Your Most Wanted Ported Game On Pandora?

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
What do you want to see ported to the Pandora. And remember ports need to have source code or be cloned from scratch.

This is my personal choice.

1. Oolite. Freeware version of ELITE with OpenGL graphics and some bells knobs and whistles added. This alone would be worth getting a Pandora for IMHO :)

2. This one's a clone rather than a port but needs mentioning. The Bioware Infinity engine. AKA the game engine that runs the Baldurs Gate games and Planescape Torment etc. Excellent RPGs with amazing storylines and excellent isometric 3D graphics. There is already a project to get this running on Linux GemRB. It's been mentioned here before in a couple of threads.

3. Finally Quake III. Not sure if it's doable but if it is possible as I believe, then this will make me a very happy bunny indeed.

This is probably not possible, but I've got to ask......
Is there any chance of a playable port of Flightgear on Pandora? :ph34r:

Heretic, Doom & Quake.

My boyfriend would love the UFO Enemy Unknown, but I am not sure about source code for that. Mind you, he could play it on an emulator such as AtariST or Amiga.

Hmmm...

- steel panthers (other similar SSI games like Age of Rifles)
- some WW2 RTS
- diablo (prolly need a new targeting system since that's what made diablo diablo)

Settlers 2 Gold edition, Either through DosBox, A good port or remake would be heaven.

Currently playing it (when moblie) on my EeePC without sound via dos, As it won`t work with the shitty intel graphics drivers in XP.

Trooper

1) gemRB , for baldurs gate & planescape torment

2) Lordsawar! a warlords 2 clone

3) Wesnoth

4) Stratagus, specifically some easy way to get warcraft 2 with CD-music onto the SD-card ready to play.

5) Widelands, a settlers clone

Macleod said:
This is probably not possible, but I've got to ask......
Is there any chance of a playable port of Flightgear on Pandora? :ph34r:
maybe when they optimize it to the point that i can run it on anything better than 30fps with low everything windowed in 800x600 with my 2.13ghz core2duo and ati hd3850.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about a port of Aleph One? The source code for all three Marathon games is freely available from Bungie if I remember correctly, and the open source project has quite the healthy community. Not sure about Pathways Into Darkness, that sure would be nice though.

Jackd said:
maybe when they optimize it to the point that i can run it on anything better than 30fps with low everything windowed in 800x600 with my 2.13ghz core2duo and ati hd3850.
Flightgear does not require a powerful machine (a 5 years old PC is enough). There is probably something wrong with your settings (or maybe FPS are locked?).

On Pandora, memory requirements will probably be a problem.

Can we get a bit unrealistic ? We can ? Cool !

I want Age of Decadence !

CPU should be powerful enough, graphic too... So bad it doesn't have enough memory.

If I wanted to be slightly more realistic, I'd say any spiderweb games.

trooper said:
Settlers 2 Gold edition, Either through DosBox, A good port or remake would be heaven.

Currently playing it (when moblie) on my EeePC without sound via dos, As it won`t work with the shitty intel graphics drivers in XP.

Trooper
Worked flawlessly on my 1st EEE with the default OS (xandros) with sound and everything. You're sure you're not missing something ?

... and what the point of windows on the EEE anyway ?

Jarabowa said:
What about a port of Aleph One? The source code for all three Marathon games is freely available from Bungie if I remember correctly, and the open source project has quite the healthy community. Not sure about Pathways Into Darkness, that sure would be nice though.
There's an Aleph One port for the GP2X and it works pretty good save for a few caveats. Saving/loading can be spotty, and the terminals are generally difficult to read because they aren't scaled down. Also, they can occasionally crash the game. The game runs well though, and it will be even more excellent on the higher-res Pandora screen.

Back