Release UAE4All 2.0

Not all AGA games need high cpu speeds...
Yeah, almost every 2D AGA game seems to run fine at this speed.

Glad I don't care about those pixelated FPSs like Alien Breed 3D or Gloom...

Dunno how to add a "14 MHz-mode" (there isn't just some MHz value to be set in the code...).

Last edited by a moderator:
I always quite enjoyed the original Alien Breed 3d, was good fun back in the day!(but the sequel?? No way!!). Gloom was ok, never was too gone on it....

Dunno how to add a "14 MHz-mode" (there isn't just some MHz value to be set in the code...).

If you ever find out how to do it, make it so that you can set it even higer than 14Mhz, a lot of demos could use the extra speed, and even when using workbench a nice speedup would be welkom.

If you ever find out how to do it, make it so that you can set it even higer than 14Mhz, a lot of demos could use the extra speed, and even when using workbench a nice speedup would be welkom.

It would be awesome enough just for Ambermoon :)

It ran sooo fast on my A4000/040 :D

Would that be a better question for anonymous to look into rather than john4p though? Sounds like its something embedded in his code I'd imagine?

It ran sooo fast on my A4000/040 :D

I'm certain we won't see fullspeed 68040 (@40MHz) -emulation on Pandora I - that's just a bit too much for the little device.

You may be surprised, have you done any benchmarking to see how much Pandora CPU the Amiga CPU uses?

It would be excellent if you can add a CPU speed setting.

With the games I tested:

Amiga 500 games get up to 40%.

AGA games get up to 80%

Uae4all at main menu uses 18%.

The next one is interesting:

Xcopy pro... doing nothing 31%, copying with diskspeed set to 1x 35%. But if you set disk speed to 8x cpu usage gets up to 58%.

(1Ghz unit at 1.2Ghz)

Not all AGA games need high cpu speeds...
Yeah, almost every 2D AGA game seems to run fine at this speed.

Glad I don't care about those pixelated FPSs like Alien Breed 3D or Gloom...

Still it would be nice to have as many a1200 games working as possible.some of the 3d ones are ok. Would some of the a1200 games that used a mac power pc board thingie run under emulation? What about foundation and maim and mangle etc they are cd based though-would they run? Is there a google docs list somewhere with config settings and working a1200 games. someone couldnt get into it to update it.

Here's a new beta version with a whole bunch of very nice bugfixes by TomB - most notably the sound delay is gone after restoring a savestate (so no need to enter and leave the gui anymore). Also the emu seems not to crash anymore when you repeatedly restore savestates.

These are the changes in detail:

TomB said:
Hello John,

here some more changes to uae:

- audio.cpp:

fixed problem with audio after restore of saved state

- disk.cpp, gp2x/menu/menu.cpp, gp2x/menu/menu_load.cpp, include/options.h, gp2x/menu/menu_memory_disk.cpp, gp2x/menu/menu_load.cpp:

increased size for filenames to match largest size ever used in uae (256 chars)

- drawing.cpp:

fixed display of HAM

- memory.cpp:

Version of kickstart written during save of state, but not read during restore; memory was allocated to save rom but never used

- zfile.cpp:

Length of a string was too small for content

- m68k/m68k_cmn_intrf.cpp:

In old FAME_C, register mspreg was in use and saved/restored for savestates but in new FAME_C, mspreg is always 0 and never used. The more important register now is uspreg, which is now saved/restored in savestates.

- gp2x/menu/menu_main.cpp:

increased size for command in setCpuSpeed (was much too small),

increased size for filenames to match largest size ever used in uae (256 chars),

for preset A500, changed_prefs.fastmem_size was 512 while mainMenu_fastMemory was 0, changed_prefs.fastmem_size is now set to the correct value

- gp2x/menu/menu_controls.cpp:

increased string mapping to have enough space for all possible values

I recommend to release the new compiled version as beta to avoid the problems and discussions we had last time.

Regards,

Tom

This beta also includes the latest changes from yesterday (http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/8770-uae4all-20/page__st__320#entry201395).

Feedback please so I can release this officially.

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2.8 MB · Views: 203
oh nice... can this be run alongside the reg version??

EDIT: nm I`ll just rename the original and use this for testing :)

Hmmm I renamed the original pnd to pnd.old

rebooted with the beta one in the same place..

I`m still getting the lag..

Do I have to uninstall the one I have ? does it cache some stuff anywhere?

I mean,,, how Do I know I`m using the beta?

If the ending of the old pnd isn't .pnd anymore it should use the beta pnd.

Try creating a new savestate and reload that.

Stupid question time, when I overclock the Amiga in game, why does the emulation become much choppier than when it's running the same game perfectly well at the normal speed?(and I didn't activate frame skip)

(null)

Stupid question time, when I overclock the Amiga in game, why does the emulation become much choppier than when it's running the same game perfectly well at the normal speed?(and I didn't activate frame skip)
Because every higher Amiga speed setting is more and more demanding to emulate for the Pandora's CPU. As a rough estimation I'd guess "Amiga 500 Turbo" needs about 700-900MHz, "Amiga 1200" speed needs about 900-1100MHz and "Amiga 1200 Turbo" needs 1100+MHz.

Okay, doesn't seem like Tom's changes added new bugs so I'll upload the new version to the repo.

Back