New Boards - Help me out :)

Sadly nope :(

What exact issue do you have?

What's your error message?

Just reporting a few things found on the new boards:

- Non-square avatars can't be used any more.

That should be a simple CSS / Template fix :)

- Avatar pictures can't be zoomed in the avatar editor, only cropped to a square of the expected resolution.

Does IPB feature that? I never did something like that :D

- There's no refreshable page to show new posts.  There's a bookmark, but it generates a new URL every time, so if you refresh it it just shows you the old data.

Hm, that's a bit annoying. I will add that as suggestion.

- There's no way to preview posts (edited: for non-JS users.  JS-enabled users can find it under 'more options'

Probably not easy to solve without JS.

Yes, the IPB avatar editor is relatively extensive, and allow you to crop any area to use.

I'm not sure how easy it will be to fix using templates, as the avatar uploader seems to want to crop everything into a box.

A preview function should be relatively easy to do not using JS - many forums before JS existed used to offer it.  In fact, it's more useful to non JS users, as all they get to look at is the BBCode, and a rendered view of that would be useful.  I'm just not sure how easy it'd be to add to the existing Zenforum code using templates and things though.  I'll have to check how it makes its preview URLs up

https://i.imgur.com/RjPAqzg.png 

is my problem

"Your news feed" sounds to me like the feed that my activities produces, rather than "newsfeed from friends" or whatever would be more clear.

You don't need two-stage auth, but its a security feature. Makes losing your password one step below where you need to be to lose login access to an adversary.

Just wanted to report that "All attachments should be there, but not properly inserted in the post yet" worked for me, without flash. Won't ever install that.

Just wanted to report that "All attachments should be there, but not properly inserted in the post yet" worked for me, without flash. Won't ever install that.

That was a reference to the importer.   Attachments in imported posts have been imported, but haven't been inserted into those posts. 

What you do in new messages in the new software is already native to the new software so there's no reason it shouldn't work. :)

Edit:  That said, it's good to know that it does. :)

-Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
I am crossing my fingers! :p

Well, group permissions have not been fixed yet, but it should be a quick manual fix.

Currently, the importer uses a config file from IPB to import the user groups... but moderators and special groups aren't in that IPB config file.

They're only in the database, and XenForo is currently not using that.

I reported that to the team already. Let's see what they want to do here.

IPB really is weird, they use different tables to store the same stuff.

3500 watched topics are saved in core_topic and 9500 watched topics in core_topics.

It's a mess!

Okay, importing finished.

Working fine now: Code Tags, importing attachments, importing videos in posts (though a newline is missing after the video, already reported).
Not working yet: Some Spoiler Tags, Moderator and custom group permissions

Please check that ignored users and watched threads are imported now. I never used that feature, but it should be added now.

If you check the site, you will see a lot of missing pictures in posts. These pictures are NOT improperly imported attachments, but those were direct links to previous attachments of IPB and those can't automatically be fixed. I can fix that myself by keeping those files within the directory itself, and I'll copy them there later.

We're getting there :)

The importer doesn't seem to respect the different ignore options of IP.Board. I have someone on the list whose signature I had had (have had?) set to ignore, then set to no longer ignore, i.e. the person is still on my ignore list, but not actually ignored in any way. The person has been imported onto the ignore list at the XenForo boards, which should not have been the case.

I have 288 followed threads here, but only 221 followed threads at the current XenForo boards (if I counted correctly).

Several settings seem to have been taken over incorrectly.

I also have "Followers" now, and for some reason I'm following Craigix, and I'm not sure where either of that is coming from. Here on the IP.Boards forum, I've always had friend adding set to consent mode, and while I have received friend requests, I have always refused them (because I don't think that that's how friendship works). I do allow others to "follow" me, but I do not have any followers. It should be noted that Craigix once force-added me to his friends roster here while he was an administrator.

I lolled at the award system :D

Anyway I like it, it's fast and clean.

Is there already a way (or a dirty trick) to see all the posts "liked" by me ? I found only the inverse option

EDIT: ok, found out some plugin with this functionality

The importer doesn't seem to respect the different ignore options of IP.Board. I have someone on the list whose signature I had had (have had?) set to ignore, then set to no longer ignore, i.e. the person is still on my ignore list, but not actually ignored in any way. The person has been imported onto the ignore list at the XenForo boards, which should not have been the case.

Hrm, that's a good point.   IPB lets you ignore posts, signatures, or both.   I've been using that feature to selectively ignore some sigs that I'd rather not see,  but that doesn't mean I want to ignore those peoples posts.  Xenforo doesn't seem to make that distinction, and puts them all on full ignore.  It seems to me that an addon can't be found to duplicate the ignore sigs function then ignores should only be imported if they have the "ignore posts" option enabled.

-Neelix

Back