What is your favorite horror movie?

VirtuaLeech

Simple question.

What is/are your favorite horror/splatter movie(s)

Mine are:

Evil Dead (I+II)
Nightmare on Elm street
Bad Taste

"The Reanimator" - stupid trash B-Horror-Movie
"Night of the Living Dead" - even more stupid
"Zombie I" - the classic
"Braindead" - the raw diamond
"The Shining" - the three masters' masterpiece (king/kubrik/nicholson)

Evil Dead series (Although Army of Darkness is more comedy)
Day of the dead, Dawn of the dead, night of the living dead
Zombie flesh eaters
Bad taste and Braindead (Still holds the most gallons of blood probally) :eek:)
IT (Scared me shiteless when I was 6)
Children of the corn
Willies (Anyone at all know where to get The willies on DVD or VHS, its the short stories like tales from the crypt)
Dr. Giggles

Jeez I better stop, I have work to do :eek:)

Dean

Army of Darkness
Tales from the Crypt DemonKnight
Night of the living Dead, 1993 version
FearDot.com (just kidding, such a crappy movie , i had to throw it in) :p

The Blair Witch Project scared me so much to the point I couldn't close my eyes without having flashback type visions, like I was really there or something.

I also like Lost Boys. But that's more of a comedy to me.

IT scared me a lot also when I was younger, I was too young to comprehend it otherwise and now I'm too old to know what the hell is going on in the movie.

Child's Play scared me when I was younger because I used to have a 'My Little Buddy' doll and they looked just like Chucky. I don't I ever played with it again after having sat through that movie with my older sister and brother.

Guess what you class as horror ?

For sheer make you think horror it has to be

Texas chainsaw massacre (original version)
Nightmare on Elm Street 1 only
Hell raiser

If you like splatter then
Cannibal Ferox full us DVDrelease
Ichi the killer Jap dvd
Dawn of the dead hopefully the restored print in 2004 should offer all three versions rather than having to buy them seperately at present.
Any fulci or deodato, argento film !!
Men behind the sun (australian release)

If your talking just plain sick stuff the
Nekromantik *German release"
Last house on Left (Dutch DVD is the only fully uncut but no extras i'm afraid)
I spit on your grave AKA day of the woman.
Guinea pig (JAP release)

Voila..

Evil Dead 1+2 and Army of Darkness of course but it is rather a comedy horror.
Another just so f*** great comedy splat horror is <A href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339840/>Undead</a> and a little older movie BrainDead. Thinking about more serious horror movies The Ring comes to my mind (even remake of this movie was quite scary).
I also like all those bloody cheap horrors from Troma Entertainment (to many to list them all).

Sorry Hando, but I'd have to disagree with your statement that The Ring was a good horror movie. Althought it did have some good imagery, there were just too many parts of it that didn't make sense.

If you want examples: "What? You helped her? Don't you understand, SHE DOESN'T SLEEP!" I'm sorry, but whenever I hear someone talking about The Ring from then on I always yell that out. I crack myself and some of friends up with that one. That part made little to no sense.

And another: "What happens to the people who watch these copies?" Well, how about you BURN THEM?!? I mean, there was nothing in the movie that said anything bad would happen to you if you burned the copies you just made. Or threw them away or crushed them or whatever means necessary to dispose of them, there were no mentionings of any reprecussions from such methods of disposal.

P.S. Hando, how can you not remember how your own message boards work?

I think you want this: Undead

Just helping you out, no disrespect.

I thought Ring was cool. Don't know if you saw the japanese or english version but the japanese version was badly translated, hence the stupid incoherent lines.

As for trying to find plot holes in a horror movie....I think every horror movie has enough plot holes to make cheese out of it. So only picking on Ring is not fair.

Then again, from the japanese so called "new horror" I think Battle Royal and Suicide Circle are better then Ring.

Battle royal is not a horror movie but you should check out dark water its by the same person as the ring and itll scare you shit less :unsure:

Just saw it last night! My wife just couldn't bare to watch the last 15 minutes. And to think just the other week we had a leak in the kitchen ceiling and we didn't know where it came from.......Maybe I should check for reports on missing kids in the neighbourhood ;)

Going to watch Kairo tonight, anyone seen it?

And another: "What happens to the people who watch these copies?" Well, how about you BURN THEM?!? I mean, there was nothing in the movie that said anything bad would happen to you if you burned the copies you just made. Or threw them away or crushed them or whatever means necessary to dispose of them, there were no mentionings of any reprecussions from such methods of disposal.
It's been a while since I have seen it (the japanese version) but from what I remember the only way to stay alive is to let someone else watch it. You pass it on like some sort of a virus (just as in the original book). So by burning your copy you are actually killing yourself. Don't know if they made this clear in the US remake because I haven't seen it.

Back