Release WINE

*_* I need this for "Die total verrückte Rallye / Dr. Drago" (BlueByte) and "Vikings - The Strategy of Ultimate Conquest" (great Pirates! clone from GT-Interactive). Both Win 3.1 games.

XP will not play these games anymore (well, DTVR with some tricks without mouse and unstable...) and having these on the Pandora without all the trouble installing Win... awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have i this Games not tested under Qemu?

Die total Verrückte Rally work good under Qemu.

Binfmt have i never used for my Tests because i dont know what this is :D

I used a Mix with X86 Wine Binaries and rest Arm orientated on the Wine Arm X86 Thread from them.

My Dream is to play Ragnarok Online on the Pandora :D

lunixbochs, do you pass the open gl code from the qemu box with wine to the host? Do you catch the calls with your wrapper and render it via open gl es? This would be awesome, wine translate direct x to open gl. You translate open gl to open gl es. This means hardware acceleration for games in a virtual box for a different kind of gpu. This is EPIC. If the works, maybe Diablo2 can run on the Pandora. I think I would never let go my Pandora again if this happens.

Everyone!  Grab another Pandora while supply lasts because this will change the entire Pandora landscape!!! :D   :D   :D

I seriously doubt it would run well. But well, I was wrong before about Jedi Knight.
It's within the theoretical bounds of emulation. When it was run before in a Windows VM with software rendering it was frameskipping like a mofo that frameskips a lot but it did actually appear to be moving at about the right speed. Optimism suggests that rendering is the bottleneck and if it could use the OpenGL renderer then it should be fast enough.Ooo, Diablo 2 would probably be a good benchmark. Running in a VM it seems to be on the border of running "very well". Compare it to QEMU+WINE and then again when OpenGL is working.

What about Torchlight?

Q: What are the minimum system requirements?
A: The PC version will require Windows XP or later, x86-compatible 800MHz processor, 512MB of RAM, 400MB Hard Drive space, DirectX-compatible 3D graphics with at least 64MB of addressable memory (such as an ATI Radeon 7200, NVIDIA GeForce 2, or Intel GMA 950). An internet connection is required for the digital download version to activate your installation.

The requirements are so low, we are even able to play Torchlight on the netbooks around the office!

I do not want to run Android!

I want it to work as a pnd, preferably...or in some kind of emu like this.

I do not want to screw around with alternate OS's, particularly Android, since I hear it can bollix up your SD cards.

I do not trust my very limited knowledge of all things programming, I just want a Peggle I can load up and go.  I don't want to have to do all sorts of tricksy things to make it happen.  I'm not that comfortable with my skill level...or rather, lack of skill level.

It sounds like peggle dual strike on the ds is what you are looking for.

It has content from peggle and peggle nights and even extra bonus stages.

And drastic plays it perfectly.

I don't want to learn how to use my Pandora - I just want someone to do it all for me!

D.

Back