What's everyone working on these days?

Ok, my turn then. I have several projects in the works but I'm not too active recently (blame Steam on Linux!)

- BGS as announced previously to backup game saves. 

- A weather application

- Porting the latest version of Trojita so that we can have a decent IMAP client on Pandora

- Experimenting with webcam connected on Pandora and stream forwarding...

- tldr.io client

- youtube downloader update (not very high priority)

- and a bunch of other things... 

+ Pandoralive articles here and there

+ Pandora distribution in Japan

Quite busy...

- a DSPLink replacement (actually that kept me busy all week, besides my actual job, that is. Just a couple of minutes ago I finally got the messaging part stable (seems my HW is buggy, had to workaround that). Hopefully I'll release a first version of that this weekend! (EDIT: please see http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/14334-announce-c64-tools-dsp-loader-and-ipc/?p=274349)

- a port of my scriptengine + plugins (the scripengine itself was easy to port, just took half an hour. the SDL and OpenGL plugins will require a little bit more work since I'll have to adapt them to the Pandora SDL (and add support for P. specific keys, vsync, ..), and I have to write an OpenGL->OpenGL|ES wrapper (that should be rather straight forward, though. no need for libs). to be released: ~Oct/Nov

- a port of some games I wrote during the past 10 years. some have been released, some (the best ones?), have not (the unreleased ones are a 2D platformer and a Wipeout-style 3D racer. do not expect any fancy graphics, though :). to be released: ~Oct/Nov

- a port of my audio/midi sequencer. I've already adapted most of the UI to fit the WVGA resolution of the Pandora. to be released: ~x-mas.

Last edited by a moderator:
bsp: looking forward to hearing more about your audio/midi sequencer project - and thanks for the hard work on the DSP link replacement.. I'm definitely going to be checking that out when I get some free time.  The Pandora needs more synthesizers!

I have been working on a game for quite a while now. It is coming along, sloooowly, but it is.

Single-screen-action-adventure-arcade-game  :blink:  devised first for the caanoo and expected to run on all platforms but IOS.

Caanoo, pc, mac, android are well tested and I think I won´t much trouble with linux or pandora, save for the pandora´s resolution.

I pretty much think it should already work fine on pandora, I just have no hardware to test but I have a few friends that can lend a hand on that front.

Biggest trouble will be to fit the core 428x240 resolution to the pandora. I don´t want to strech pixels and I would really like to avoid black borders.

Here goes a more or less updated screenshot.

I have been trying to blog about it in a thread over GLB´s forum in hopes the info can become an article or the likes later when released.

Here is the link:

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=9354.0

Release date depends on free time, but it should happen this year...or I will jump off a bridge. :rolleyes:

FULL 14.png

That is really nice pixelart there :)
Thanks mcobit!

The hardcore pixel artists might not come to enjoy it much. Some of it was purely hand drawn, some had strong photographic references and some I just had to base on 3d. The later is what the pixel purists won´t like :D

The tree´s leafs and the monkey bike are good exemples of 3d based stuff. I had no other option as pixeling those could take ages. Color count is also messy. But this is more about getting the product finished then specializing on a single style.

It currently plays really well on the caanoo and I think it will also be that on the pandora, specially cause of the controls. I´m supporting pad and analog controls where the later is a better experience.

Will be great to see it running on pandora.

For me... (cough, cough)...I'm working on making sure I put in as much time as possible using awesome stuff you devs developed for the Pandy. ;)

Thank you :D

The castle could do with some shadows...
Fully agree Binky, specially on the lower right part of it...it is almost flying :eek:  . There is high possibility I add it manually on the last gfx pass.

I have tried to keep the photo direction consistent, which sometimes do not produce desirable results.

The castle and most of the background came from 3d render and was later pixalated on the likes of photoshop/gimp.

It has to be a bit bland with aereal perspective so it dosen´t interfere with the foreground action. It also fades to a dark and stormy sky whenever rain and thunder comes by.

Here is the comparative sun/dark versions (+ side marks that accommodate different resolutions (the smaller one for the caanoo)) and a bit of the 3d project that the background was based.

As soon as the game is done and pandora tests commence I will open a thread about it.

BKGs.jpg

BKGo.jpg

Biggest trouble will be to fit the core 428x240 resolution to the pandora. I don´t want to strech pixels and I would really like to avoid black borders.
Can you pixel-double to 856x480, then crop to 800x480?

Oh my! I thought the pandora used 800x600!? Now i see it is 800x480 :blink:

Yep that is exactly what I will do!! Nice! 

Tks kickass, best not derail the thread too much, I will make proper one when time comes.

But if you are curious about some aspects of it, check the link I posted up there.

I still can´t believe how in heck did I think the pandora had a 800x600 screen :eek: .

I have been following this project from a bit after its beginning, I should know better.

Background looks great, nice touch on the comet.

I didn´t understand the arrows, are they suppose to change the players gravity?

I'm still working on Legend of Pandora. (My Legend of Zelda inspired game with a few Open Pandora community references in there.)

LoP_troll.png

Sorry for the slow development but I've been experiencing a lot of burn out from work this year. C'est la vie.

So far:

- can move from one scene to the next. (not smoothly animated however)

- troll movement animated

- bat movement animated

- ed movement animated (with sword attack too)

- collision with world works

- collision with screen borders works

- many world tiles drawn (grass, sand, water, trees, rocks)

So, so much more work to do...

I might try to do a port or a small pong clone in the interum just to keep motivation high. I had no idea how complicated a simple Zelda clone could be to create from scratch.

:)

Back