Which Will You Buy?

Which handheld are you most likely to purchase?

• Pandora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wiz

• Both

• Neither

• Undecided

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
emil10001 said:
Pandora only. There's no reason that I can find to buy something that will have a similar library
What makes you so sure the library will be smaller? GP2X applications only need be recompiled so it's a good bet that a large portion of the games / emulators will be ported to the wiz, so it's starting off (potentially) with a large application support.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
sindbad said:
I'm only interested in the non-gaming capabilities of the pandora. The Wiz would be completely useless to me.
I'm only interesed in the gaming capabilities of the pandora. Therefore the Wiz very much appeals to me. If I can get one for 160€, I'll surely get one and forgot the pandora, at least for several months. On the other hand, if the Wiz did not exist, I for sure would have buy a pandora ...

I think I'll get a wiz. I've already got a eee for internet and I've been using my gp2x as a media player only for a long time now. So smaller size and better screen are both very welcome features. Yeah, games, my typical pastime with the only playable handheld I've had (gp32) was playing short stints of pc-engine shooters, so maybe the abxy-pad won't ruin the experience for me. Hope not. Things I would also like to see is an book reader and a comic reader, as my sony prs-500 just broke down and I think I'll wait for next gen of e-ink before splurging on a another one. But I don't know if a small oled is comparable, depends on how easy it is to look at and with comics on how large sections of a page fit there.

fishybawb said:
jakshep2 said:
you're wasting your money.
You're wasting forum space and Mancunian oxygen :p

I've preordered a Wiz from Play Asia :)

lol "Mancunian oxygen"

I should cross the road and waste Stopfordian oxygen instead.

Even if the thing (wiz) totally fails, it'll make a good media player with a good screen and a nice form factor. And open source of course. So even with only this, it'll be good value for money. And I do think shmups won't be ruined by the abxy-pad. And the diagonals are working, according to one prototype report, so no worries about the dpad.

Nova said:
jakshep2 said:

You're an idiot

Thats your opinion but I really don't see how how that insult is warranted though :blink:

I think this board can have people being far to hostile when it's not really warranted.

Edit: More on topic - The Wiz has plenty of power behind it to certainly produce some very nice homebrew games and some emulators which couldn't quite make full speed on the GP2x.

I think it's fairly ignorant for people to mindless promote one console over the other. Same idea with mainstream stuff. Each console is unique in its own way, and it you fail to acknowledge that, then you're nothing more than a fanboy :)

The Wiz's aspect ratio and OLED screen will be excellent for gorgeous classic emulation. I'm looking foward to it! Hopefully they can fix that second Dpad, though :(

Peter R said:
Nova said:
jakshep2 said:

You're an idiot

Thats your opinion but I really don't see how how that insult is warranted though :blink:

I think this board can have people being far to hostile when it's not really warranted.

You really don't think he's a fool for telling everyone to circumvent the Wiz in favour of the Pandora, besides them both being completely different machines? This isn't the first time either. He IS an idiot.

I think the Poll here has served it's purpose, and the discussion has long since ceased to be civil (let alone helpful). Locked before it gets any worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back