Release Preview: Mupen64Plus 2.0 Video

Yep. It only has a preliminary GUI (didn't even really have one until yesterday) and requires lots of manual settings in the config files themselves to even run games properly.

Kumaki, I'm SURE you would've complained about that. I forgot which thread it was, but I remember you were complaining with some early public beta release that devs should write things so everyone can use them... and that's not yet the case with Mupen, therefore, no release yet :)

Thanks for the information.

To build I used vanilla mupen for core, rse and sound. I tried at first vanilla Rice with GLESv2 but had crash before entering ingame with game (does Rice GLES v2 stable on Android?). Than I copied your version of Glide64mk2 (which is very good, congrats!) wich I had running with a few customization.

I also grabbed your gles2n64.

Than I converted vanilla Rice plugin to GLS v1, to check it's stability (it is stable) and Arachnoid too.

One thing missing in the Glide plugin is FrameSkip. I know there is some code between #ifdef PAULSCODE, but I didn't found this code working well. Do you have effective frameskip on the Android version using Glide? I have frameskip using Rice, but Glide don't react well when just dropping a DisplayList.
Rice gles2 is pretty stable on android. Currently for compatibility glide>rice>gles2n64. Speed is the opposite but performance is still adequate with glide. For glide on android, it seems to work pretty well for me. Rice has the worst frameskip logic (auto or none). If I remember correctly, Glide's frameskip logic was taken from gles2n64.

Geez, I was kidding when I said, why wasn't I a part of it...gods, can no one se when someone is making a freaking JOKE?

Then I asked when any sort of public release was expected.

I got no answer to the real question...and my ship jumped for the joke.

And you wonder why some people react as they do...when you just want to jump someone's ship, and not even answer the legitimate question.

For once, try holding your tongue, if all you have to say is something negative, if all you want to do is jump someone's ship.  Just TRY...I dare you to TRY....NOT RESPONDING....just for once.

I mean, seriously...do you folks have to be SO mean all the time?

Maybe if I felt less picked-on, I'd react differently...YA THINK????

Geez, I was kidding when I said, why wasn't I a part of it...gods, can no one se when someone is making a freaking JOKE?

Then I asked when any sort of public release was expected.

I got no answer to the real question...and my ship jumped for the joke.

And you wonder why some people react as they do...when you just want to jump someone's ship, and not even answer the legitimate question.

For once, try holding your tongue, if all you have to say is something negative, if all you want to do is jump someone's ship.  Just TRY...I dare you to TRY....NOT RESPONDING....just for once.
Well, if EVERYONE didn't understand that that was  meant as a joke, can you blame EVERYONE for not understanding it, or could the reason be it was written in a way that didn't make that clear?

Don't forget - we can't see you smiling when you write posts, we don't know your mood, we can only read what you've written.

That makes things harder here.

"j/k" testing j/k

Edit: not working.  Anyhow, this forum is not for thin skin people.  You have to have thick skin to survive here because people speak their minds here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A few screenshot more, while I'm testing auto frameskip on Glide and take back Rice to tweak it a bit:

vrally99:  vrally99.png (playable)

fzero-x: fzerox.png (playable, and smooth with frameskip even with 2 players)

goldeneye: goldeneye.png (playable, a bit slow sometime in exterior)

yoshi: yoshi.png (playable with frameskip, still a bit slow but seems ok).

And just one with Rice

starfox64 : starfox.png (playable, it's also playable with Glide).

Come on guys, how could you take Kumaki's joke question literally by politely answering it. You guys are so mean.

I agree with her on this, you should not respond to anything she says. Ever.

Nice stuff with the emulator, btw :p Am too curious if PVRTC can help with performance for texture packs (although curious mostly from an academic point of view, I don't really like the texture packs that much myself)

Damn you, exo. You are such a passive agressive geek. That's why we all love you though, besides all the amazing things you brought us.

Me too, am very curous about how far we can push.

Please keep this awesome thread on topic. It is about this great work of ptitSeb :)

If I read Kumakis post again, I think I can spot the joke. But anyway it is not about Kumaki or someone else but about emulators.

AFAIR, ptitseb planned to have it in a few weeks.

But that heavily depends on how optimizations are coming along.

Often in coding, when you think something doesn't need much time, it takes a lot longer.

Agreed.

I just asked when a public release is expected.

Now will someone please answer that question, thank you.
Okay, I know I'm just asking for it here, but come on. Has no one ever told you it's rude to pester developers for release dates? If they had a release date in mind they'd probably have already told you. Not everyone has a crystal ball that helps them figure out when they'll get something done, and not everyone wants to commit to some date and deal with the fallout that happens when they miss it.

Has no one ever told you it's rude to pester developers for release dates?
Agree there. Kumaki, please be careful with the tone of your comments/questions. Sometimes your posts sound really demanding and you should really think twice before hitting "post". 

Putting pressure on people who are doing stuff out of their free time is really inconsiderate. You'll notice even many games studios do not EVEN commit to release dates (they just say "when it's done"), while they are professionals. Don't expect ptitSeb to come and say it will be ready by x.x.xxxx. 

Ok, I'll check and try to integrate their core update.
If you could structure it as a git fork of their repo, you can then get their future core updates "for free" by just doing "git pull". If you can put it on a public git so I can clone and build it for pandora, I could probably take a stab at some dynarec bugs too (eventually, not right now as I'm busy).

I just hope it doesn't end up with what we had with 1.x, with lots of tarbals all over the net, and where the source more or less got lost over time..
I'll be working the Open Pandora project into our repository once it is public.  This will probably prompt some restructuring of our folders (that is one of the reasons I've been wanting to incorporate an Open Pandora port - to help keep our repository more in-line with upstream Mupen64Plus).  I'll be releasing updates along with the Android updates when the logistics are worked out, and pull in fixes from these other projects when there is anything useful.

fzero-x: 
attachicon.gif
fzerox.png (playable, and smooth with frameskip even with 2 players)
You don't realise how happy that screenshot makes me!  In the existing public mupen, all those purple digits that make up the numbers apart from the 0 are corrupted.  Assuming they work in single player too then that makes F-Zero more than playable :D

Back