Trying to find a fair solution

Read the post. Does this sound like a fair solution?

• Yes (I'm not in Craigs Queue)

Votes: 46 54.1%
  • Yes (I'm in Craigs Queue)

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • No (if possible, let me know why)

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

It's a shame.

I'm one of the more vocal proponents of the "Craig fucked up/misused your money" camp, but I do recall when he was much younger... The first time I encountered him was through a remake he wrote of Jet Set Willy on the Spectrum - it wasn't great, and suffered from serious graphical problems, but played competently.

Because of this, when I got my first GBA and needed a flashcart his site came up in my searches - GBAX.com. Because I already had converesed with him previously I sent in my order and received prompt and professional service. I used GBAX a few times after that for various nefarious needs, all the way up to my ordering my first GP2X from him. Again, his store was the very model of professionalism.

So when the Pandora was first detailed by him and others as a solution to GPH's perceived failings, I was straight on-board. This was Craig Rothwell, and I had prior experience of him being the guy who can get shit done.

After all the delays and over 2.5 years of bollocks, I finally received my Pandora... But I really, really felt betrayed by Craig, and I'm never going to forget that. The following years of evasion and downright lies has done nothing to change my mind.

D.

Ok, now his reputation is safe. Craig never screwed anyone because a mod says so, and threatens of sanction to who claims otherwise. Great discussion.
Don't be daft. I said that you shouldn't be making shit up, because made-up shit tends to come back and bite someone in the ass. And since that ass, in this case, is EDs, you really should not go around spreading made-up shit unless you really have it in for ED.

But in any event, step one would ideally be to have a Pandora project friendly lawyer break down the realistic options to us without charge (I'll pledge a hot meal and a couple of pints in my bar in Amsterdam if he ever makes it this way) and then with complete information decide what the sensible, or most satisfying, thing to do would be.
Yes. If someone wants to go the way of litigation, then that is the first step. As WizardStan said (I think? Or Dunny?), there no longer seems to be any point in trying to protect the rest of the everqueue from an eventual collapse of OP Ltd.

Even there, you do not want to have a history of libellous statements on these forums should that happen. A lawyer would want his or her litigator to be a dependable person in good standing, and not give the opposing team a chance to paint him as an angry, vengeful person.

welcome back to the openpandora speculation festival!

don't miss our seminars on how to believe you can sue someone internationaly for free!

Be sure to pass by our "dunk the craigx" booth and let out some of that steam!

another thread gone to shit, another reason for ED to go "what a fuckfest, fuck this shit" thanks guys.

Mods: Thread split time?

Others: At least bother to duckduckgo "Winding up a company" and/or "Liquidation" before resuming this raving. Then if you still think you've got reason to speculate on the revenge possibilities, resume, but at least in another thread...

(My preference would be another site and yours should be too, because it's obvious by now you'll only reach a small minority of the revengefuming "will not pay"-people here. So how about you just take this stuff to Facebook, I always recommend Facebook in cases like this, it just works so well... from my point of view too, because I never created an account there and probably never will ;) )

(Edit: If you do create a new thread for this, please start it with a poll: "Craig owes me money or a Pandora yes/no"... reading your posts aroused my curiosity of the profile of an average Craighater...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also in favor of continuing this legal discussion in a separate thread (and I will personally try to come there later in Sunday). But for now, there's the off-topic legal action discussion behind the spoiler.

Bunnies are the next dominators of the world !!

(\_/)

(o.o)

((")(")

Sorry, made a long post with regards to the legal action talk, but after a long consideration, I'll save it for the thread split, after all.

Don't be silly. Unless you can come up with a very good reason why Craig would have invented fictional characters already back in 2009, when he was the all-round good guy, then you're just trolling.

Where did you see any financial status? I searched for openpandora ltd but there was no detailed information about financial status just a site where you could order more documents for 1 pound each?

Just noticed the frontpage donations bar is at the top again.  Thanks everyone who's donated.

I can't wait for Pandoras to start shipping again.  There must be nearly 100 good to go as soon as the screens are sorted.  That could be good moral for everyone.

Where did you see any financial status? I searched for openpandora ltd but there was no detailed information about financial status just a site where you could order more documents for 1 pound each?
Unfortunately I don't remember the website but someone posted it in a previous thread... Maybe they can post it again... :/

So open pandora ltd has 50000 pounds debts. I don't think it would be useful to sue it, to get some money from it, probably it would just cost money for the lawyer.

I wonder if more people would be willing to 'kick start' donation money than 'simply' donate. By 'kick start' I mean have something set up where people pledge money to pay off the pre-order fund, but unless the full amount (or a set amount at least) is raised, no-one pays anything (so follow the Kick Starter model). In some respects if people want to donate, they should just donate, not worry about such a silly idea, but just from curiosity, I wonder how many people would be willing to donate say $30 IF they knew that it would eliminate the pre-order queue (or 50% of it, or whatever). Obviously kick starter isn't suitable for this (plus charge money), it is more of an interesting ideal rather than a practical one.

I wonder if more people would be willing to 'kick start' donation money than 'simply' donate. By 'kick start' I mean have something set up where people pledge money to pay off the pre-order fund, but unless the full amount (or a set amount at least) is raised, no-one pays anything (so follow the Kick Starter model). In some respects if people want to donate, they should just donate, not worry about such a silly idea, but just from curiosity, I wonder how many people would be willing to donate say $30 IF they knew that it would eliminate the pre-order queue (or 50% of it, or whatever). Obviously kick starter isn't suitable for this (plus charge money), it is more of an interesting ideal rather than a practical one.
http://www.crowdhoster.com - run by Crowdtilt. an excellent model.

Back