200 Finished, Some One Nubbers Available

craigix said:
The 3000 cases is in hand, it's not a delay of any kind. They will ship when we need them.

As has been said before, it's either speed or QC. We're going with QC right now, but speed will improve over time while keeping the QC.
Craig, could you please clarify a little? As I'm not sure I understood your message properly. Do you mean that they have already been produced and painted? What's keeping you from shipping them?

For me, the cases feel as a thundercloud hanging above the project right now as the Chinese factory has proven to be unreliable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alerino said:
i myself read like this: YES, the cases are ready, but the texans are producing boards slower because of QC
No, the cases from the chinese Factory weren't even "ready" when the factory told us that they are "ready". ;)
I guess they promised to the OPTeam to start instantly on demand but I doubt they will do this in the next days/weeks, of course I HOPE they already dit it. :)
But I be prepared to get a message like "first 1000 Pandoras are built and shipped but now we have to wait for the next 3000 cases..." or something like this.
I guess it is still very complicated for the OPTeam to communicate with this Factory and get any confirmed reports of current status and progress. I guess the OPTeam will be very happy when the last Case has shipped to England. :D

craigix said:
The 3000 cases is in hand, it's not a delay of any kind. They will ship when we need them.

As has been said before, it's either speed or QC. We're going with QC right now, but speed will improve over time while keeping the QC.
That is great news!

If a few hundred completed Pandoras are shipped out every week with improved quality, that is Awesome! Hopefully production can be sped up at some point, but I think everyone will agree quality over quintity at this point. ;)

Chris

Is it also possible for people who ordered @Ed's shop
to receive one of the faulty units?
If thats the case do I have to pay
additional shipping costs for having it send to germany?

I'm so bloody tempted to be a one nub charly, buy my common sense gland is kicking in and stopping me. The urge to have NOW is strong like bull

craigix said:

This must be a joke Craig, after all what you've seen of the Chinese, you can't be that naive. Not again.

I have send one to the Adress on Craigs Site (GBAX.com), Damn it wasn´t openpandorasales@gmail.com I believe...
Edit: It was gp2xsales@gmail.com :(
Guess I have to wait a little longer then.. More exciting times to come :D

I think we all know at this point that when the Chinese factory is asked for something, there is a delay of some sort. They may actually have the cases from the mold machine, but still not painted or not have the odds and ends attached yet. Hopefully the simple solution would be to ask them to be shipped a week in advance of when you ACTUALLY need them so that they have the time to do what they should have done anyway. And if you do by some miracle get them earlier than you expected all the better (assuming you have the room.)

Ok the Cases are allegedly allright, but what is whit the Boards: Whe need 3000 Boards to deliver all Customers, but they ar only apple to assemble 200 boards per week???

no problem, QC is most serios: It needs some time but if whe recive our units, whe dont need to send they back to repair..

but the waiting isnt nice!!..

craigix said:
The boards are indeed the bottleneck - but we have made so many QC demands on them they have to slow down.

I assume they're just gonna send you x amount a week? and not wait many many weeks then send a large batch?

craigix said:
The boards are indeed the bottleneck
Oh that's something new for a change, but I would feel a lot better if I knew that the cases were in europe, all 3000 of them.

We won't be getting all 3000 at once, rather in batches of 1000 as we tweak things to perfection. It's never a good idea to get things like boards/cases in massive shipments - what if all of them have a defect?

No, we're playing this with great caution, like we have from the start.

That means: You Wait for the time, the faktory in Texas has 1000 Boards in Stock, and then you give the chinese the ok to ship 1000 Cases??

I'm confused... Out of curiosity, are the 'one-nub' pandoras the early ones? Are there any 'one-nub' in the ones you shipped this week?

Back