Dec Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patience is a virtue

Yeah you could moan and moan about broken promises

Remember when the Pandora is finally made, delivered to Europe and shipped around the world

You will realize it was worth the wait

I know with the credit crunch money is tight for everyone and yes it is really tempting to ask for a refund and sit tight for newer batches being delivered more frequently.

But heck it wont be anywhere near as much fun, it's a bit like waiting for the GP2X-F100 all over again, but hopefully the joypads this time round will actually be usuable and you dont end up with endless firmware updates (a few regular ones are ok)

JUST CHILL, SIT BACK and RELAX

Squidge said:
White Demon said:
Craig wrote that update on the 2nd December, the next weekend after that date is the 6-7 December, so I expect he should have started building it by now.

I disagree. The 'next' weekend after 2nd December is the 13th December. If he said 'this weekend', then I would assume 6th.

Aye, 'last', 'this' and 'next' vary from region to region and from languague to languague.

Last edited by a moderator:
salasq said:
Squidge said:
White Demon said:
Craig wrote that update on the 2nd December, the next weekend after that date is the 6-7 December, so I expect he should have started building it by now.

I disagree. The 'next' weekend after 2nd December is the 13th December. If he said 'this weekend', then I would assume 6th.

Aye, 'last', 'this' and 'next' vary from region to region and from languague to languague.
Like "no" really means "yes" ;)

In my language 'next' (referred to a day or a period) means the first after the moment you're in.
So, when I read "next weekend", I understood the 6th/7th December... but I don't want to say that Craig was wrong meaning the 13rd/14th...

However I think we can resist 4 days... Be patient :)

giovanni said:
In my language 'next' (referred to a day or a period) means the first after the moment you're in.
So, when I read "next weekend", I understood the 6th/7th December... but I don't want to say that Craig was wrong meaning the 13t/14th...

However I think we can resist 4 days... Be patient :)
I've always said and understood that as being "this weekend" or "this coming weekend" which in that case was 6-7. "Next weekend" to me would be interpreted as the one after, in this case the 13-14, even though the word "next" would seemingly imply the nearest future one, and not the one after.

But I'm not a language expert. I do, however, like beer.

Craig should have quoted a date for which weekend he meant.

But of course quote exact dates has been a problem for Craig & Co in the poast, so.....

I disagree with the lot of you. 'Next' means the first weekend in January.

he said "next weekend"... if he meant "the weekend after next" then he shouldve fucking said so. he knew full well that most people would assume he meant the coming weekend and should have clarified what he meant with a date or at least a timeframe. instead he just dissapears again and we sit here talking shit until our next measly update arrives. seriously, i know this is a small project blah de fucking blah but it has been run absolutely terribly so far.

White Demon said:
Craig should have quoted a date for which weekend he meant.

But of course quote exact dates has been a problem for Craig & Co in the poast, so.....

I disagree with the lot of you. 'Next' means the first weekend in January.
I think that it's pretty hard to make forecasts on this kind of things...
I understand the pandora team in their confusion because with our impaience if they had quoted a date we probably would be too exacting...

I repeat, I really think that the next Blog post will have a video of the first Pandora (I'm thinking this because there is not the weekly update)... ;)

seriously though, what with all the things which have gone wrong that have been out of the teams control, you would think that simple shit like an update or at least a reason for failing to meet an update deadline would be pretty high on their list of priorities.
ive watched this forum grow more and more restless over the past few days, which words like "scam" being thrown around (whether in jest or not) and even one dude considering legal action for his money which is trapped in limbo somewhere... give it a few more weeks like this and that 85% of people who decided to re-order will have dropped 20% through people demanding refunds - and before you know it the project will fall flat on its face. i dont want this to happen, and it can easily be prevented, customers can easily be retained simply by providing information when you say you will, or coming and explaining why you currently cannot deliver the promise you made.

mechanizeddeath said:
But I'm not a language expert. I do, however, like beer.
At last, something sensible...

gibberish said:
instead he just dissapears again and we sit here talking shit
Speak for yourself. ;)

This is not exactly a change in proceedings, nor is it sympathetic to all the things craigix has on his plate right now.

gibberish said:
seriously though, what with all the things which have gone wrong that have been out of the teams control, you would think that simple shit like an update or at least a reason for failing to meet an update deadline would be pretty high on their list of priorities.
ive watched this forum grow more and more restless over the past few days, which words like "scam" being thrown around (whether in jest or not) and even one dude considering legal action for his money which is trapped in limbo somewhere... give it a few more weeks like this and that 85% of people who decided to re-order will have dropped 20% through people demanding refunds.

Who will live, will see (pretty pathetic translation of an italian proverb :p )...

gibberish said:
ive watched this forum grow more and more restless over the past few days, which words like "scam" being thrown around (whether in jest or not) and even one dude considering legal action for his money which is trapped in limbo somewhere... give it a few more weeks like this and that 85% of people who decided to re-order will have dropped 20% through people demanding refunds - and before you know it the project will fall flat on its face. i dont want this to happen, and it can easily be prevented, customers can easily be retained simply by providing information when you say you will, or coming and explaining why you currently cannot deliver the promise you made.
Don't worry, Craig has previously stated that even if every single person suddenly pulled out and asked for a refund, the Pandoras would still get made, as they had the funding for 3000 covered before they started taking pre-orders.

As for those who do pull out, I'm pretty sure they'll be snapped up quickly by others when the refunded Ps are put back up for ordering.

Nice to see that this thread turned out to be another (and not the last) "fight to the death arena"!

But hey, look what i have found!!

Off topic discussion
Have something interesting to say that's not strictly GP32 / GP2X related? Use this forum as your very own personal soap box and tell us all about it.

amazing, they have an area to this kind of stuff.. you guys should really check it out ;)

"December update" <> "Whining thread"

sorry for the off topic :rolleyes:

gibberish said:
he said "next weekend"... if he meant "the weekend after next" then he shouldve said so. he knew full well that most people would assume he meant the coming weekend and should have clarified what he meant
I know the start of the week changes from country to country and so for some Sunday is the start of the week, whilst for others it's Monday, but regardless, like all dates, it should only be taken as an estimation. If anything goes wrong, dates can and do change.

gibberish said:
he said "next weekend"... if he meant "the weekend after next" then he shouldve fucking said so. he knew full well that most people would assume he meant the coming weekend and should have clarified what he meant with a date or at least a timeframe. instead he just dissapears again and we sit here talking shit until our next measly update arrives. seriously, i know this is a small project blah de fucking blah but it has been run absolutely terribly so far.
You nuke your own argument by using 'coming weekend' where, according to your own words, 'next weekend' should be used.

Over here, 'next weekend' always means the weekend of next week. 'This weekend' however, is weekend of current week. Possibly harder to comprehend for those who start their weeks on Sunday, so weekend is actually present in both the beginning and the end of any given week.

He said "next weekend" and we thought that would be "this weekend". There isn't an agreement that says when you should say "next weekend" or "this weekend". Google for it, fun to read discussions on "next weekend" versus "this weekend" topics, blogs, ... .
Anyway, craig said "next weekend" before "last weekend" and maybe we misunderstood it as "this weekend" or maybe he even meant "this weekend" cause it was said in the beginning of a week and according to some in the beginning of a week "this weekend" and "next weekend" are the same weekend, but as he said it before "last weekend" I'm sure we'll get some news "this weekend", which in fact was "next weekend" last week (according to some)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back