Wiz Update

Could anyone please give me a link to one of the newer firmwares (after October)? The link I had before died a long time ago. PM it if you don`t want to post it here for some reason. Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They are on about releasing a new one next week, I'd wait.

I hope the Wifi has already been added in and there wont be an added delay i really hope im reading the news right on the site. Says there adding wifi to wiz!

I am not convinced. They have always said they will have a WiFi dongle, never that it would be built in.

Perhaps the wifi chip has already been installed built in, but all they need to do is activate it in the next firmware update? (Like the iPod touch 2g's bluetooth!) On gp2xwiz.com, they say that the wiz "will have the features when further upgrades are complete." Upgrades are COMPLETE, not started. ;)

'Peter R' said:
Just asked GPH about this. The Wiz does not have WiFi built in. The Wiz will have a USB WiFi dongle that will allow it to use WiFi.
The wifi will the be sold separately, right?

Regards

André

This isn't the first time this confusion has happened. GPH should be more careful about using language that suggests that Wiz will have built-in wifi instead of requiring an addon (which is not a very effective move IMO, plus the add-on looks a bit on the chunky side)

'Exophase' said:
This isn't the first time this confusion has happened. GPH should be more careful about using language that suggests that Wiz will have built-in wifi instead of requiring an addon (which is not a very effective move IMO, plus the add-on looks a bit on the chunky side)
Is there a picture of the addon?

Regards

André

fettouhi said:

Regards

André

There was somewhere, at some point.. unfortunately I don't know where or if it's still there :(

fettouhi said:
It's not great, but I think this is the only pic that exists:
network.jpg

'Chip' said:
'fettouhi' said:
It's not great, but I think this is the only pic that exists:
network.jpg
Cool, many thanks. Anybody then know how this addon is going to work? Will there be WPA1/2 support?

Regards

André

Back