Release WINE

How cool ist that ^_^

But why do you use a PC on the Pandora? :huh:
He's prob using SSH to command line in, I do this a bit when working on code on the Pandora and need to compile it on there.

I have a habit of running things I can't kill from the Pandora. It's also far faster to develop using the laptop than using only the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like a Remote Command Line?

Hey very usefull,how can i do this @ home?

Have knoppix on my PC.

Does this work over Wlan too,like VNC but only the Shell?

I didn't know this.  Thanks!  I guess this is how ptitSeb has been able to churn out PC games for the OpenPandora like Dunkin Donuts coffee  :D

Good grief lunixbochs, what kind of witchcraft is this?

In the olden days you would have had people wanting to burn you at the stake.

I mean that as a compliment  :)

And now try Heretic 2 or soldier of fortune. Or for a start: Quake... ;)

Good times ahead :)

Stupid question but for the people out here who are aren't too bright , what does all these mean? What will be able to do or play that we couldn't before?

Stupid question but for the people out here who are aren't too bright , what does all these mean? What will be able to do or play that we couldn't before?
Theoretically all the stuff (Windows games and Windows applications that are compatible with WINE).  The Pandora now can officially get "Drunk" with all these Windows apps/games  :D

In short: You can use the graphic card of the Pandora in an emulated X86 (normal desktop cpu) Linux  or Windows system which improves performance a lot.

You can play closed source games which got a Port to Linux. Here is a small list: http://www.lokigames.com/products/

With wine (currently not fully working) you can play games like Diablo2 and maybe Ultima 9 and Gothic on your Pandora.

Quake4 and Prey were ported too but are to demand probably too strong hardware for the Pandora (and have shaders).

Wow like maybe Deus ex on the pandora! that would be so cool..

Requirements are a little high for Deus Ex, so keep optimistic but expect disappointment :p

Back