What's happening today

Gee, what with lawsuits run rampant these days, I hope none of the other employees walk in while you are flashing the Pandoras:p

Then again, you might be able to use the pain medication in your defense.

Thank you, sir, for that lovely mental image. Now I'll have to go scrub my brain with Brillo again.

Most of our extra capacity is going to be taken up by me answering never ending questions about production, so I think soon we're going to stop talking about it.

I just love how almost EVERY sentence from whoever from the OpenPandora team gets completely ripped apart, analyzed, debunked, restructured, quoted a bazillion times, and whatnot. One sentence from Craig or EvilDragon is transfered into a whole book with a thick layer of "Professor Nonsense" talk. And nowadays even the mainstream Internet media is going completely berserk in the very same manner.

Ugh!

It's enough to make me sick. I'd dearly love to fast forward to the day when everyone has their Pandora and we can get on with our lives.

So this means, you would build 500 Batch 1 Pandorae and 100 Premium Pandorae, and one week later anoter 500 Batch 1 Pandorae and 100 Premium Pandorae?

We don't know if we will take more than 100 Premium orders at all. It depends how it goes and if the 100 gives us enough money to get this project in to top gear.
No more out of Batch 1 I hope. Squeeze them out of RMA stock and back fill that later in Batch 2 as you must. I just wish you could have come up with a better business solution than gazumping Batch 1ers. Anyway all this has been said before no doubt.

Luckyfully, Craigix cant do anything whit my Ordernumber, because its a ON from EvilDragon..

BTW: Whats happening today?
Matzesu, I love you. If only for Luckyfully. This is my favourite word for the day. :p

Oopps. Wasn't all the talk at about building 500 units a week?

Now I read this Twitter:

300 new boards on their way from CC, we're building another 200 this week. Oh, and MAJOR iCP news later this week (finally).

It can be understood in a way that it says: We are building 200 units this week. Which would be way below 500.

OTOH it could say: 300+200 (=500). I am confused.

Benji_Stein, please investigate :)

Well... it could also be understood to mean "300 more boards are coming in so we will be able to build an extra 200 units this week."

See, if one assumes the 500 to already have been built that would bring the total to 700.

That's the trouble with taking statements made in different contexts and trying to put them together. in order to build a common context one has to make an assumption, which means any conclusions reached by this method are suspect at best.

Edit: grammar check
Guys, both of these guesses are wrong. They built 200 on Friday and Saturday, and there are another 200 coming this Tuesday and Wednesday. The 300 boards from CC cannot be related to the 200 being built on Tuesday and Wednesday, because Craig has also stated that they take 3 days in transit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oopps. Wasn't all the talk at about building 500 units a week?

Now I read this Twitter:

300 new boards on their way from CC, we're building another 200 this week. Oh, and MAJOR iCP news later this week (finally).

It can be understood in a way that it says: We are building 200 units this week. Which would be way below 500.

OTOH it could say: 300+200 (=500). I am confused.

Benji_Stein, please investigate :)

Well... it could also be understood to mean "300 more boards are coming in so we will be able to build an extra 200 units this week."

See, if one assumes the 500 to already have been built that would bring the total to 700.

That's the trouble with taking statements made in different contexts and trying to put them together. in order to build a common context one has to make an assumption, which means any conclusions reached by this method are suspect at best.

Edit: grammar check
Guys, both of these guesses are wrong. They built 200 on Friday and Saturday, and there are another 200 coming this Tuesday and Wednesday. The 300 boards from CC cannot be related to the 200 being built on Tuesday and Wednesday, because Craig has also stated that they take 3 days in transit.

This. That's three four different interpretations of essentially the same numbers.

It's really not so hard to be more precise. Because "starting to build" could be anything from the board population, to sticking hinges on cases to going all the way through to shipping. But it's never clear, and this leads to lots of uncertainty and number guesses being thrown around.

Twitter's really not the place for details like this - or at least, if Craig really wants to, he should post more specifically elsewhere, as well. But he seems loath to do so.

@Linopoly - those 300 boards shipped on Friday should have arrived on Monday, according to that 3-day transit link you posted, so they can absolutely be part of those 200 to be built on Tuesday/Wednesday (not quite the 150/day he thought, or even 2x 70, but fine) - note that your link was 200 being built, not 200 boards shipping.

If we were to answer all his filibustering questions, the answer, maybe ironically, would be 'we didn't have time because we were busy answering your drivel.'

I see that he's banned now--- does that mean you assumed the mod position, Craig?

If so, everyone's order numbers must now be at your fingertips...

I, for one, welcome our new Craigix overlord.

(But please, for our sake, remember how you feel about "outrageous invasions of privacy...." :p )

I did after being pointed to one of his posts at the other place.

He is either so clueless about how business works to be bordering on the absurd, or he is a troll.

Vote now!

There have been a few people like him, spaceballs3000 immediately springs to mind. I really don't understand their point of view.

