Wiz Update

'Knoxximus' said:
'pandora' said:
Yes, right Dpad was changed a while ago.
No, your current cradle won't work.
No, GPH have no current (public) plans to realease a Wiz cradle.
Thanks for the prompt reply! I tried clicking on the youtube vid links that would show said buttons, but they are 404'd. Any pics you can link me too? Also, if I preorder from the GP2x store, I would definitely get the new button layout model?

All the old button models are gone now as far as I know. The 404 is caused by the forum bug going on here at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out my website for new Wiz pics

CODE

http://www.gadget4linux.com/?p=105

Copy paste it in your browser ;)

^Good to see it in comparison with other objects - a better idea of size.

Whats in the accessory pack? A hand strap, SD card holder and ....?

I really hope they make more of those decals for the Wiz in the future, I don't really like the ones in those pictures but they look very nice on the Wiz itself, so I could definitely see myself buying one with a different pattern. A lot of decal things don't look as nice when they're actually on the system.

I hope they will make the cardle with TV-out and other fast :p :p

Was wondering too but didn't find out maybe read about the composite out-put to fast/incareful ,, Would love to have a possibility of playing on 480P and viewing pictures on 1080P ( playing on bigger resolution with simple games )

'CyberAxe' said:
Any status updates?
Well, yes, I checked my order, and on the Gp2xStore, it says it will be available on the 25th, not the 30th.

Also, I really would like some clear photos of the new button layout, if anyone could please?

Here`s one from a short while back

wizbuttons.jpg

'Alex.' said:
Here`s one from a short while back

wizbuttons.jpg
Hey, thanks for the speedy reply. Love your avatar btw.

I like the way it was, what I'm wondering though, is how exactly did they change all the layouts on every console? Did they already make them and have to recall them and fix every single one, or did they catch it before it was mass-produced?

'Gruso' said:
The latter. It hasn't been mass produced yet.
They are now though, right? How long does it take to mass produce them anyways?

Man, I've never taken this much interested in something I'm buying before.

if they were already mass produced then we'd be able to buy them already. i would imagine if theyre to be ready for the 25th then mass production has already started or will start very soon.

If the Wiz is not further delayed, we are now less than 20 days away from its release date. I honestly was expecting to have seen more movies about the Wiz menu system and games by now. Do any of the developers have anything to say about the latest firmware? Is it faster? Is it more stable?

'Ghaleon' said:
If the Wiz is not further delayed, we are now less than 20 days away from its release date. I honestly was expecting to have seen more movies about the Wiz menu system and games by now. Do any of the developers have anything to say about the latest firmware? Is it faster? Is it more stable?
Should I be asking around for someone to send me a newer firmware? And maybe a way to enter uBoot so I can flash it (my kernel doesn't even have MTD setup so...).. there's no delay time so I don't even know if it's possible to update my firmware :|

Back