Your Most Wanted Emulated Game On Pandora? (aka Friday Night Insomnia.

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
OK, I can't freaking sleep. So I'll post a new Pandora forum topic. :)

What SINGLE emulated game (off the top of your head) would most like to see emulated on Pandora?

Mine: F-Zero X (Nintendo64)

Pandora is probably capable of some decent N64 emulation, though it might take a good while for that to happen. And we are long overdue for a polygonal F-Zero on a handheld (I'm lookng at you Nintendo, where the hell is F-Zero DS? Hmmm?). Pandora sure has the controls for it, and the nice big screen would be sweet. So yeah, I would love to see F-Zero X on Pandora (and Wave Race...).

I wonder how far Pandora can be pushed for emulation?

One thing for sure, we should finally see "perfect" 16bit console emus on a handheld. It will be fascinating to see how far Pandora can be pushed for 32bit era system emulation.

Uh.. where to begin, where to end? there is tooo much to play with the pandora :D

I think it could be Diggers on the Amiga CD32, which was one of my favourite games in childhood.
Main_Menu.gif

On the N64 it is "Super Smash Brothers". A very funny game. :lol:

I'm most interested in trying out games and systems that i haven't played before, but for games that i already know:

Final Fantasy Tactics
Super Metroid

If someone gets some SNES special chips emulated, Mario RPG I haven't played that game in ages and somehow playing it on PC just feels wrong.

Alien Breed 3D on the Amiga. Still one of the most creepy games I have played to this day. Graphics are pretty simple but for scare factor give me this over doom3 anyday. Talk about atmosphere!

Creeping along a corridor hearing the breed in the distance looking for you. Eeek :)

definately some decent amiga emulation. Can't really name a particular game right now as I never had an amiga myself but the system is just so awesome that I will really dig into it when the pandora is out.

other then that... breath of fire 3 for psx.

kingbuzzo said:
Don't need a Pandora for that!! 60 FPS on gp2x already.

By far the game I'd like to see most is Wave Race on N64, with Blast Corps second.

Some PSX games like Gran Turismo would be cool too.

Maybe some cannon fodder with the touchscreen too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would very much love to see DosBox running well enough to play Syndicate, but this is probably wishful thinking.

Luckily, there is a GPL reimplementation of the game underway called the FreeSynd Project. Progress has been sporadic, but it does not seem to be abandoned. Looks like I may get Syndicate in my pocket after all :)

EDIT: Well what do you know, there was an official Amiga release of the game as well. Now we're all but guaranteed to have Syndicate on the Pandora.

Link's awakening (black & white).

I know, this may sound strange for a C64/Spectrum/Atari 400 fan, but I badly want to play this one right now.

My 2nd would be Elite C64 I suppose. And then, loads of C64 platformers.

Back