I mean, this is the most unique project that I have ever heard of, where else can you go and chat openly to the guys producing your goods? Unfortunately that isn't always a good thing as we know; a great deal of people are arseholes, and they will squirt around trying to discredit anything you say to get a little plip of endorphins into the base of their skull.

The thing that gets me is that right now things are better than they have ever been for this project, and Craig is back and, more importantly, he is in a very good mood. Now when the team are in a good mood and everything is coming up roses, why would anyone want to start shooting them down in flames? Surely it's best to have a happy team making our Pandoras and ICPs for us.

The thing that gets me is that right now things are better than they have ever been for this project, and Craig is back and, more importantly, he is in a very good mood. Now when the team are in a good mood and everything is coming up roses, why would anyone want to start shooting them down in flames? Surely it's best to have a happy team making our Pandoras and ICPs for us.

OPT in a good mood must equal happy pandy babies, which hopefully make happy pandy owners :D

OPT in a good mood must equal happy pandy babies, which hopefully make happy pandy owners :D

The OPT team are busy making happy panda babies

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

This thread is full of mental image goodness :lol:

I've read through most of Tuesday's posts this morning (I was busy yesterday, due to my final university term) and behalf of OP's supporters, I would like to express my deepest gratitude for banning Benji Stein (go back to Central Park, does anyone catch my reference?)

Here is my take on recent events:

CC can produce anywhere from 200-500 boards per week, more can (and most likely will) be produced as the Premium orders roll in. 70-100 actual Pandora's are assembled each day, depending on how many parts are in stock. At this point, other issues have been rectified, except for the raised hinge (which doesn't really matter (Cue "Bohemian Rhapsody"). Yes, I've had my fair share of skepticism, as has many here, but at least I bother to read the posts here. So this gives us an estimate of 250 Pandora's shipped each week.

4000 in Batch 1

+ 3000 in Batch 2 (Well, this is MY estimate, please correct me if I am wrong)

= 7000 Total

- 1800 produced as of yesterday (Status Page)

= 5200 remaining

/ 250 boards produced per week (This is a conservative number)

= 20.8 weeks remaining to finish current orders

These calculations are NOT based on any of the proposed speed increases, due to recent "Instant Pandora's."

Craig mentioned that he has hired a couple of extra workers (3?) and is working with CC to fast-track circuit board production.

I do have one question: Will CNY affect Pandora Shipments? It lasts 2 weeks, but most of the parts are already in the UK, so I would say no. I have followed the project since its inception in 2008, but finally saved up enough funds to purchase one at the end of September 2010. I surely hope that those who are Batch 1 purchasers are sticking with this project. Yes, I may be lurking amongst the light of Batch 2, but I DO care about everyone who has waited this long. Yeah, some of you may be thinking that premium orders may ninja your place in this godforsaken queue that people complain about. The way I see it, premium Pandora's will only help us in the long run. Those who can't wait, can crawl back into the hole from which they were summoned (unfortunately), and purchase a Wiz or Caanoo; with their poor official support, low battery life, screen and control issues, and NO backwards compatibility (well, there is Ginge). If you want to run Windows "Doors", need a newfangled "Y-Phone", or are looking for a device similar to the proposed "Gamebox" (good luck with that, as Onlive is produced already); then by all means, take the reins and gallop off into the distance, and have at it.

The Pandora is EXACTLY what I have envisioned since I was a kid (I'm almost 23, if forumites must know), except for the buttons in between the nubs, and I'm absolutely ecstatic that this device has come to fruition, despite frequent setbacks.

A clamshell design? Check.

Dual analog sticks AND a full keyboard? +2

It runs pretty much any classic game imaginable alongside entertainment and productivity applications? **** YEAH!

All of this AND a 10-hour battery life? I think I just soiled myself :)

I'm most looking forward to using the PDF Reader, AbiWord, Dia (it'll make project management exponentially simpler), SSH, The Battle for Wesnoth, Sonic Robo Blast 2, SimuTrains, Pandora Tombstone, OpenGlad, you name it, I'm there.

Angband will probably receive 1000+ hours of play, due to my 1200+ hours I've spent on Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure (GBC) on my GBA. I'm a classic gaming junkie, as I STILL haven't upgraded my Sega Genesis, PSX (the original one with the multiplayer jack), GBA, or Tiger Game Com (which I love, by the way).

That's all for now, may the Triforce be with you!

Clan Hyrule http://hylianclan.webs.com

4000 in Batch 1

+ 3000 in Batch 2 (Well, this is MY estimate, please correct me if I am wrong)

I have no idea how many orders Craig has, but for Batch 1, about 3200 - 3500 should be preordered (rest had been reserved for RMA or quite a few users have asked for a refund during that long 6-months stall) and, also because of that stall, there were not too many Batch 2 preorders, my guess is there are about 1500.

I do have one question: Will CNY affect Pandora Shipments? It lasts 2 weeks, but most of the parts are already in the UK, so I would say no.

No, no affect here. We have enough cases for at least this month and the only other thing coming from China will be the TV Out cables, so CNY delays them a bit (as we will order them after the CNY), but nothing else.

Back