MK802 - 1.5Ghz Android 4.0/Linux Computer on a stick for $80 delivered

You still have to pay import duty though from that site as orders are shipped direct from the manufacturer.
Yikes! I was thinking that that was already accounted for, due to where the vendor is based. (I'm looking for UK-based sellers precisely to avoid getting stung for so much.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that price seems high. If you order from anywhere else it tends to be about $80 delivered for the 1Gb Model.

^ Our import limit before getting stung with fees is £18, including postage...

Good find vcoleiro, interesting watching the final stages of case manufacture. Anyone else find the interviewer at the end a bit overly-aggressive?

I like how the guy asks when the price can come down. How cheap do you want it, $74 delivered not cheap enough?

I just saw in another thread that these are popping up within the UK, for around £55, now. :D

£55 but some doubt over the memory I've seen at least 1 advert that says 1gb in the title and 512mb in the body.

I've emailed a couple of sellers to clarify before I buy one.

It'd be great to know that for sure - please share your findings! :)

A couple of sellers came back and said they had the 512mb versions (even though adverts said 1gb)

A UK seller has them on at £50 starting bid, but a buy it now of £80, these are the 1gb versions bet he currently has none available.

I can see the whole market changing soon we will have a stripped down laptop with screen keyboard battery and connections to attach these devices kinda like the lapdock would be interesting if they do a tegra three one at a reasonable price

I'd love to get one but I'm going to wait until some video's of it running software appear.

Surprised there aren't more video's on YT of them running emulators.

My 1GB version shipped from lightake.com on Friday so hopefully it'll arrive in about 10-14 days time. I'll do a little video with pads and emulators when it arrives, assuming someone doesn't beat me to it.

I'd really appreciate it if you could try skype.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like a new version of the MK802 (MK802 II) will be coming out in September.

There is also talk of Dual core version coming out in the future

"The MK802 II will feature a full-sized HDMI connector, letting you plug the stick right into a monitor or HDTV without using an HDMI cable.

It will also have 3 USB ports (2 micro and 1 standard sized port)."

http://liliputing.co...sized-hdmi.html

On a side note: I think the Cotton Candy is looking more like vapour ware. At the $200 it's looking really expensive now . There forum has been silent for a month (last post by anyone was about a month ago, see http://www.cstick.com/forum.php) No release date, it's all quite on the western front as far as I can see. Plus , I would fully expect a sub $100 mk802 to be released before the end of the year with the same specs ie a dual core processor which is now the only difference.

The price of MK802's on ebay has been dropping, 1gb models are now going for £54 inc delivery from the uk.

Glad I waited, I'll go for the mk2 when it comes out.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Back