SD activity.

Any idea ?

Posted the kernel if it can be useful, just remove the .txt.

Attachments

• uImage.txt
    2.7 MB · Views: 174
Something went really weird !

I booted fine after a 3h compilation, then recompiled another kernel, just changing the -append.

Now 14h37 are elapsed, and i'm at the modules part, CC [M] drivers/md/md.o

The system is responsive, but i didn't try any pnd to bench or anything yet.

More stupid than that, a gksu i used for the make xconfig was stuck and consuming CPU.

Have another question, i thought the -append will remove the random numbers after the kernel name, but no.

So i have uname -r :

3.2.53-sl4p-00123-d1215454

Do you know how to remove these numbers ?

Back