Your Most Wanted Emulated Game On Pandora? (aka Friday Night Insomnia.

Clad said:
Link's awakening (black & white).

I know, this may sound strange for a C64/Spectrum/Atari 400 fan, but I badly want to play this one right now.

My 2nd would be Elite C64 I suppose. And then, loads of C64 platformers.
And why not to use a GP2X with GnuBoy for that :D? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
joshwaan2k said:
Black Thorne PC (dosbox) full speed
You know Black Thorne (USA)/Black Hawk (PAL) has also been released for the SNES, right?
You can already run it on your 2X, if you have one.

Brilliant game btw, like all the blizzard/interplay stuff

joshwaan2k said:
Yeah mate I own the Snes version.

But the PC has slighty better 2D with blood hehe :)
Ok - just checkin :p,
I own the Snes game as well :D
But I agree the dos version has better graphics..

Yep that's why I want it so much.

I seriously can't wait for the Pandora handheld. I hope it does really well ;). It should with this specs and support behind it. :)

I can't wait to play Snes and Amiga games full speed.

Ahh..it would be nice to have a version of Tekken hopefully 3 or newer..but not sure if that is possible..I think I a saw a port of it to the GP2X though..

BaDToaD said:
Big kid that I am I have to add Snowboard Kids for N64 to my list of wants :)
Great game!

I hated what they did with the DS sequel (cute deformed kids turned into annoying teens with attitudes... *snore*), but the N64 games were excellent. There's also a SBK for PS1, it's the first game, but was only released in Japan. I wish they'd made a Dreamcast version back then, could've been the definitive SBK version.

The n64 is one my favourite consoles of all time i really want to see this pandora running full speed, the system is very powerful it should be no problem emulating n64.

These are the games i want to play on n64:

1)Super mario 64
2)super smash brothers
3)fighters destiny
4)killer instinct gold
5)f-zero x
6)super mario kart 64
7)turok series

and many others. :)

sukhigp said:
The n64 is one my favourite consoles of all time i really want to see this pandora running full speed, the system is very powerful it should be no problem emulating n64.
I want to quickly break up this rumor - the Pandora might run the N64 decently, but it will take effort from a developer to get it working.

The big one that hasn't been mentioned yet (on a system that hasn't been mentioned yet, sadly):
NiGHTS on the Saturn.

javaJake said:
Isn't that a game produced by the same ones who made Sonic? The one about dreams and whatnot? Looks interesting, but I've never been a fan of "on-rail" games.
Exactly. It was the last GOOD game by the Sonic Team. At the time, the game was unbelievable: it had procedurally generated music (it changed dynamically according to what was happening on the screen. Not "changed from one MP3 to another": it increased/decreased BPM, changed the instruments, tone, etc), a very cool graphical distortion on the scenario when you approached the land, and a fantastic control system. Actually, it had the first analogue joypad on a console outside Japan, before the N64 came these ways. It was just plain beautiful, one of the most beautiful games of that generation. Unfortunately, it was severely underrated, and almost nobody played it (at a time when it was cool to ignore Sega). If you've never played it, you should try it on an emulator: I'm not sure on how well it aged, but at the very least it should work as a way to think, "how could they do something like this and then ruin the Sonic franchise?" :)

I couldn't disagree more. I thought that NiGHTS was one of the most overrated games of all time.

I bought that game the day it came out expecting to be floored. This was the game that all Saturn owners had been waiting for. It was supposed to save the system.

It looked nice. It sounded nice. But, man was it boring.

Since then it's gained, sort of, a mythical standing, mostly from people who've never played it. (This isn't a shot at you, Steve. You've, obviously, played the game, and remember it much more fondly than I.)

Policenauts.

Saturn version is unlikely but playstation version might be possible. It also depends on whether the translation will ever get completed.

Also Samurai Spirits rpg for neo geo cd if translation of the game ever gets done.

mick said:
I couldn't disagree more. I thought that NiGHTS was one of the most overrated games of all time.

I bought that game the day it came out expecting to be floored. This was the game that all Saturn owners had been waiting for. It was supposed to save the system.

It looked nice. It sounded nice. But, man was it boring.

Since then it's gained, sort of, a mythical standing, mostly from people who've never played it. (This isn't a shot at you, Steve. You've, obviously, played the game, and remember it much more fondly than I.)
Must say, I'm in the remembering NiGHTS fondly camp - but I came to it years after it's release (I got my Saturn about a year or two before the PS2 came out when they - and the games for them - were *very* cheap), so missed the hype. I don't recall the proceedural music, which probably just goes to show how well integrated it was into the game.

I do remember the ending song and just how cheesy that was. I also remember being surprised at how short the game was (I seem to recall only four levels, though I could be very mistaken there), but seeing as I got it for £10, that wasn't too big a deal for me. Definitely a game I'd enjoy playing again, though :).

Actually it already was, in a sense - did you either of you ever play NazcaDreams? Was a Nights-esque (but 2d) game released for the GP32 in Fenix. I remember that it didn't like the early ports of Fenix to GP2x, but who knows - maybe it's better now?

Back