Release UAE4All 2.0

Times like this I keep my fingers crossed that Pandora 2 will have at least 600 lines on the new screen to emulate 640x512.

Last edited by a moderator:
The PS Vita has a great screen for Amiga emulation: 960x544 pixels.

(With overscan and doubled lines you need even more height than 512 to see everything.)

Maybe that screen would be suitable for Pandora 2...

I imagine they will take a performance hit on the emulator performance?
Yes, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Have you any thoughts on why some of the AGA games at present run slowly (like Robocod and Worms DC), or is that simply a case for throwning more muscle like the 1Ghz units at it and seeing does that fix it? (because the speed definitely improves at higher clockrates)

or is that simply a case for throwning more muscle like the 1Ghz units at it and seeing does that fix it? (because the speed definitely improves at higher clockrates)
This. Robocod AGA seems to run fine at 1GHz (maybe 900MHz suffices already).

The successor JP3: Operation Starfish seems to run fine at 800MHz.

Didn'y push mine up as far as 1Ghz to try these out, with luck I should have a bit more time to try these out more at the weekend, so I'll get a better handle on things then! I can't recall if James Pond Operation Starfish got an AGA version, I've a suspicion it didn't so I'd imagine it should perform well anyway. I'll post my findings (if they're anyway interesting) on here anyway ;)

I can't recall if James Pond Operation Starfish got an AGA version, I've a suspicion it didn't
JP3 Operation Starfish was only available for AGA (and Sega MegaDrive).

You probably confuse this with JP1 Underwater Agent...

Will setting the Pandora CPU speed with UAE control panel be fixed? I ask as I'm never sure if the changes to desktop have affected the app.

Yes fixed that two hours ago. Will release a new version tonight.
Man I love this community.

Imagine if the passion for the Pandora was used for evil not just good what we could accomplish ;)

I can't recall if James Pond Operation Starfish got an AGA version, I've a suspicion it didn't
JP3 Operation Starfish was only available for AGA (and Sega MegaDrive).

You probably confuse this with JP1 Underwater Agent...

Never owned James Pond 3, so I only ever got to play it years later via emulation on the Megadrive! (so that would explain my confusion there), thanks for the info :)

If the CPU speed is set upon boot up (like at present), will that speed be what's shown in the GUI too??(stupid question I know, but it's been a long day!!)

If the CPU speed is set upon boot up (like at present), will that speed be what's shown in the GUI too??(stupid question I know, but it's been a long day!!)
No, on start it'll set the cpu speed you've previously saved with general config in uae4all. If there is no general config yet then it'll just set the cpu speed to 600MHz.

I think I'll leave it at that and also change the PND-settings back from 800 to 600 to avoid the system dialog we get now.

If you then want uae4all to always start with e.g. 850MHz just set it in uae4all to 850 and then "save general config".

Imagine if the passion for the Pandora was used for evil not just good what we could accomplish ;)
Yes with combined forces used for the greater evil we could make a change in this world!

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but I face issues with saved states:

- I cannot load previous saved states from the previous UAE4All version (it crashes)

- I cannot save new save states from the new version. Crashes, too.

Can someone confirm if they have any issue with that?

That's correct - savestates are broken in the current release.

Yesterday saw the functions save_cpu() and restore_cpu() (both are only a part of saving/restoring states) are empty in this new FAME/C-version.

Replaced the functions with the ones from the older FAME/C-release and now saving works, but restoring states still crashes the emu.

Could confirm that saving works correctly because the created savestate loads fine in the old UAE4All.

I'll later debug why restoring fails.

That's correct - savestates are broken in the current release.

Yesterday saw the functions save_cpu() and restore_cpu() (both are only a part of saving/restoring states) are empty in this new FAME/C-version.

Replaced the functions with the ones from the older FAME/C-release and now saving works, but restoring states still crashes the emu.

Could confirm that saving works correctly because the created savestate loads fine in the old UAE4All.

I'll later debug why restoring fails.

Thanks for checking this out! This is a topic of major importance for a number of games :)

I think I'll leave it at that and also change the PND-settings back from 800 to 600 to avoid the system dialog we get now.
You should unset DISPPLAY before running the overclock script:

Code:
system("unset DISPLAY; echo y | sudo -n /usr/pandora/scripts/op_cpuspeed.sh 800");

Even though I've the OPP limit on my pandora set to 5 and the maximum speed allowed set to higher than 800mhz, my Pandora now hangs upon starting emulation with this, even though I've already raised the speed before starting the PND. Any idea what I'm doing wrong this time?

Forgot to say that on the previous version of this, where it asked to set the speed higher, I had no such issue.

I've reverted to the previous version to get things working again, it seems that if I change the CPU speed at all above 600 in the UAE4ALL menu in the newest version, the system hangs on starting emulation (even though I already set a higher speed before starting the PND). I know others had a similar problem to this, how was it resolved in the end?

Back