Beta UAE4ARM with bsdsocket

I think Warp3D requires emulation of a PowerPC CPU. This is not available in UAE4ARM and there is no plan to implement/port this (at least I have no plan to do this).

I think Warp3D requires emulation of a PowerPC CPU. This is not available in UAE4ARM and there is no plan to implement/port this (at least I have no plan to do this).
Thankfully, WarpOS is optional. There are 68k Games that use W3D and you can use either quarktex or Wazp3D for it. Which are W3D to OpenGL wrapper. Dunno if can be ported to GL/ES. BTW In WinUAE When Wazp3D/any W3D to OpenGL wrapper is used with PPC. It doesn't work Just gives me a ramlib error. So it's possible. No need for PPC emulation.

Last edited:
Here is a new beta of UAE4ARM with a new JIT. This one based on the experimental JITv2 of aranym, which wasn't maintained since June 2015. So I took the code, did a lot of fixing and some improvements and now it's on a beta state. There are still some rarely used 68000 opcodes with bugs, but most things I tried are working. Some demos from Amiga Forever 2016 works only with the new JIT and crashes or shows only a black screen with the old one.
The main reason for the new JIT is performance. Currently, we get 20% better values with SysInfo compared to the old JIT.

Important for porters (Android, Raspi):
1. Mark releases with this code as beta. This isn't in a release state.
2. An ARMv6 CPU is required. I'm too lazy to to all the coding for older ARM cores, because we don't need it for the Pandora and it will take some time.

Attachments

• UAE4ARM.pnd
    4.6 MB · Views: 272
  • uae4arm_src.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 344
TomB, do you use a clean install of Workbench or something like ClassicWB? If so, which version of that would you recommend?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

2. An ARMv6 CPU is required. I'm too lazy to to all the coding for older ARM cores, because we don't need it for the Pandora and it will take some time.
As i remember uae4all2 & uae4arm require neon support. That mean minimal requirements is ARMv7 CPU (not ARMv6).
Also will be good for future to add support adiitional optimization for ARM64 (ARMv8). But that request rather to JIT developers.

hi there! I was trying to mount my mistfpga hardfile disk, but it won't work. I can't boot the image. My understanding is, that this is because complete images cannot be used, but only images of a single partition, is this correct? I can mount the image with fs-uae, I also tried mounting it under linux as that would be a viable solution but I can't get it to work (eventhough I followed multiple tutorials). any tips or ideas? could you add support for complete hdd images? thanks!

Hi TomB, when the status line is enabled and using only floppies the hard drive light is still there (and doesn't do anything). Is there any chance you could remove it when not using a hard drive (like the floppy drives do) and not leave a space. And also an option to get rid of the first grey light.

So for example, if you were only using two floppy drives then there would only be 3 lights, power, df0 and df1 with no extra non working lights. This way it will not obscure too much of the bottom. I asked Lubomyr (the Android porter) but he said to ask you.

Some bug reports:

TinyLauncher - graphics glitches
Alladin AGA (whdload version) - graphics glitches
Super SkidMarksCD32 (whdload version) - graphics glitches
AmiKit - red guru meditation after loading desktop
All listed games/app work correct with uae4arm-JITv1

But generally as for first beta it's very good :)

Another beta of UAE4ARM with new JIT with some fixes and a big performance improvement.
SysInfo gives now a 80% higher value compared to old JIT.

Attachments

• UAE4ARM.pnd
    4.6 MB · Views: 277
  • uae4arm_src.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 371
New version is perfect.
All listed games which not worked with previous version, with new version work correct. Amikit also works now.
Very complicated demos and 3d-games run very smooth.

Strange things are going on with hard drives using JIT 2. I am using ClassicWB and when I open a drive on the workbench I get a red Software Failure message. It works without JIT enabled.

I have no problems using HDFs or virtual drives.
What kind of HDF you are using (rdb or standard) and which AmigaOS version you are using?

I have no problems using HDFs or virtual drives.
What kind of HDF you are using (rdb or standard) and which AmigaOS version you are using?

I am using ClassicWB Full which uses Scalos and the 3.1 ROM. Hard Drive is standard and formatted FFS. It works fine if I turn off JIT.

The error is 8000 0002 if that makes any sense to you.

Back