Which Will You Buy?

Which handheld are you most likely to purchase?

• Pandora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wiz

• Both

• Neither

• Undecided

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what would be awesome? Multiplayer compatibility between WIZ and Pandora. That would allow me to buy both and be happy.

invinciblegod said:
You know what would be awesome? Multiplayer compatibility between WIZ and Pandora. That would allow me to buy both and be happy.
Too bad GPH didn't include a $5 WiFi chip to enable such multiplayer abilities, which, if included, would have me looking at the Wiz.

Last edited by a moderator:
sindbad said:
quasist said:
Certanly GP2X WIZ.
I thought this guy got banned.

Here comes the fanboy...
So, what he said that's so wrong now?

I second quasist, i'll buy the Wiz, the Pandora is a lot less than an EEE PC for almost the same price

hey

I just checked out the Wiz and found it to be by GPH, and personally I wouldn't touch anything with GPH on it as I just don't trust them.

Anyhows I don't think it's likely that I will get a Pandora anymore, at least not from the get go. Well I gotta save for other things, but nevermind.

I actually hung out at the official GP2X forums before it was released and such and never ended up getting one, I think mainly because of all the choas or whatever. I can say that I think things are completly different here and I do trust the folks behind the Pandora and would recommend anyone check it out if they are interested in these sorts of things, and I would also be confident in making a preorder if I was going to get one.

cyas

The small size and the smaller price point definitly speaks for the WIZ. It the build quality is good, and they change the second dpad to buttons it actually might convince me to buy one.

But currently it is still the Pandora I am planning to buy (definitly can't afford both).

CronoTriggerfan said:
invinciblegod said:
Too bad GPH didn't include a $5 WiFi chip to enable such multiplayer abilities, which, if included, would have me looking at the Wiz.

You can just use the usb ports for this purpose i would assume.

First I will buy WIZ than PANDORA :pandora1: .
Both are cool.
I mean WIZ for small size ,flash...
PANDORA for better specs...
I always wanted to buy XGPmini.

Shit why they didnt buy GAMEPARKs mold forms from XGPmini prototype???
I mean casing...

:lol:

I'm going after the Wiz. The overall design of the Pandora is uninspired and game control layout is just awful, and looks like it would be uncomfortable to use..besides, I've already got a Pandora. It's called an eeepc.

For the spec sheet on the first page, wouldn't it be fair to include a line for flash support since Wiz supports it and pandora is only speculative?

Also, Pandora has DDR 333 memory. While the true speed is 166 as listed, DDR numbers always list the higher number to look better. You don't want to confuse people and make them think they are getting 86 MHZ RAM (166 MHZ at two transfers per cycle).

As for which one I will get, I'm not sure yet. I'm so hesitant, I'm going to sit back a while with my F200 and see what happens. I'm just disappointed I can't see the OLED screen in person before a purchase.

tkeely4777 said:
I've already got a Pandora. It's called an eeepc.
Hm.. did you wash it on a very high temperature and added analog sticks and a dpad? Maybe care to share your mod, I've got an eeepc too and might be interested.

Pandora for me. The Wiz looks like a nice little game console but I'm looking for something I can also use as a media player, ebook reader and Internet device. I'm still a bit curious about how the Wiz will turn out, though, just not buy-curious if you know what I mean.

Still, with its smaller size and lower price point it looks like the Wiz will still have a niche for itself even with the Pandora around and I hope it does well (especially if its best games end up getting Pandora ports.)

Wiz.. ? Another JXD 301 clone ? Thank you, one failed handheld i own already. To be honest GPH failed again to release good handheld, they've even failed to "think before create". Sorry folks, but i think GPH has got many problems now, including "open community - phobia", "not listening-syndrome", "follow the standards in gaming industry-phobia" and many other.

If i could compare wiz to any handheld, ill choose JXD 301. It has also smal form factor, almost the same screen, 2gb internal mem and wery-wery crappy battery and like wiz -> "crappy controls".

Why GPH dont try to listen?
I really dont get it ....

Heya StreaK.

This is just my speculation and my personal point of view YOU CAN HAVE ANOTHER ONE:

Why?Maybe WIZ will have some fans... Its still better to support WIZ than support nothing :D or PSPslim and mess with unbricking a lot...
I mean I was thinking that GPH after stoped any production of F200 have some real troubbles...
Or something...
Like my dreamed XGPmini R.I.P...And look they made WIZ.
I will buy it no matter what!

And Pandora.It is best handheld that is withouth discussion...But to be real beast needs SAMSUNG,PHILIPS or THOMSON or any big company to beat SONY or NINTENDO.
Probably will be here SONY PSP2 very very soon.
And than of course new DSadvance or GBAnext or whatever too... Maybe WiiPocket...
Who knows... Maybe Microsoft too...
So potential buyers [gamers] will choose what will be best.

Buyers=Money=Next model of handheld=Long life of platform...

I mean PANDORA needs good partner or investor for advertisment and manufacturing and game developers payment to play game against SONYNTENDO!!!
Of course GPH is not so big as PHILIPS,NINTENDO... But still is quite popular at least in KOREA...
And KOREA is not small market...

Anyways PANDORA still is/will be fantastic handheld with pure homebrew spirit... I will buy them both :D.

Peter R said:
waffles said:
Im planning on the pandora for now, but if this thing gets rave reviews, it might be enough to get me to switch over. Also, does 169$ seem a tad bit high to anyone else?
No, you Americans are just used to getting everything too cheap. Besides, isn't it $180?

Your right, i should buy it for €200 and tour big ben and eat boiled cheeseburgers.

waffles said:
Peter R said:
waffles said:
Im planning on the pandora for now, but if this thing gets rave reviews, it might be enough to get me to switch over. Also, does 169$ seem a tad bit high to anyone else?
No, you Americans are just used to getting everything too cheap. Besides, isn't it $180?

Your right, i should buy it for €200 and tour big ben and eat boiled cheeseburgers.

Ummm, euros? I think that's a huge failure when attempting to insult a British person...

"Tour Big Ben" and "eat boiled cheeseburgers"? LMAO

That has got to be the lamest insult ever.

Oh, and I'll buy them both (probably). Will wait with regard to the Wiz, but I want and need Pandora asap.

waffles said:
You're right, I should buy it for €200 and tour big ben and eat boiled cheeseburgers.

What, i cant enjoy paying in foreign currency?
and to be honest i really didn't look into your nationality that much, sorry. Stalker man go?
Internet-serious business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back