UG802 - Android 4.0 Dual Core Stick PC (MK802 killer)

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Just been reading about the UG802 - a new Android 4.0 Stick PC which has a 1.2 Ghz dual core processor.

http://liliputing.co...o-overview.html

Looks like you can get it for $70 delivered from here:

http://www.in4dealz....-TV-Box-600195/

Since the only differentiating thing the Cotton Candy had over the MK802 was a dual core processor. Now that this UG802 is out for $70 delivered, I think that we can safely say the Cotton Candy will never see the light of day. If there forum is any indication - you can bet on it ie no feedback from the company in several months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we just have to invade the cotton candy forum and use it as our ... personal play toy ...

Mwhahahaha Mwhahahaha Mwhahahaha

But in all seriousness I almost think it was trying to ride in the wake of the Raspberry Pi .

I think it's really riding in the wake of the MK802 which they have more or less copied and beefed up the specs. The MK802 is only single core whereas this has a more powerfull dual core processor. They even named it almost the same ie UG802 as opposed to the MK802. You would think they could have at least come up with there own unique name.

I think it's really riding in the wake of the MK802 which they have more or less copied and beefed up the specs. The MK802 is only single core whereas this has a more powerfull dual core processor. They even named it almost the same ie UG802 as opposed to the MK802. You would think they could have at least come up with there own unique name.

Yeah your right I just feel like trolling and where better to vent the cotton candy forums ?

Just ordered it will do for my nexus 7 not having tv out seen the vids and it looks good enough for a home android station

Just ordered it will do for my nexus 7 not having tv out seen the vids and it looks good enough for a home android station

Let us know what it is like when you get it, Id be interested to hear how it performs , build quality etc

Does someone know if these android sticks work together with a standard PC wireless keyboard/touch-pad combo like this Logitech one?

Or do you need a special "Android" keyboard/mouse?

Robert

Nice, ordered one from in4dealz.. keep us posted if you find anything about putting Linux on it.

^ Will do. I'd guess it's a matter of time before someone gets Linux on it. It was a matter of only a few months at best before several flavours of Linux where put on the MK802 so I pressume the same will happen with this. It all depends on whether it gets taken up and a community builds for it. Ive noticed the MK802 has a bit of a community built up now , which is good.

Also, If anyone from Australia is planning on buying one of these UG802's from the link in my first post, I emailed them regarding getting an Aussie adapter instead of the US one that comes standard. They told me they do have them and if you let them know after you make an order, they will make sure your order comes through with the correct adapter.

I assume it will be the same for other countries with different adapter's - best email them first for these. There email is: service@in4dealz.com

Also, just noticed the other day that you can get 3G onto the UG802 as the video below shows. Also, if you do a search on Youtube for UG802 , there are a few demos of it doing different things like running XBMC, GTA 3 and also hooked up to a wireless keyboard etc etc

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HJUb9QNGpcM?feature=oembed

Does someone know if these android sticks work together with a standard PC wireless keyboard/touch-pad combo like this Logitech one?

Robert
The UG802 has USB so maybe, I have a wireless Logitech keyboard and it doesn't require any special drivers to work (in Windows). Of course it would be easier to just get any standard bluetooth keyboard/mouse as those would for sure work.

Robert
The UG802 has USB so maybe, I have a wireless Logitech keyboard and it doesn't require any special drivers to work (in Windows). Of course it would be easier to just get any standard bluetooth keyboard/mouse as those would for sure work.

Thanks. I think I just have to try it then. The UG802 does not seem to have bluetooth so for a bluetooth mouse/keyboard you will need an adational adapter.

Robert

Thanks. I think I just have to try it then. The UG802 does not seem to have bluetooth so for a bluetooth mouse/keyboard you will need an adational adapter.
Oh it doesn't? I would have figured it would have BT if it had WiFi, what a weird thing not to include on one of these devices.

So would the iCP2 work with this guy? Would you need the BT dongle included in the "Raspberry PI" donation level?

So would the iCP2 work with this guy? Would you need the BT dongle included in the "Raspberry PI" donation level?

Thats a very good question, UG802 with a bluetooth dongle might just work with the ICP 2

Back