Release Preview: Mupen64Plus 2.0 Video

I have improved the launcher, adding "per rom" Plugin selection (and global plugin selection too).

This week end I'll work on migration from r1 to r2 then I'll probably release a first version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool so we can run each rom with the (video?) plugin which supports it best, right? And we can save which plugin should be used with each rom.

Cool so we can run each rom with the (video?) plugin which supports it best, right? And we can save which plugin should be used with each rom.
Yes, exactly. Video, Sound and RSP plugin for now. I only have 1 input plugin so I didn't code anything for that, but can add it later if needed.

Only main thing missing will be cheat config. That quite heavy stuff, so I'll not work on cheating before relase, I'll keep that for later.

Does Pokémon Stadium and the GB-link work?
999.jpg

just remembering exophases rant

I have improved the launcher, adding "per rom" Plugin selection (and global plugin selection too).

This week end I'll work on migration from r1 to r2 then I'll probably release a first version.
Are per-rom pre configs possible and planed? So you always start the games with the best fitting settings and plugins...for lazy people like me. ^^ 

I read somewhere that rouge squadron (and battle for naboo). Are really hard to emulate because they did some sound gimmick.

Any chance of them running in mupen? Anyone tried? I have got good memories of the first one, although I had only the PC version.

Are per-rom pre configs possible and planed? So you always start the games with the best fitting settings and plugins...for lazy people like me. ^^ 
Not for the first release. But that can be done on later release, as a comunity effort (per rom are individual file, using Rom CRC as key, so it is doable to put a "database" of per rom default config).

I read somewhere that rouge squadron (and battle for naboo). Are really hard to emulate because they did some sound gimmick.

Any chance of them running in mupen? Anyone tried? I have got good memories of the first one, although I had only the PC version.
The default RSP plugin doesn't support the sound code of those game IIRC. There are other RSP plugin, but much slower, so I don't think they will be playable for now.

Back