Upgrade to IPB4

I don't like the Apple-like redesign of the avatars. Why do they need to be round? It's just lost information and even more painfully white background for me.A white on black theme would still be awesome.
Right, I wanted to change the avatar setting back to rectangle, forgot about that.

I keep pressing Double Enter and nothing happens? Am I doing it correctly?
Where are you pressing it?

Your cursor should be within the quotes where you want to split them.

FWIW, it still looks like if you quote something, then delete your newline at the end, it's impossible to get it back and write anything new that's not quoted.  That was an issue on the old version as well, which was why I occasionally used the BBCode view to fix up posts like that.

I guess I just need to remember to write at least a word of reply before refactoring the quote.

Also, I can't preview posts any more.  Perhaps that's less of an issue now they editor is more WYSIWYG though.

Your vid in your sig is maximized by default?

the new software seems to behave differently in that regard, removed the video from my signature.

Changing the size of the browser window switches the layout from full(desktop) to "mobile" version when it's to small.... I want the full version on my PC all the time, anyway to do that?

Changing the size of the browser window switches the layout from full(desktop) to "mobile" version when it's to small.... I want the full version on my PC all the time, anyway to do that?
I'll check whether there are settings for that.

The mobile theme works great on my phone though, a lot better than before :)

Probably should work well on the Pandora as well.

I'm not sure, but I think I shrunk my window and now it's stuck.  ED's right though, mobile view is a lot more functional than it was, but I've lost the sidebar in my new content view which makes me think it's switched layouts.

Hmm, seems odd.  In shrunken down definitely mobile view I have a 'filters' button which lets me access the sidebar, but if I expand the window that disappears but the sidebar stays hidden.  If I go back later the sidebar reappears.  It roughly seems to be working, but the transitions seem a little odd, I guess.

My unhappy adventures with openpadora.org:

1) Opera 12 asked me if to login with a POST or a GET ?! o_O never seen such a request before

2) Opera 12 have issues with reply box, I'm not able to write...

3) I have webfonts disabled in Opera, so many things on the site are displayed as empty squares

4) Firefox did not display the images of the upper right menu buttons in www.openpandora.org

5) Firefox did not exit automatically from the login page, I had to remove /login/ from the URL manually

The aspect seems nice with round avatars and all, but...PLEASE don't kill Opera 12, PLEASE !!

I am here now on my computer.  I usually use Opera but logged in with FF since that is what I had up.  Everyone, even Opera themselves, seem to want to kill our favorite browser.  I read something, after getting a notification that I should update Opera, that rather than update it (in case anyone didn't know, Opera 12 was still the most recent Linux version of Opera until recently) they replaced it.  If they are going to abandon it why should I stick with it forever?  It would be nice to have those issues fixed since Opera 12 is usually the browser I use.

I may look into this.

Wow, that's ... unexpected. I've been going nuts with the adblocker getting rid of all the unnecessary crap at the sides! And the top - why do we have to have announcements on every post we read? 

Other than that, it's fine.

D.

Is it supposed to be normal for that Site Rules, Announcements box to be at the top of every topic page now?  Can I hide that?

Is it supposed to be normal for that Site Rules, Announcements box to be at the top of every topic page now?  Can I hide that?

I think that this is great.

A few days ago I searched for the boards rules and just couldn't find them for a while. It's better like it is now.

I haven't had the time yet to do the little tweaks with where rules will appear and where not. As they were posted as an announcement (which is usually used for important things) they currently appear at the top almost everywhere.

That will be changed and only real announcements will appear there (which will be rare).

About the editor:

The editor is now completely HTML, so source editing can't be enabled (unless we want tons of security issues!)

However, as it's a standard CKEditor, usability can be improved A LOT. There are tons of plugins, also code plugins with line numbers and highlighters, etc.

I'll take a look at these and will implement what looks useful.

I think that this is great.

A few days ago I searched for the boards rules and just couldn't find them for a while. It's better like it is now.
Yeah, I ignore them (the rules and the link to them).  I was once told it is perfectly fine to bump a sales thread every 24 hours, so I think it is just there so that it is in writing, and if you start to get too stupid you can't claim you didn't know the rules, because now they are in your face on every page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back