Auch mein allererster Gedanke. Sieht aus wie diese Computer, auf denen Vorschulkinder Rechnen lernen sollen.zehjotkah said:
Nintendo DS Lite: 133,0 x 74,9 x 21,5 mm Pandora: 140,0 x 83,0 x 27,0 mm
IIHIIICH! *wink* Weil der ist leider viel zu klein für meine großen Pranken, ansonsten währs kein Problem. Ich hab auch Probleme mit Steuerkreuzen weil ma nda die Diagonalen nicht so gut drücken kann. Euer D-Pad ist besser aber ich hätts mir noch etwas weniger "Kreuzig" gewünscht. Und nen Stick kann man wohl leider auch nicht einschrauben?EvilDragon said:Eigentlich ist das ganze sehr an den DS Lite angelehnt, auch von den Größen und Button-Locations.
Wer findet den DS Lite unbequem zum Spielen?
I was active for a while on the german board and I read the whole "Our New Machine"-Thread over the last weeks. I just registered to say what I think about he design:
- I guess you didn't design it due to the cost, but tablet-mode would be freaking awesome.
- The speakers are a no-go. Go for vertical long lines that form anything but a circle.
- You can't be serious about shipping a linux device withour a Control-Key. Really. Add one, I'd rather have no comma than no Ctrl. It would make using a shell absolutely impossible.
- TAB is nearly as important and I think you should rethink the decision to make in only accessible per fn-key. As you hopefully know, the tab-key is commonly used to auto-complete everything in the shell. As typing won't be that easy on this device, auto-complete is very important.
- I guess you designed the keyboard that way so the thumbs do not press any buttons while using the gaming controls. Good Idea, but PLEASE make the keyboard (as it is in another colour) a square one with non-pressable fake keys in the top corners. It would look way better.
- I think there is too much space wasted on the numbers. make them a bit smaller and add escape to the top left corner. DEL could be remapped to backspace for those who prefer that
- If there ist any chance to add a fourth row and still have a typeable keyboard (perhaps none-flat keys), go for it. with the space in the lower middle, Ctrl, Alt, "." and "," right of m everything would be so much easier.
- Dual SD is soooooo nice. Thanks. Really.
- I really like the clamshell decision, it's by far the best option in my book. Just make sure the button don't touch the screen when closed like in some notebooks, the screen gets worn there and looks bad after a few months.
- Even though it looks cluttered, I think everything is in the right position, seems like you thought a lot about that, but one have to test that to find out if it suits.
Concerning the looks:
First i thought "UARKS". But it isn't that bad. The Speakers look terrible and the keyboard isn't a beauty also. The rest is WIN.
Thanks you guys for putting all the hard work in it.
Putting Connectors you may use while playing on the sides of the device isn't exactly genius, e.g. having the power connector there would make it harder to get a good grip while playing.
I am very happy that so much people want a Ctrl-Key, too. I wasn't sure how many people actually need one but just think about the people who want a proper SSH-device on the go.
I think all the connectors are very well placed.
I especially like the placement of the USB-Host, as when you plug-in for example a BT- or storagestick it won't constrain usage in any way. On the other side you wouldn't be able to open the lid completely. So it's up to the developers to build it
1. not fully openable so the lid can't touch a normal-sized USBstick
2. fully openable so the user has to take care himself
I prefer option 2.
And please, think about tablet mode, it would add so much usability for all applications that just need touchscreen input.
Another thing: As many others, I've been thinking about the touchscreen. Having played a bit with the DS I guess it will be not that easy to use it when you need both keyboard and mouse (due to the different angles).
As said, when having mouse-only apps, tabletmode
When having mouse/keyboard-apps, a special stylus would be the best solution in my opinion. use a small piexe of velcro which you tape around the part of your index finger which is nex to the tip so the stylus (which should be 4cm max) is over you tip but does not touch the keyboard while typing (when typing with your fingers, not thumbs, while thumptyping it wouldn't hinder anyway).
so if you need to to something on the touchscreen you will not have tu pull out the stylus, so somethin, put it back in and then continue typing but just make a quick movement of your hand, touch (with the accuracy of a stylus, I can't imagine using normal linux applications on such a high dpi-count without a stylus with a very small tip), and continue typing.
You wont have to include it though, I will build it myself, but I think it's rather convenient.
Pliskin said:....Pandora kling weibisch und schwul.
Pliskin said:Also mir gefällt das Design im gegensatz zum namen..... überdenkt nochmal den namen ....Pandora kling weibisch und schwul.
Der DS liegt wunderbar in der hand also kann ich mir gut vorstellen das die FreakBox (ich weigere mich den namen zu akzeptieren) auch gut in der Hand liegt.
Nur dann werden ein paar idioten kommen und es als ds kopie bezeichnen. :x
Fusion: Der USB Host ist hinten, vorne ist Slave.
Fusion_Power said:(Die L und R Buttons sind aber verdammt winzig. )