What Is Your Worst Fear About The Pandora ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice.

It's like having to do crytic crosswords round here.

Lets hope there are no bugs in the new SoC. New worst fear.

fahrstuhl said:
Plus, do you think we would do something like move banks without giving you guys some kind of reward for the fuss? Maybe 2 rewards? Like... oh... I dunno... something not available 5 months ago? using even more bleeding edge tech... tech which has just become available in the last 6 weeks? Maybe Baby.
WOO! xDD 256MB RAM!

You Sir earn my honest respect! Good find!
:)

Now I'll go back to work. I hope, I will manage to wipe that permanent grin off my face :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? REALLY?!? More RAM? ... (somehow I have my doubts, but I remain hopeful) ... Damn Pandora! Damn her and her spreading hope all over the damn place... damn the hope! DAMN it to hell!

Not that I don't appreciate the inclusion of more RAM (or whatever goodie might be cryptically included in that post), but -- and forgive me for being overly cynical here -- this is beginning to sound like having our cake and eating it. First you mention dwindling profit margins and next you're including yet again something for -- apparently -- no extra cost.

I'm now at the point where every such announcement first makes me go "Jay!", quickly followed by a dark, paranoic suspicion of tomfooleries going on.

OMFG!! Why did you do this???? now we have to start the whole "What do you think is possible on the Pandora?" again..... ;) :p

Serious: Amazingly great news!!!!

Karel Jansens said:
Not that I don't appreciate the inclusion of more RAM (or whatever goodie might be cryptically included in that post), but -- and forgive me for being overly cynical here -- this is beginning to sound like having our cake and eating it. First you mention dwindling profit margins and next you're including yet again something for -- apparently -- no extra cost.

I'm now at the point where every such announcement first makes me go "Jay!", quickly followed by a dark, paranoic suspicion of tomfooleries going on.
You remind me of a good friend of mine :D

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This is not confirmed in any meaningful way.
:)

hey

So are you changing banks?

What is the fuss to us that you mention? is it a delay? or would we have to redo orders?

Hmm, from what ya have said I assume this (2...5...6... M... B...) would only take place if ya do change banks.

My main concern is having to redo/repay via credit card, cause the australian dollar has fallen significantly, I think they pandora would cost somewhere around an extra AU$40 from the last time. edit: Hmm, although it's probably worth it for the extra RAM, but I dunno.

edit
I just looked into it, it would cost more like an extra AU$35. I remember originally I worked it out to be somewhere around AU$400, then the australian dollar went down and I ended up paying around AU$445, and if I had todo it again it would be around AU$481, unless the australian dollar suddenly increased, hehe. But yea, I was glad to order it before the australian dollar slipped any further.

another
In any case, if they are stuffing you around so much or whatever then I would gladly pay the extra for ya to change banks :), assuming that if I were to repay I would have to pay at the current australian dollar.

cyas

yosh64 said:
hey

So are you changing banks?

What is the fuss to us that you mention? is it a delay? or would we have to redo orders?

Hmm, from what ya have said I assume this (2...5...6) would only take place if ya do change banks.

My main concern is having to redo/repay via credit card, cause the australian dollar has fallen significantly, I think they pandora would cost somewhere around an extra AU$40 from the last time. edit: Hmm, although it's probably worth it for the extra RAM, but I dunno.

cyas
look for some answers in http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45019

mali said:
Karel Jansens said:
You remind me of a good friend of mine :D

heh... You and me both. He reads these forums from time to time, so I can't wait until he reads this thread.

Regarding the news... Roll with the punches, I say. :D

Gruso said:
Oh I get it. Pandora now comes with a Bag of Hurt.
No, no.. It's Psystar that delivers the Bag of Hurt.

fahrstuhl said:
It's Flux Capacitor powered!
Time to call some Libyans.

Seriously, though, I'm kinda skeptical about the addition of the 256MB OMAP for no extra cost. The only explanation I've been able to come up with that makes any kind of sense is that the plan is for batch 2 to include the 256 at a cost to compensate for its inclusion, and they don't want to short-change the early adopters.

In any event, best of luck to Craig and the crew getting their bank situation sorted.

256MB? i'll happily wait another month for that. or two for that matter. err, or more to the point

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

_Sterling said:
Seriously, though, I'm kinda skeptical about the addition of the 256MB OMAP for no extra cost. The only explanation I've been able to come up with that makes any kind of sense is that the plan is for batch 2 to include the 256 at a cost to compensate for its inclusion, and they don't want to short-change the early adopters.
Wouldn't that be a nice reward for the community support through pre-ordering? :)
The money will come with the second, third, whatever batch. 256MB will make sure that P. can hold the competition long enough :) It's a very wise decision IMO.

The bank thing is not a big deal to me as long as I still get my order. That does stink that some people will possibly have to pay more due to exchange rates. I'm not too concerned about it, especially if the memory is increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back