Release Xash3D - Half Life

ptitSeb: once more, hats off to you! you are the ninja grand master!

Thanks to mittorn and a1batross, xash3d now support Blue Shift!
Enjoy the new build on the repo.

Build 10
-----------

• Added automatic Blue Shift support
  • Updated sources and libs
If I knew what it was, I would definitely play it. Still, that doesn't change the fact that you are a real expert at porting things.

I am wondering how do you guys play games like this - with the nubs or do you add a mouse to the Pandora. I am a pretty bad (without ass) FPS player and playing without a mouse just seems impossible. 

I am wondering how do you guys play games like this - with the nubs or do you add a mouse to the Pandora. I am a pretty bad (without ass) FPS player and playing without a mouse just seems impossible. 

Not sure, exactly... This is actually the first game FPS in a while that I can get away with it as my 1Ghz Left nub is broke completely and this used the right nub by default. But besides that point, there is a bit of auto aiming involved so it's a tad easier than the PC counterpart.

Not sure, exactly... This is actually the first game FPS in a while that I can get away with it as my 1Ghz Left nub is broke completely and this used the right nub by default. But besides that point, there is a bit of auto aiming involved so it's a tad easier than the PC counterpart.
All my FPS ports should use right nub for aiming, and optionnaly left nub to move (or DPad to mode).
With Nub for aiming, it's true that without autoamiming, it's a bit difficult (note that Return to Castle Wolfenstein, both Jedi Knight, and Xash3D feature some autoaiming aids, not sure for the multiplayer games, I don't remember if I hacked some in, as it can be seen as cheating).

A new build on the repo. I have fixed a bug with the Uplink PND, and I guess this same bug can trigger with the regular Xash3D pnd on certain mod...

Build 11
-----------

• Fixed a bug that may prevent certain mod to start a new game

That's a decent port! Are you planning to update it?

So @Alpibrine28 you can rejoy thanks to the work of the xash team, here is some support for Counter-Strike.
To be honest, I have not much tested the support, I just launched a LAN game, and wandered around alone. Not sure everything is working fine. So tu use that new port, copy your "cstrike" folder beside the valve folder and use the "Custom Game" menu in the main menu.

Appart from this, this new build has better optim flags and with the latest glshim, should be a bit faster than previous build.

Build 12
-----------

• New build (should be faster)
  • Preliminary support for Counter-Strike

So @Alpibrine28 you can rejoy thanks to the work of the xash team, here is some support for Counter-Strike.
To be honest, I have not much tested the support, I just launched a LAN game, and wandered around alone. Not sure everything is working fine. So tu use that new port, copy your "cstrike" folder beside the valve folder and use the "Custom Game" menu in the main menu.

Appart from this, this new build has better optim flags and with the latest glshim, should be a bit faster than previous build.

Build 12
-----------

• New build (should be faster)
  • Preliminary support for Counter-Strike
Aww ptitSeb, thank you!! I will try it!

Really, no speed improvement? So it was placebo effect? I don't have a benchmark, only fps counter, so it's difficult to say.

Local LAN server works without any problem! I will try multiplayer with other players tonight.

Really, no speed improvement? So it was placebo effect? I don't have a benchmark, only fps counter, so it's difficult to say.

yeah no noticeable improvement. was just playing last night the same level before and after the update and apparently there is no big difference at all. at least not visible.

Back