Update regarding the cases (and some other things)

@EvilDragon You are responsible for that website! If you don't delete that, i will report it to police! Your moderators just offend me by direct message!

1SurwbDKLanoBwAGqgJdNkymN8ejchmr99QOBuvG2gU

Guy was clearly trolling for a long time.. had some fair points but his style of questioning was never meant to raise concerns but just meant to irritate ED and/or community. I guess he succeeded in both.

Guy was clearly trolling for a long time.. had some fair points but his style of questioning was never meant to raise concerns but just meant to irritate ED and/or community. I guess he succeeded in both.
yep he did, i really have a lot i want to say to that guy, but i would get kicked off this site i think, and me want my pyra:D

I think that suggesting he delete his account is fairly in bad taste of the image of this community. Despite the fact we all think his opinions are bad/wrong.

Well, I am not actually representing the community, just expressing my opinion ;).

On the bright side - we're 7 pages into comments on a news post about cases that is only 3 days old. A very involved community.

OK, so the topic has shifted a few times...

Looks like I don't have to visit Greece after all.
Some pictures from today my contact made.
Most of the parts are still lying in water (to cool off), so he couldn't take pictures.

But here are some of the parts that are already out of the water, including the machines at work.
Beware of crappy smartphone quality :)

IMG_20170508_154609.jpg IMG_20170508_154617.jpg IMG_20170508_154622.jpg IMG_20170508_154629.jpg IMG_20170508_154634.jpg IMG_20170508_154638.jpg IMG_20170508_154643.jpg IMG_20170508_154648.jpg

They're also trying out a different material tomorrow.

Out of interest, What's the goal of this other material test? What are they changing?

Probably to achieve different looks, etc.
I don't know myself, they haven't told me :)

I want matted cases, not glared once. However, looking at pictures of the matte GPD Win which have been made with smartphones, it also looks very glarey, so I guess this is just an effect there.

I'll make proper pictures once I receive them,

Wow nice, I can breath again :D.

Hope we can get some more parts photos soon.

Nice, thank you for the pictures!

I’m curious though, I highlighted some areas where the plastic seems to have a recess. Is the case supposed to be flat at those places or is it the expected relief? Or is it light that, for some reason, makes those weird-looking reflections?

Attachments

• strange-looking-recess.jpg
    strange-looking-recess.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 371
Back