MK802 - 1.5Ghz Android 4.0/Linux Computer on a stick for $80 delivered

My main issue with all items like these & the open source consoles (Pandora excluded) is that they aren't around long enough to build up a decent software library before a new upgraded device is brought out rendering the older unit redundant.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Actually Ive noticed the MK802 is getting quite a big following with 3 versions of linux now ported etc. They are deliberately keeping the MK802 II with the same processor so as to keep the software library rolling on so to speak.

Just found out about this device, and it does sound awesome and cheap.

I wondered how it would perform as a HTPC connected to a NAS.

But since it only has Wireless 802.11b/g, I suppose it would be too slow network wise for 1080p videos... right?

But since it only has Wireless 802.11b/g, I suppose it would be too slow network wise for 1080p videos... right?

USB Ethernet could be a viable option for 1080P over the network but I've no idea if that works with Android.

Right, that is a good solution, even though it becomes considerably bigger with that sticking out of it. ;)

But how does it perform with videos...

My current HTPC cannot play 10-bit encoded videos, can this one handle that?

It's exactly only @912 MHz max and 60 MHz idle. I set the govenor to 'performance'. That locks @ 912.

Things like YT running fine, others not tested from me. On new firmware, people reports that there are sound problems on some videoformats now. Don't know if it's only related to the stock video player.

I saw some config files that shows a max. of 1500 MHz, but I belive it needs some kernel tweaks for possible overclocking.

Got one yesterday which I bought over eBay. So far I have a lot of fun to play Humble Bundle games on a big screen :)

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk 2

The problem with devices like this is is it future proof they already misinformed and misled people about the clockspeed and single core just wont cut it in 6 months time.

Thought id check on the MK802 and found something amazing. The 4GB + 1GB Memory MK802's are now selling brand new on ebay for $40 - $50 Including Delivery :eek:

That is as cheap and a good a deal as you will ever see.

They are even being sold with a wireless mini keyboard with touchpad and dpad for $60-$70 Delivered. :eek:

Unbelievable, I'll have to get one now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhh whhhhy did you have to tell ? I am now tempted to go look .

Has anyone hooked up any control pads to these for playing emus, iCP or other kinds?

Back