notaz.gp2x.de
ok here it goes:

Known missing features:

• Scaler filter control

known bugs:

possibly unwanted features:

• audio controls that have no effect on pandora by pandora's design

OS integration issues

• SD card mounter utility the pandora freezes?

known non-issues:

• USB host (EHCI) - must run "sudo modprobe ehci-hcd" in terminal before use, maybe a GUI option will appear for this with time. Note that doing this disables some powersaving, which is back again if you "sudo rmmod ehci-hcd".

known broken programs/games:

• TV overlay usage breaks programs (PanMAME, ...)
  • UAE4ALL - broken controls (needs to be fixed itself, uses undocumented feature that won't be ported over)
  • MAME4ALL - quits back to desktop

hopefully fixed/implemented in beta4:

• nub middle click missing?
  • CPU clock reset to OPP default on resume
  • touchscreen is worse (missing improvement code from old kernel)
  • reboot hang (wifi crash)

hopefully fixed/implemented in beta3:

• overvolting support
  • bluetooth support (urjaman)
  • some realtek wifi drivers
  • TV out s-video/composite switch
  • charger LED is acting weird
  • wifi autoloaded by kernel, out of script control

hopefully fixed/implemented in beta2:

• overclocking support (no overvolting yet)
  • SD cards are slower due to erratum workaround (SD1 might still be little slower, out of ideas what else to do with the new driver, SD2 should be fully fixed)
  • audio glitches in many programs
  • some SDXC cards won't work (not really sure but this was reported fixed)
  • wifi won't turn back on after being turned off in the menu
  • SD cards stuck write protected (WP disabled for everyone because it doesn't work on many boards)

Last edited by a moderator:
Should dsp support be added to the list of missing features?

Seems internal wifi is activated by default.

My non-wifi Pandora hasn't crashed (yet).

Right nub (on this same non-wifi) is lost when putting into low power mode. Resetting nubs does nothing. Have to reboot

Can you tell us a little more about all the huge amount of new audio controls ?

Should dsp support be added to the list of missing features?
Well it has dspbringe included (instead dsplink), klaxon said it can be used too.

Yeah the new kernel autoloads wifi drivers, the old one needed it to be loaded manually by scripts.

Right nub (on this same non-wifi) is lost when putting into low power mode. Resetting nubs does nothing. Have to reboot
Hmm that doesn't happen here..

Can you tell us a little more about all the huge amount of new audio controls ?
The new driver supports various modes of PMIC audio block, however those are simply not connected physically on pandora. I guess I'll need to hack the driver to hide them, since they do nothing.

Yeah the new kernel autoloads wifi drivers, the old one needed it to be loaded manually by scripts.

Can we get that reverted back to the old behaviour? Wifi is a serious battery drain here, and I like to leave it off.

Hmm that doesn't happen here..

I can confirm that it happens here, though I have my nubs swapped so the left nub (assigned to mouse buttons) is non-functional after a low-power wakeup.

D.

I'm still searching how to blacklist modules in Angstrom... :/

Can we get that reverted back to the old behaviour? Wifi is a serious battery drain here, and I like to leave it off.
The drivers by themselves do nothing when loaded, it's NetworkManager that brings wifi up. So we could kill NM, but then you can't use other things it might provide, like connection using 3d dongles.

Autoconnection is what the mainline kernel does. Every deviation from mainline causing pain when updating forward, and I wouldn't like to think 3.2 is the last one we are going to get. It looks like I'll have to end up with 100s of custom patches again..

Is there no way to tell network manager not to turn on the wifi by default? then it wouldn't matter that the kernel driver was auto-loaded. Or am I missing something?

-Neelix

Which one of this bugs/missing features will be hard, which one will be verry hard to fix (if it would be easy you shurely would have done it already ;) )

Edit: What's the problem with Picodrive. I've played 3 Mega Drive/Genesis games without any issues.

Seems that after booting from SD card, just after turning on wifi led, system hangs and/or stops loading. Only blinking cursor appears.

Last edited:
Which one of this bugs/missing features will be hard, which one will be verry hard to fix (if it would be easy you shurely would have done it already ;) )

Edit: What's the problem with Picodrive. I've played 3 Mega Drive/Genesis games without any issues.

You need to manually select the new kernel in the boot menu else it boots the old one, which works.

I havent tried everything program/emulator yet but

Snes9x4p doesnt work, just quits back to desktop after selecting game

FBA - Works fine

Handy - Works fine

HuGo - Works fine

MAME4ALL - quits back to desktop

Mupen64 - Works fine

PCSXReARMed - works fine

UAE4ALL - wont load after selecting core

gpSP - works fine

gpfce - works ok, but sound is a bit flakey.

Angry Birds - Works fine :)

Doom Runner - Works fine

IOQuake2 - loads fine. looks fine but controls do not work.

PrBoom - Works fine

ZQuake-GLES - Works fine

EDuke32 - doesnt load menu

Streets of Rage remake - controls work in the menu but not in the game. It appears the menu use the 'keyboard' control but the game uses 'Joypad'

OpenTTD - Works fine

LemmingsSDL - Works fine

SMPlayer2 - Works fine

It seems fairly solid for the first beta. Looking forward to updates.

My SD cards aren't showing up in the experimental boot, wi-fi turns on automatically too as mentioned by others. I'm using 64GB cards formatted FAT32

Here's a report from dmesg attached

Attachments

• link64GB.txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 909
SD access (fat32) is also slower than with the old kernel. Saw it first with thunar.

Tried to view a full hd video with PanPlayer, no fluid image, as usual, but the sound has more pauses. The led blinked on and off longer, maybe staying ~30% more time in each state.

When i exited the video, had a blackscreen, OP button didn't work. I put in low power, then i couldn't do anything but reset.

I havent tried everything program/emulator yet but

It seems fairly solid for the first beta. Looking forward to updates.
Thanks for testing, lots of broken stuff..

SD access (fat32) is also slower than with the old kernel. Saw it first with thunar.
It's because of mutiblock transfers that are broken on OMAP, new kernel just disables them. This should fix data corruption when copying between cards.

The firmware for realtek wifi USB dongles isn't uploaded to the device so my rtl8192cu dongle doesn't work. (Works with 2.6)

EDIT: And I can't overclock above 900MHz anymore with the 2.6 Kernel o_O Used to work up to about 1050MHz Not even when downgrading everything! NOO!

sometimes pandora doesn't come out of suspend to ram (after sleeping for a while) - i get a blinking cursor and need to hard reset

EDIT: And I can't overclock above 900MHz anymore with the 2.6 Kernel o_O Used to work up to about 1050MHz Not even when downgrading everything! NOO!
Fresh firmware install won't allow you that, you need to change OPP in CPU-settings.
I did that, both the GUI and /proc/pandora/cpu_opp_max tell me my max OPP is set to 5

Edit: Ok, 880MHz is the highest I can go, as far as I remember that's the highest clock I could go at OPP3. Is it possible my Pandora's ignoring the allowed OPP somehow?

Back