WiFi, tests and CircuitCo (2011-06-17)

But what if they need too long and a lot of people want a refund?

You can be sure i will never cancel my order, even if it takes another year. I guess i'm past the point of no return and i'm not really missing the money :)

Preordered my Pandora in September 2010. Not quite a year, but close enough... and yes, there are people who have waited longer. :)

Depite any issues that may happen, I will NOT cancel my order! The team are doing a great job!!

I will admit, I would love to have a Pandora right here at my work desk so I can do all kind of things while on my lunch. However, I am patient. Looking forward to that day. I am going to put all sorts of things on it. I will NEVER have to carry a laptop anymore. Everything in my pocket.

The Pandora team have my full support, even if there ever to be a Pandora 2 in the future.

Keep it up!!!!

:) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well OPT are certainly working hard despite CC - got an email reply at around midnight last night.

It's things like that and EDs attitude that keep me going.

Buying all of Craigs iPhone games and future ones to help (do not even really like the lemmings one but that's just my personal preference).

Got some status from the hardware tech guy today: He's still probing WiFi in different ways.

Seems like he's on the right track, as the connection is improving (the testing board connects to the AP but is very slow when it comes to a download).

Got some status from the hardware tech guy today: He's still probing WiFi in different ways.

Seems like he's on the right track, as the connection is improving (the testing board connects to the AP but is very slow when it comes to a download).

Great to hear that he's keeping in touch.

As a matter of interest, does CC still have any working boards to compare with?

Also is CC the supplier for the wifi modules or does OPL have them shipped to CC from a third party?

- Neelix

Great to hear that he's keeping in touch.

As a matter of interest, does CC still have any working boards to compare with?

Also is CC the supplier for the wifi modules or does OPL have them shipped to CC from a third party?

- Neelix

Yes, they also have boards from me where WiFi was working though they have other issues, so they can test them.

The WIFi modules are delivered from a third party, but it can't be the modules, as it would be weird if over 100 modules would suddenly have issues they never had before ;)

Sounds more like a production thing.

But the main problem is the SD...It dont detect anything... and is not my sd card, the OS dont register anything, like the sd reader is not connected at all...

I have the same issue with the second SD-Slot. The first one works fine and the second just behaves like a SD-Card-Holder or something. I wanted to make one SD for system and booting and the other one for everthing else so when i start to experiment with the system and break something with the files i could still switch back to the NAND quickly.

Yes, mine is a SD-card-holder too... and i wanted to the same from the begging,and for that i bought and SD class 10 for the system, and a class 6 for the rest of files... now i just can swap them manually..

as it appear is going to be for long... i will wait to send... even if it is true that i feel a bit horrible of get as a RMA a pandora with a hardware problem, and with the case broken... after of send one that i used 1 hour until i realize it was with the wifi not working...

About the wifi chips, maybe they are bad connected, i mean, the solder is done but very thin, and agains test it show it is working, but when it need to work it doesnt. I just guess, cause it happened to me with a PC power supply, the men in the shop checked with the typical tester, and it "was" working, but after connect to what ever computer didnt, i guess cause it couldnt manage for long the power, but enough to pass the test.

Sorry if this has already been answered guys but i ordered my Pandora premium from http://icontrolpad.com/pandoraprivate.html on the 17th and i was wondering if this issue was going to affect my 7 day turnover. If it does i may just need to re-organise shipping.

Thanks

Yes, everything is delayed at the moment.
sure is. i ordered premium two weeks ago. still dont have a shipping confirm email :(

:(

Thanks for the info guys.

They are still shipping but we're not shipping them as fast as we had been.

Thanks Craig. Does this mean that i might just have to wait a bit behind other Premium orders?

Keep up the good work, you guy's are doing hell of a good job considering the circumstances.

Ed has shipped me some fixed boards today, and we're hoping CC may ship a batch on Friday, so we're almost keeping up.

It's frustrating, I wish it was not happening.

Craig since you are here already :)

Would you please update us on the status of the TV out cables? If we cant proceed because there's a minimum order required, how many cables are needed to reach the minimum order amount?

Craig since you are here already :)

Would you please update us on the status of the TV out cables? If we cant proceed because there's a minimum order required, how many cables are needed to reach the minimum order amount?
I think he may have gone to bed.

About the wifi chips, maybe they are bad connected, i mean, the solder is done but very thin, and agains test it show it is working, but when it need to work it doesnt. I just guess, cause it happened to me with a PC power supply, the men in the shop checked with the typical tester, and it "was" working, but after connect to what ever computer didnt, i guess cause it couldnt manage for long the power, but enough to pass the test.

AOI & AXI would detect this. If CC uses them it will be a different error.

But the main problem is the SD...It dont detect anything... and is not my sd card, the OS dont register anything, like the sd reader is not connected at all...

I have the same issue with the second SD-Slot. The first one works fine and the second just behaves like a SD-Card-Holder or something. I wanted to make one SD for system and booting and the other one for everthing else so when i start to experiment with the system and break something with the files i could still switch back to the NAND quickly.

Yes, mine is a SD-card-holder too... and i wanted to the same from the begging,and for that i bought and SD class 10 for the system, and a class 6 for the rest of files... now i just can swap them manually..

as it appear is going to be for long... i will wait to send... even if it is true that i feel a bit horrible of get as a RMA a pandora with a hardware problem, and with the case broken... after of send one that i used 1 hour until i realize it was with the wifi not working...

I detected a hairline-crack at the left hinch just recently. I'm treating her really well and she has even got the good stuffed up bag of my DSi. I really don't know where this comes from :(

Back