Who's Still Interested In The Pandora?

Who

• I am!

Votes: 132 95.0%
  • Nope, not me!

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters

Dingoo is fun. I bought one too. But it's nothing compared to what the Pandora will be!

Pleng said:
Dingoo is fun. I bought one too. But it's nothing compared to what the Pandora will be!

In the time I've been waiting I bought an Acer Aspire One and just recently an HTC Hero. I hope to tether my Hero to the Pandy via bluetooth....one day!

Last edited by a moderator:
it was fading a few weeks back but im back on board due to interaction and involvement of the skinning scene now. things like this pre-production makes me very excited about the final product.

Miner49er said:
In the time I've been waiting I bought an Acer Aspire One and just recently an HTC Hero. I hope to tether my Hero to the Pandy via bluetooth....one day!

Since I've been waiting I've bought (and more recently sold) an Nintendo DS, a Dingoo, a Wii and a new phone (Chinese dual sim qwerty keyboard jobbie). :p

I assume it's a parody of all those locked polls from earlier this week?

TheRain said:
That's really a silly thing to worry about- there's no way to say whether a 1ghz snapdragon would outperform a 600mhz TI omap3 at this point anyway.

If it doesn't then Qualcomm would have fumbled things tremendously because on paper it's a lot better.

TheRain said:
If it does outperform, I will bet the difference will be marginal, especially when factoring in light-weight vs heavy weight OS's- the Pandora will be running a fairly light weight OS which, as we've already seen, allows much better performance for thing like emulators. Take a look at what PSX4All performance is like on an iPhone 3GS compared to what it is like on the pandora right now. And I think zodttd has spent much more time trying to get it to run faster on the iphone, but to no avail so far.

A real comparison with real numbers hasn't really been made. But iPhone's overheads aside, I don't think that automatically means that something say, WinCE based would be a lot "heavier" than something Linux based. Who said he was talking about a non-Linux netbook anyway? Android is more likely than WinCE.

Back