FXI cotton candy turns any screen into Android station

Most of those MK808 issues the Cotton Candy also has on top of it's other issues.

Also, if you read the posts in that forum (your source) some of those issues have been solved already. Also, according to it's specs sheet , the MK808 has a Mali400 GPU

At the end of the day, they are similiar devices - but one has $63.50 including delivery price tag and the other has a $199 + post price tag. Thats the story really, why would you pay that much for one of these. It was barely justifiable back back when it was announced, now it is way over priced . At $199 , It's the same price as a Nexus 7

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear, I just went through the checkout process for the Cotton Candy without finalising it, to see how much it would cost with shipping.

It will actually cost you

Cotton Candy $199

Shipping $15

Tax $53.50 - Don't ask me what this is, no idea

Total $267.50 :eek: - WTF

Also, if you read the posts in that forum (your source) some of those issues have been solved already.

Not really, especially the biggest problem (HDMI out) isn't solved.

Also, according to it's specs sheet , the MK808 has a Mali400 GPU
true, missed that

At the end of the day, they are similiar devices - but one has $63.50 including delivery price tag and the other has a $199 + post price tag. Thats the story really, why would you pay that much for one of these. It was barely justifiable back back when it was announced, now it is way over priced . At $199 , It's the same price as a Nexus 7
Maybe a compressed Pandora - similiar story (?) : good idea and price back then => problems (emersing for whatever reasons) slowing things down => ending up with a price that can't compete with the market

^ Is there a HDMI out issue with the MK808?, I couldn't see where it said that in the source you posted.

I start with issues i have found on MK808 so far:

• The provided AC charger is only 1A (Ampare) which is not enough to power this device
  • Not rooted
  • Wrong resolution, the image is stretched out on my 47-inch LG TV. (see last screen in this post)
  • No built-in mic for Voice Search
  • No power off buttons
  • Stock browser not working (preinstalled Chrome work fine)

Yeah, I believe the guy just didn't fiddle with the setting's properly yet as others have indicated in that forum.

The HDMI out in itself is working fine.

Yeah, I believe the guy just didn't fiddle with the setting's properly yet as others have indicated in that forum.

The HDMI out in itself is working fine.
unlikely, he especially made a picture of the appropriate settings dialog, and according to his last update he could not yet solve the problem.

but I guess I just have to wait a little longer and find it out for myself

Back