Your Most Wanted Ported Game On Pandora?

Cavestory. I don't think there's a linux port yet, but there are homebrew ports for the ds and psp so it should be doable.

erik said:
Cavestory. I don't think there's a linux port yet, but there are homebrew ports for the ds and psp so it should be doable.
Ummm, its already on the GP2X, so obviously there is a Linux version, and an almost certain easy port (Plays great BTW on GP2x)

Last edited by a moderator:
Could Frontier First Encounters run (Decently Emulated) on the Pandora?

Minimum requirements include a 386 but recommendations include a 486.

im mainly interested in pandora for it's emulation and online capabilities ive got some ideas for ports

think tanks would be fun
as would lumines
diablo II
geometry wars

KRH said:
Could Frontier First Encounters run (Decently Emulated) on the Pandora?

Minimum requirements include a 386 but recommendations include a 486.
It runs decently on a 25MHz machine, and sluggishly on a 16MHz one. So if we get the equivalent of 25MHz or more of power, then yes, it's a possibility, but it's a borderline one, unfortunately.

I do hope we do get it though :)

EDIT: Not a ported game, though, as no source. Unless someone feels up to doing the same for it as happened for the original FE2?

Mutilator said:
would love to play grim fandango on the pandora and dungeon keeper 2 but doubt that would work :(
Grim Fandango should be perfectly possible, if the Residual engine could be ported/finished (it already plays Grim Fandango up to a certain point).

Amit said:
Starcraft :D
I am definitely going to have to second that one. It will already be possible with the n64 port but that isnt really anything more than a demo for what the pc version can give. Its resources were extremely low i had it running on a computer i bought in 96. Hell, with all the talk of emulating a pc environment with an x86 processor this would an amazing project. I would even volunteer to make some pandora specific maps hehe... Zerg VS Protoss on the pandora logo sounds sweet to me!!

Frets on Fire
That is an actual opensource game, making it all the more easier

Grim Fandango should be perfectly possible, if the Residual engine could be ported/finished (it already plays Grim Fandango up to a certain point).

didnt even know about that thanks for the msg would be great to play as manny on the pandora

Tobriand said:
It runs decently on a 25MHz machine, and sluggishly on a 16MHz one. So if we get the equivalent of 25MHz or more of power, then yes, it's a possibility, but it's a borderline one, unfortunately.
How sluggishly on the 16 MHz Box? If it's above 5 Frames per second, I'm happy.

peca said:
I just remember. Excellent game from Bullfrog - Syndicate. But maybe can run in DosBox.
Since Amiga emulation is a given for the Pandora just play Syndicate on that.

KRH said:
Tobriand said:
How sluggishly on the 16 MHz Box? If it's above 5 Frames per second, I'm happy.

Just a bit more sluggish than most 3D games made for Atari ST ran. Certainly too slow to play properly, and maybe too slow to play full stop due to space combat...

Back