New Boards - Help me out :)

Also ... the gamification of forum ... trophies?! urgh! Now I'm going to be trying to earn all those and "complete Pyra Forums" :)

ED I just noted the pagination on the new boards, could you switch the link text colour easily enough?

It remains #8f6c3f even on hover, which isn't very readable against the blue background hover colour of the pagination buttons

I must be special. Nope still no access.

Maybe it's something to do with warning points that I had from Craig back in the day?

Ok,  my ignore list on xenforo now matches the ignore posts list on the current site. 

The Ignore Signatures feature doesn't seem to be enabled so I can't tell if that list was imported or not.  (Can you even import data for a feature provided by an addon?)

The search feature on the new database seems to be completely broken - it seems to always return 0 results, no matter what I'm searching for.

I'm not sure what it's basing the last unread markers on but it doesn't seem to have any relation to whether or not I had read the post or not. (maybe it's time based - anything posted in the previous week is marked unread?)

I also encountered an issue with a missing attachment, which I posted about on the testing site.

Also my permissions still aren't being picked up correctly  - my post there is awaiting moderation.

-Neelix

I must be special. Nope still no access.

Maybe it's something to do with warning points that I had from Craig back in the day?

Nope, I already made a new testing import and didn't change the permissions afterwards.

Youi should now have access.

Ok,  my ignore list on xenforo now matches the ignore posts list on the current site. 

The Ignore Signatures feature doesn't seem to be enabled so I can't tell if that list was imported or not.  (Can you even import data for a feature provided by an addon?)

Yes, the signatures ignore is now simply ignored as that feature doesn't exist.

The search feature on the new database seems to be completely broken - it seems to always return 0 results, no matter what I'm searching for.

You probably tried it after a fresh import before the search index was recreated.

I'm not sure what it's basing the last unread markers on but it doesn't seem to have any relation to whether or not I had read the post or not. (maybe it's time based - anything posted in the previous week is marked unread?)

It works for me, but keep in mind that I made two new imports today which always resets everything to the status of yesterday evening :)

I also encountered an issue with a missing attachment, which I posted about on the testing site.

Also my permissions still aren't being picked up correctly  - my post there is awaiting moderation.

I know what I need to change there (I did that after the first import and it worked), I just didn't want to redo it after every test import.

It seems the latest one (which I just finished) has worked pretty fine, so I'll fix permissions tonight, install some addons, clean up some more stuff and make notes of everything.

Once everything is setup and working fine, we will do the real migration :)

FWIW, I've made a post on the new boards so that people can see if it shows up in the new/recent posts view.

Please note that if you have the boards recent posts view open in a tab already, then don't hit refresh to refresh it - that doesn't work.  You can click on 'new posts' either in the tab directly above the list of posts, or the one in the blue bar, and that should work.

Yes, the signatures ignore is now simply ignored as that feature doesn't exist.

Fair enough.  The feature does exist as an addon.  https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ignore-signatures.1916/ 

It doesn't list compatibility with xenForo 1.5, but I'm hoping that's just because the compatibility list hasn't been updated.

It works for me, but keep in mind that I made two new imports today which always resets everything to the status of yesterday evening :)

I did keep that in mind,  but it is still marking as unread messages which I have already responded to in the imported data.

Search cache rebuilt, search should work now.

Yes, it's working now.  :)

-Neelix

Hrm...   I attempted to check/edit my personal details and got this message:

Pyra and Pandora Official Site - Error

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

-Neelix

As mentioned, your permissions have not been fixed, so you mightrun into all kinds of weirdness :)

There seems to be quite a bit of spam going on. Mainly in the profile section.

Since that is broadcast on the landing page it looks a bit unprofessional.

Don't know if those came from here or registered anew. However it would help a lot with SEO and pagerank to delete all accounts that have 0 posts, since its the same here, only less noticeable.

And then figure out how to keep the bots from coming in.

The spam in the profile section came from here, it was migrated.

I will disable that block anyways later, but XenForo also has a SpamCleaner Tool which can do exactly such things (though I have not run them after the last import.

Removing users with 0 posts is not a good idea, as quite a few register to follow and download attachments without ever posting.

But removing users with 0 posts who have not logged in for a year or so is a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back