Little Update

MiniSinisterMinister said:
He thinks that the developers have not finished the software for the Pandora yet and have no clue when it will be. So instead of saying, well, you know this isn't working yet, they just sell the delay in a more attractive way by using the pretext of having to wait for top quality screens
This is completely absurd. If the hardware were ready today, the Pandora would ship today. True, the software isn't 100% finished, but then again, it may never be 100% finished. We already have Gmenu and Ubuntu ported well enough to ship. Software updates can always come later. You only get one chance to ship the hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im am sorry, if I have suggested that they are lying eh.. I mean emphasising the positive facts. I had hoped to read something like "we have yet to do X and if Y arrives Z units will go into production."

MiniSinisterMinister said:
Im am sorry, if I have suggested that they are lying eh.. I mean emphasising the positive facts. I had hoped to read something like "we have yet to do X and if Y arrives Z units will go into production."
I think many of us are concerned that the project will hit some sort of technical wall, rather than worrying about the dev team "lying" or running a "scam". This is a first time project of this scale for the team with a high level of engineering complexity; the chances of everything coming together in the end isn't 100%. The chances of significant delays were always very close to 100%. Though some of us are trying to piece together what's going on with little data, we all hope for the very best.

That being said the financial bomb that hit has put the breaks on everything. It's not unrealistic that something of this magnitude would delay production by at least a month, as major players put tools down, stop cajoling distributors, put on a suit and head to the bank(s) to try to settle a huge mess..

I'd like to request (but not demand!) of craigix that the next update (1, 2, or 3 weeks from now, whenever the banking crisis has setled) contain some sort of engineering update. We'd all love to know how things are going and it would soothe some nerves in the "concerned" users camp.

Until then keep kicking ass and working hard for a successful product!

Cheers for the update.

Big Brother is good entertainment, some of them are fuckin weird..... It's like when your on a bus and you want to stare at people but you can't because it's rude. Big Brother allows you to stare.

Oh, and hypothetically, imagine the uproar if the pandoras started arriving at peoples houses tomorrow, and the devs just wanted to keep it a surprise. The boards would go nuts!!

It usually takes 3 years for american game developers to make a AAA game, so a AAA console wouldn't be half bad don't you think?

Thanks. Cutting corners would suck glad to know you have quality in mind. Sucks about the bank, best of luck finishing the project. the dedication of you and the rest of the developers will shine through this product. I hope it brings you all the oppertunities you deserve in life.

As a person in the states which is probably the very last preorder on the list, any update, including a small update like this one, is greatly appreciated! Thank you Craigix

Thanks for the update, it is appreciated even if there's not much that can be said. Good luck getting everything sorted out: I'm fairly sure it's safe to say that no-one envisaged the hassles that have been visited upon the team!

Always good to get an update, no matter how small, and glad to hear about waiting for the high quality screens...screens make or break devices like these. Well, not glad about the wait, but you know what I mean. :lol:

just wondering, all those that thank for the update (nice gesture), what news did you actually get from it?
some rough numbers would have made it interesting for me, but i don't see anything new in this update tbh...
i don't mind if there's nothing new, but i don't like to get updates that aren't updates at all -_-

Thanks for the update, Craig, and good luck to you and all of the team with the continuation of the project. :D

Racemaniac said:
just wondering, all those that thank for the update (nice gesture), what news did you actually get from it?
The info on the bank ("Essentially as you know there is a lot going on, we had to change banks when our old one just decided they didn't want us any more, we took too much money too fast and in the 'current climate' they didn't want this kind of account. Yes it is as bizarre as it sounds."), the info about what else has been sorted out for production ("At the same time production had to be organised, more software development, the case moulds, sourcing parts."), the thing about the LCDs ("We can get those LCDs from another supplier but they throw in 'used' or 'second grade' LCDs - we won't deal with them, we will only get them from the best source even if we have to wait a little longer."), and the word about Chip handling more of the forum stuff ("Chip is going to take over more of the day to day forum Q&A to give us more time on the project."), at the very least, are all worthwhile bits of news, from my perspective. :p

Aside from that, Craig gave the forums a thread dedicated to an update with the latest news. So much better than small tidbits in miscellaneous threads. This is what everyone's been asking for, which is why we're offering their thanks.

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to keep us up to date Craig. It's truly appreciated.

Another thankyou for the update - actually very useful to know what actually happened with the bank, etc.

Now just to sit tight and wait for refunds/reorders and such to get sorted out :)

Back