Release WINE

Pretty sweet, but can it play Crysis? :D

I couldn't help but notice the overlaid music. Am I safe in assuming you haven't got sound working yet?

I couldn't help but notice the overlaid music. Am I safe in assuming you haven't got sound working yet?
No, I was talking to someone during the video and felt like replacing the audio track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even better :D

Next time just plug the Pandora's audio lineout into the camera's audio input, let us bask in the nostalgic midi-ness :p

Amazing work! WINE is something I have been interested in but have never been able to get my head around.

But if I could request a couple of short videos:

For me: One where the robot catches you.

For the smart arses out there: One where you hold down f and escape the robot. There's always somebody demands it when skifree is mentioned :)

I like it very :)

Nice to see that Wine have a Chance.

I tried in the near Past with that too but work not realy here.

Maybe we can work both on that LB.

When you need Betatester or maybe a good working Gnemul Directory,can i maybe build one for you.

Gnemul Directory content the X86Files for Qemu.

I was near to get X86 Software running but it failed and Qemu User ended the Wineserver in Backround after executing one X86 Software.

I have Backups from that Time and when you want can i extract the Gnemul Directoy for you :)

Wine X86 is realy tricky to get run,i tried differrent Versions/Replaced Binaries but no real good working here :)

A tricky part is the "binfmt" thingy, needed to correctly execute x86 code. Well, tricky to PNDise.

I'm curious, is a full x86 wine, or a mix arm/x86 version?

That's very nice to have some x86 windows software running witouth Segfault :) !

This is x86 WINE. I built a gnemul already. I'm not sure this will go into a PND, unless it's a one-time installer.

It'll take up at least ~50-80MB for WINE? Then the size of your gnemul (mine's about 200MB including WINE).

However, my setup process is currently a script that symlinks the necessary files from an SD card. This means it takes up zero space on NAND except the .wine folder.

You could run this entirely from SD (without touching any system files) if you wanted to pick your Windows exe from the PND's file browser, kinda like a ROM or AGS.

Back