Beta UAE4ARM with bsdsocket

TomB

Very Active Member
Here is a new version of UAE4ARM with support for bsdsocket.library.

Changes till last version in Repo:
- Disk images in zip files
- Support for rp9
- New mousehack code
- Picasso96: 8 bit color mode
- Max. Z3 mem now 128 MB
- Built-in AROS
- Bugfix: Press q in a textfield in GUI quits UAE4ARM
- bsdsocket.library

Attachments

• UAE4ARM.pnd
    4.6 MB · Views: 340
  • uae4arm_src.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 677
Ooh nice TomB.
Couple of questions... whats rp9? and what does the new mousehack code do?
Brilliant...
Did you even track down and fix the sound lag from the last version?

Great stuff as always.. always surprising when you turn up with a betea :)

rp9 is a file format for disk images. The new mousehack allows you to use the stylus on touchscreen to exactly position the mouse on Amiga workbench. Doesn't work well with games, but for workbench, it's great.

rp9 is a file format for disk images. The new mousehack allows you to use the stylus on touchscreen to exactly position the mouse on Amiga workbench. Doesn't work well with games, but for workbench, it's great.

Whhooooot! A workbench with stylus!
Means that most workbench based games should work fine now as wel!

yay! just in time for my planned temporary switch to uae. my mist fpga doesn't like the new aga core and I thought it might be a good idea to clone my hdd image to the pandora.

I used wrong compiler options, which causes crash in Picasso96.
Here is a fixed version of PND and makefile.

Attachments

• UAE4ARM.pnd
    4.6 MB · Views: 304
  • Makefile.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 488
Another beta of uae4arm with following changes:
- Bugfix in dialog for adding HDF
- Improved support for rp9 (only 5 out of 99 games from "Amiga Forever 2016" not working)
Usage: Copy rp9 files and the three "workbench-xyz.hdf" files to folder "appdata/uae4arm/rp9".
All files of a rp9 archive added to the last used disk list, so you can easily select them with
the dropdown control in the floppy panel.
- Support for RDB hardfiles

Attachments

• UAE4ARM.pnd
    4.6 MB · Views: 332
  • uae4arm_src.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 462
Hi, in the Android version there is a bug in OCS/ECS that stretches the mouse pointer and you can't move to the left side of the screen. This also affects game graphics. I wondered if this also happens on the Pandora or it's just the Android port ? To test, just load a workbench in OCS/ECS and you should instantly see the stretched mouse pointer. (It doesn't happen in AGA).

Another thing in the Android version is JIT. In previous versions JIT used to work on all configurations but now in your latest version it only works when CPU is set to Fastest otherwise it freezes. Has this been changed or just another bug in the Android version ?

The problem with the mouse pointer in OCS/ECS happend also on the Pandora, but it's already fixed.
Also the problem with freezing if JIT is used in non fastest mode occurs on Pandora. I'll fix this also, but keep in mind, that JIT is only useful in fastest mode.

Hope to release the next beta soon.

Excellent, thanks for replying. Do you have any plans for Action Replay Rom support ?

Also, when playing IK+ (ADF A500) I have 'More Compatble' ticked and I get music but no sound effects, if I turn off 'More Compatible' I get the full sound, I thought it would be the other way round.

Another also, I don't know if this is Android related or the way you have programmed it but on my GPD XD handheld I get perfectly smooth scrolling when there is no sound, as soon as sound plays I get tiny micro stutter on the scrolling.

as soon as sound plays I get tiny micro stutter on the scrolling
I think you reach the limit of your device in this situation. Turn on the status line and watch if fps goes down (number in red indicator).

I think you reach the limit of your device in this situation. Turn on the status line and watch if fps goes down (number in red indicator).

It seems a very weird problem, my device is 1.8Ghz. When I view something that has a scroll text for example, when the music is not playing the status line says 60 (and the scrolling looks perfectly smooth). When the music starts the status line says 50 and has tiny micro stutter. It's like my device screen is changing from 60Hz to 50Hz. The micro-stutter is obviously visible and correct if my screen is 60Hz but how come it plays smooth when there is no music ?

The Pandora version doesn't switch from 60Hz to 50Hz during emulation. There is something wrong the port for your device.
If you select NTSC in settings, then you should see 60 in the indicator, otherwise (PAL) 50.

It must just be my device screen, the speed doesn't change when it happens, only the smoothness. Weird.
[doublepost=1461410936,1461406856][/doublepost]The write enable/protect options are all greyed out on the floppy drives. Is this supposed to work or not implemented yet ?

Back