Amassing your game/app library

Lynceus Glaciermaw

Still Fresh
It occured to me that a good thing to do while waiting for my Pandora is to amass the data I'll be installing on it. I've certainly got a list:

- Descent (old favorite of mine, I was thrilled when I saw it had been ported - shout out to any fellow Pyro-jockeys here!)

- Console emulation (Honestly, who here DOESN'T have a bunch of ROMs? Though many of mine have gone missing or were lost in my most recent reformat...)

- DOSBox emulation (I have an entire directory packed with old Apogee-era DOS games on my backup drive... that should be good.)

- Amiga emulation (I managed to get my paws on all three of the original Turrican games for the Amiga!)

- OpenOffice/word processor (I'm a writer. I figure the Pandora will be good for writing on the go.)

- Some kind of graphics app (I'm also an artist :p )

Anyone know of any good tower defense games I could put on the Pandora? I've recently gotten into the genre and it sure is a good one for killing some time.

What are you all going to put on your Pandoras?

roms roms roms, ive yet to aquire some mame, but all the console roms have been waiting for a pandora for almost a year now

If we can get a decent Flash player, I'm going to put Total Distortion on there. I also want to load a bunch of MAME arcade games, Wasteland (Apple ][e), Road Rash (3DO or Sega).

As for ones compiled directly for the Panda: Quake 3, OpenRA (provided it gets ported), and a bunch of the original indie games.

Yes, I plan to mine for indie games myself! And I don't think it'll be THAT much trouble to develop a Flash player, will it? I mean I'm not a programmer, but wasn't the point of Flash to be easily transported to many different platforms? (Or am I thinking of Java? lol)

I remember playing a really cool top-down maze tank combat game on the Apple ][e called Bolo many many years ago. Have you heard of it?

I don't think it'll be THAT much trouble to develop a Flash player, will it? I mean I'm not a programmer, but wasn't the point of Flash to be easily transported to many different platforms?
That's what Adobe has said, they want Flash on every platform, but they don't actually seem willing to do too much to achieve that goal. They released a spec that was basically useless, and put lackluster effort into their own ports (64 bit and linux especially). I still haven't figured out why they don't just open source their player, let the community worry about ports and optimization. I mean, there must be a reason, but I haven't figured it out.

That's very disappointing. It sounds like Adobe's getting into the same trap that Microsoft did with copyrights. Hopefully they'll realize the error of that way of thinking before it's too late.

I was at one of the local resale shops and saw one of the Crusader games (box and everything). Worth picking up?

^ I loved Crusader: No Regret. Though not having a Pandora yet I don't know how well it would run...

^I just meant in general. I think I played Crusader: No Remorse on my cousin's Sega Saturn a looong time ago. I was wondering if the PC version was worth picking up or if there was a better version.

^I just meant in general. I think I played Crusader: No Remorse on my cousin's Sega Saturn a looong time ago. I was wondering if the PC version was worth picking up or if there was a better version.
PC version was the original and so probably the best. If you can find the pack that has both games in it, that would be good ("Crusader Collection"). I really do wonder how well this would play on the Pandora. Here is a brief review of the Saturn port on MobyGames. http://www.mobygames.com/game/sega-saturn/crusader-no-remorse/mobyrank

I decided to go back to the store and buy Crusader. Anyway, since it was a used game, I figured I should inspect the disc...except there wasn't a disc in the box.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Back