Got my 2x today, and have been playing this evening:

Apidya
Super Frog
Pinball Dreams
IK+
Sensible World of Soccer
Wicked
Great Courts 2

All these were with Frameskip 1 (0 was too fast!) and the GP2x overclocked using lcd ram tweak 2.1b1. The inbuilt overclock crashes and turns the screen white, like most other peoples.

This emu is going to be superb when it's complete - it's already very good!

played shadow of the beast yesterday evening, it runs so smooth now and the sound is perfect. Never thought that we will have this once on the GP2X

the only thing that is missing is savestates (I hate the loading times, and all the menus of SWOS to get into the game... ).

Got my 2x today, and have been playing this evening:

Apidya

This emu is going to be superb when it's complete - it's already very good!

I tried Apidya as well, but I found it a bit slow. Mind you my GP2X only overclocks to 245Mhz when running with the MMU hack.

EDIT: Oh yes, that is with sound switched on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand the topic of ‘over clocking’ has been discussed but I’m having a problem with it.

I have run the uae4all-tweak, even edited the script to what my GPX can handle but it still crashes so what am I missing here?

I understand the topic of ‘over clocking’ has been discussed but I’m having a problem with it.

I have run the uae4all-tweak, even edited the script to what my GPX can handle but it still crashes so what am I missing here?
When does it crash? If you use the uae4all-tweak script, DO NOT then go and use the overclocking option in the menu - it's not necessary. uae4all gp2x does not modify any pre-existing overclock, so it's fine to use the script.

Question: Fame/c 68k is stronger than Cyclone/arm 68k ?
thanx

Great work critical and chui, this is a very impressive emulator, the Amiga will always be my favourite game machine of all time.

Compatability is very high, and many games run really well. It is getting so close to perfect - might it perhaps be feasible to go dual core like picodrive and move sound to the second cpu?

Keep up the great work, it is appreciated, thanks for bringing back the memories :)

Great work critical and chui, this is a very impressive emulator, the Amiga will always be my favourite game machine of all time.

Compatability is very high, and many games run really well. It is getting so close to perfect - might it perhaps be feasible to go dual core like picodrive and move sound to the second cpu?

Keep up the great work, it is appreciated, thanks for bringing back the memories :)

Move Amiga's sound to the second CPU? You crazy? :huh:

I'd imagine it's way too complicated. :)

Move Amiga's sound to the second CPU? You crazy? :huh:

I'd imagine it's way too complicated. :)

That doesn't sound too impossible. The Amiga sound chip was pretty simple really. It was basically just (4) 8-bit DACs. That seems far simpler than the Megadrives chips that are done on the second core in Picodrive.

Question: Fame/c 68k is stronger than Cyclone/arm 68k ?
thanx
i don't think but is more compatible with 68k code

one thing that puzzles me now is just how compatible is notaz's latest version of Cyclone?
and, how is it that Cyclone is good enough for Genesis emulation and MAME yet generally considered too incompatible for Amiga?
Does the Amiga use a load of crazy opcodes or interrupts not seen elsewhere??

Hello folks,

Well while looking for videos of the GP2X on YouTube I found the following :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cO70yirHWM

Added November 05, 2006
From HoraceAndTheSpider
This is a video i've posted up here to s This is a video i've posted up here to show what myself and FOL of www.pspuae.com have been doing to make the Amiga PSP emulator more playable.

What you see here, is a comparison between regular ADF loading, and the loading of a specially-created savestate, which has the entire game stored into the Amiga RAM.

I have timed from game load-start to the kick-off whistle of a first career game. you may notice an unneccessary wait on the titles screen, simply to demonrate the loading there. This adds about 35 seconds to the overall load time, which could be removed. It adds slightly more still to the ADF loading.

in case it's hard to read.. the times for loading were; 5:28 for the ADF loading, and 2:01 for the RAM savestate. When you consider that this extra time is being wasted all the time you are playing a career etc, or that on other games, disk-changes may also be necessary, it become very apparent that a lot of time is wasted with ADF loading, making it somewhat unsuitable for portable gaming.

The techniques we have used to eliminate the in-game loadtimes could probably be adapted for the GP2X as well. If anyone would like more info, get in touch on www.pspuae.com ... (more) (less)

Its the latest part that grab my attention ;-), would it be possible to do this also for the GP2X? Maybe Critical or Chui should contact them?

I have been testing Sensible in this emulator two days ago and in GP2X it takes 2 minutes to start playing i think.
May be with this new way it takes only a minute.

Whoah, the PSP's UAE takes 5 minutes to load an ADF? That makes what critical and GnoSTiC have done seem even more impressive.

Save state loading is a neat idea, used in various 8-bit computer emulators (ZX, CPC, c64) to great effect.

The techniques we have used to eliminate the in-game loadtimes could probably be adapted for the GP2X as well. If anyone would like more info, get in touch on www.pspuae.com ... (more) (less)

Its the latest part that grab my attention ;-), would it be possible to do this also for the GP2X? Maybe Critical or Chui should contact them?
It's not exactly rocket science ;)

Interesting to see that they're hopefully going live soon with Chui's FAME/C core too. I've ported (but not released) uae4all to the PSP, using FAME/C, and it runs faster than pspuae 0.60.

We'll see what happens, but if gnostic can either get FAME/C working himself, or wait until the pspuae guys release their integration and 'borrow' it, that should be the way forward, I think. I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to do coding on this for a while as I'm about to buy a house, which is likely to occupy a lot of my time.

I'm just delighted that Amiga emulation is an enjoyable reality now.

well it might not seem like rocket-science to you Critical, but it is still beyond the capabilities of most PSP emulator users, and is a very time-consuming process to do on-mass! :p

of course, i would be very interested to hear more of your PSP uae4all port. (or even try it out.) Ric did one some time agao (before FAME/C) although i am unsure what stage it was at. He found there to be no direct improvement over e-uae, and in fact gave him less to play around with (with regards to memory etc), and this is why he didnt bother releasing it.

It seems obvious however that your new port would be faster than PSPUAE 0.60, since it includes the FAME/C core afterall! Some of the factors id be interested to hear about would be those such as amiga memory limitations, HD support and other such gubbins, perhaps you could fill us in with a few details? (by PM if you'd prefer)

Anyway, all of us over at www.pspuae.com would be very greatful if you'd come over to chat about the projects with us, hell, if you wanted you could join the devs team! I see no reason why a healthy amount of honest and open co-operation cant take place, which would benefit everyone involved, be it from PSPUAE borrowing ADF routines from uae4all, or uae4all borrowing Ric's FAME/C integration.

@ gaterooze - it is only SWOS in this example which takes 5 minutes, as it is a game which will not load with turbo floppy speed, and this is also timed from disk insertion, up to the first game of the full career mode... (which is not quick even on a real amiga) this was done to show some of the in-game loading times which can be reduced. There's also some waiitng on the credits screen, just to show the delays etc. in actuallity, the time even on ADF could be cut to being much shorter, but the RAM / savestate version could have been even quicker too.

i hope you gp2x guys dont mind me dropping in like this. It's only that a friend of mine who uses both mentioned it to me, and i spotted my YouTube video being quoted and thought i'd better straighten out a few facts!

glad to still see so much Amiga-love still in the world :D

Back