Who's Still Interested In Pandora?

Who

• I am!

Votes: 191 100.0%

• Total voters

O

OpenPANDORA

Unlike the other poll out there, this is strictly one sided.
It's actually more like a survey.

People who have no interest, or are no longer interested need not vote in this poll.

pandora_render.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize a poll could do that.

But, eight votes? Boy, I sure hope there's more than that on its way. And I hope people don't forget to shout out their vote, because I'm sure the non-voters will be quite verbal (not having their own poll option). :)

I, for one, voted "I am".

I don't see the point of a poll that only has 1 option. Isn't the purpose of a poll to compare the different opinions of people overall. Its like an election but with only one candidate. There is really no way we can compare anybody elses opinions and therefore the results are kinda pointless. If we found out 20 people voted and were still interested then this wouldn't be very informative because we couldn't compare it to the amount of people who aren't interested. Sorry for ranting but without a decent poll this thread is basicly asking the same question as another current thread.

Still very interested and hitting F5 way more than is healthy. I've brought a couple of accessories for the Pandora [in spite of my head saying wait!!] a GSM modem and a laser projection keyboard, hopefully if will work as a HID device [not sure if the keyboard will work straight away.. I have other uses for it anyway so theres no problem either way]

Can't say I'm not a little frustrated by the delays and some of the unreliable updates. But then these guy's aren't Nintendo or Sony, some kind of delays / problems were always to be expected.

If you're trying to find out how many people want a Pandora, this won't work. This will measure how many registered fourm regulars that bother to vote in polls are interested. This will provide no accurate figures at all.

I voted for God.
(anyone understand?)

Shaun. said:
I don't see the point of a poll that only has 1 option. Isn't the purpose of a poll to compare the different opinions of people overall. Its like an election but with only one candidate. There is really no way we can compare anybody elses opinions and therefore the results are kinda pointless. If we found out 20 people voted and were still interested then this wouldn't be very informative because we couldn't compare it to the amount of people who aren't interested. Sorry for ranting but without a decent poll this thread is basicly asking the same question as another current thread.

Re-elect Governor Marley. When there's only one candidate, there's only one choice. :)

But anyway, he's doing it purely to see how many people on the forums are still interested (and doesn't care about people that aren't; as he said, it's more a survey).

EDIT: On a sidenote, is that picture of the Pandora -actually- what the final will look like?

Last edited by a moderator:
midna25 said:
If you're trying to find out how many people want a Pandora, this won't work. This will measure how many registered fourm regulars that bother to vote in polls are interested. This will provide no accurate figures at all.

Thing is, everybody who ordered one did so online as a result of becoming aware of it through GP32X or it's related sites - it's unlikely in the extreme that there are a few thousand people just twiddling their thumbs wondering what happened to that thing they ordered, or just lurking unregistered without a voice.
You could conclude that far fewer than has been supposed actually re-pre-ordered following the first 'problem', or that a huge swathe of them dislike the internet, and their money. :D

To be honest? I'm not really sure anymore. I'm thinking of less and less stuff that I'd do with it that I can't already do with stuff I already have. Really, the only thing I can think of is playing emulated games, and who knows how long that'll last me for. Sure, I can play music, but I already have an MP3 player. Sure, I could play homebrew, but who knows how many of those come out that will interest me. I have PSP and Wii homebrew-capable, but no real homebrew on either of them, (except for scattered emulators, PSPComic and iRShell on my PSP--and I don't even use PSPComic anymore). Maybe I could watch some videos or something, but I hear the Pandora will be pretty taxed playing even SD XviD (IIRC, maybe I was thinking of SD H.264--either way, a lot of my videos are higher res than that, so I'd have to either convert them or just watch them with downsampling).

So I'm conflicted. It looked really cool a year and a half ago. But now, my interest is waning :/ I'd be happy if you guys could give me more reasons to want it, though.

I was luckily enough recently to get an Ipod Touch 2nd gen completely free courtesy of my lovely sister :)

Now as Ipod touch owners know only a jailbroken one is really of any use, even so for my needs e.g video and tv-out Apple does not make it easy. So while I am greatly enjoying the ipod touch I know that the Pandora and its far greater features and open nature awaits!

/Goes back to fiddling with the ipod/

Archaemic said:
To be honest? I'm not really sure anymore. I'm thinking of less and less stuff that I'd do with it that I can't already do with stuff I already have. Really, the only thing I can think of is playing emulated games, and who knows how long that'll last me for. Sure, I can play music, but I already have an MP3 player. Sure, I could play homebrew, but who knows how many of those come out that will interest me. I have PSP and Wii homebrew-capable, but no real homebrew on either of them, (except for scattered emulators, PSPComic and iRShell on my PSP--and I don't even use PSPComic anymore). Maybe I could watch some videos or something, but I hear the Pandora will be pretty taxed playing even SD XviD (IIRC, maybe I was thinking of SD H.264--either way, a lot of my videos are higher res than that, so I'd have to either convert them or just watch them with downsampling).

So I'm conflicted. It looked really cool a year and a half ago. But now, my interest is waning :/ I'd be happy if you guys could give me more reasons to want it, though.

Great control scheme, high-res touchscreen, very expandable storage, wifi, the power for lots of homebrew, the power and display resolution to make ports of desktop linux games possible, great battery life, and copy-a-file/instant installs. It's going to be a very powerful and useful device that, at the same time, is easy to use.

I'm excited. :D

IMO, while there's a lot of devices around/upcoming that do similar things to a Pandora, there's nothing yet that'll do EVERYTHING a Pandora will. I've considered alternatives like an ipod touch, netbooks, etc, and none of them are quite perfect.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure something better will eventually come out, but until then, my interest is definitely still here.

With all of the negativity about on the forum lately, I'm glad to see this thread :)

I want to say I became interested in the pandora project over a year ago when Zodttd told me about it. From everything I've seen, there will not be a device that will replace/surpass it for what it is for a long time.... if ever. So for that reason, I'm just as interested as I was over a year ago.

I've had my share of annoyances with the back and forth information from the team, but that doesn't change what they are developing and how awesome it is/will be!

Cheers to the Pandora team for working on my dream device!

Sincerely,

Collin

Enverex said:
EDIT: On a sidenote, is that picture of the Pandora -actually- what the final will look like?
Yes, that is what it'll finally look like.

Also, it's ironic how on the screen it says, "please wait". Ironic, don't you think?

Good things come to those who wait.

Don't click here.

Back