Today Is A Great Day!(Hopefully)

mali said:
@Mithrildor
Borgqueen is guessing there. 500 boards were expected to arrive till the 22nd, but as I understand it, they've tested 360 so far and are still in Texas.

Nope. Check the blog:
March 22th - March 26th: 500 populated and tested boards and all parts will be shipped to UK.

That does mean that until March 26th 500 should have been tested and will be shipped.
So even if the cases would've been shipped yesterday, we couldn't assemble earlier as we still need to wait for the boards.

Testing takes approx. a week for 500 boards, so there will be 500 more a week if everything works out.

That's nothing new here.

Last edited:
kingoddball said:
Mate, They're not treats.. People are just sick of waiting! Borg orders toward.... 2 years ago?
Seems like many will cancel soon... Sad fact.. :(
No, but these are:
treats.jpg

Also, Borgqueenx ordered just 1 year ago, not 2 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Things will probably speed up once it started.
Of course testing takes a while longer at the beginning. After a while once you done it quite a few times, things will speed up.

ED - Whats the real plan?

I mean is it you, Craig, Mweston, Faith, Notaz coming down over easter for initial 500 build followed by getting some company in UK for final assembly tasks

I cant see you guys staying in UK beyond a weekend for initial batch

I am quite willing to work over easter to help - but there seems to be very little call to arms to get more recruits for that period

just wondering

No I am not considering canceling

I would wait forever, as I said when the first estimated ship date wasn't met.

Doesn't mean I'm not highly anticipating this, bad news discourages me and my first reaction is to say... screw it, I'm done... But I think, if it was not for us, the ones that are sticking this one out, this thing would never happen. Yes these guys would go out of buisness, but there's a strong possibility, that the ones that are in the same boat we're all in, would never get theirs. I hate hearing about people wanting to throw in the towel all the time. Not only are they just usually empty threats, but it keeps reminding OP how fragile the project's existence really is. They need to focus on getting this done, each in their own particular lanes, being constantly reminded that they could loose everything at a drop of a hat I'm sure can't be helping any.

If you really need the couple hundred bones from over a year ago, you probably have more problems than not having a handheld when you want it. Please don't bring others, and potentially the entire project down with you. If you leave, do so quietly. If you are frustrated, then be rightfully frustrated, but pick up another project or hobby, this really helps in getting the delays off your mind if it's not the main focus in your life. I see alot of the exact same faces on here that I seen from over a year ago, posting every day, several times a day. I can tell, this project is probably the main, if not only focus in your life outside of family and work.

Take a deep breath, pick up a book, pick up a new project to follow, and before you know it, you'll have a package at your doorstep. I really appreciate everyone that backs the pandora for as long as they have, because without you guys, even the silent ones, I would never get the type of handheld I've been dreaming about. I don't useally post stuff this nice or heartfelt, because I usually just blindly absolutely hate everyone equally. You guys caught me in a weird mood of being nice, so I just wanted to say thanks as well. Now you all can go piss off. ;)

I agree that making cancellation threats isn't productive(that's meant in both directions, dear Craig), but I also think that it's pretty much irrelevant and should just be ignored. ED says there are more people who want to join than those who cancel, so where's the problem?

I really appreciate the newest update :)
Please post info when available, so we get some entertainment. Let's keep the ball rolling :)

i will never cancel my order i don't care how long it takes

i would prefer if it was quicker but i will never cancel

roberthoward45 said:
i will never cancel my order i don't care how long it takes

i would prefer if it was quicker but i will never cancel

Me too.

And Ed, don't let the stress get you down dude. It's only loss of money that's ultimatly at stake here - not worth losing sleep over. That did depress me when I read teh breakdown.

Pandora will great! If not, who cares it's only a toy, a bit of phun.

And to the idiots who keep threatening to cancel - grow up - you knew what you were getting into, so STFU or p155 off.

Personally, I don't care how long it takes, as long as I know there's some progress being made. It'll be done when it's done. Whining and bitching won't get anything done any faster, and the longer we have to wait for assembly, the longer the devs have to iron out the software issues like Wi-Fi.

Like Sam said, don't wanna hear about any of the team getting ill over this, especially the usually calm and collected EvilDragon! Don't let the open source handheld become the source of misery (head held in hands!)

Surely the victory dance atop Craig's roof isn't too far away!

To quickly respond to EvilDragon's worse case scenario (a) Nothing will work out.), I'd like to think that enough of us would be prepared to accept a £200 loss for the sake of ED.

(Not that I can imagine case a) ever happening!)

RajTakhar said:
I am quite willing to work over easter to help - but there seems to be very little call to arms to get more recruits for that period
Well, until everything is ready in Craig's hall, it's going to be tricky to arrange with all the potential volunteers when is the best time to be available. Since the 1st batch is going to take several weeks to assemble, and the first couple of days are not the time to rush the process, I imagine the call to arms coming at the same time as the first few are complete and the process is proven. That will still give a window of several weekends for people to get involved. Some people may be able to show up after a day's notice - but I doubt they will stay for a month!

To all the Team & Loyal Customers:
Anything in life worth having is worth fighting for!

I completly agree with jb0yx in regards to customers having a problem with a preorder from a life time ago(You may have way bigger problems than a handheld system not shipping). I don't dismiss anyones concerns for there $330 bones, as you have an investment equal to that amount, which is probably less than 1% of the overall project. So your opinions count, but keep thoses opinions in perspective. Threats about cancelling is playground tactics at best. I have personally set my own deadline date, and when it comes, I will wish everyone well, and move on. No hard feelings. I really hope I won't need to cancel, but at the end of the day, I'm sure the project will go on no matter how many cancel, or threaten to cancel.

Right now we are a few weeks away from "final" assembly, so everyone should be fairly happy. If anyone hear thought this would start on the 22nd has not been following this project fairly long, or is just living in a bubble. To think it will happen by april 1st is not to realistic either, very soon is more likly. Could that mean april 1st(sure), could it also mean april 15, may 7, june 12 any of these dates assembly could happen. Who knows, these cases may arrive, and not be usable, and then this starts all over again.

So for now, at least our delays are down to days and weeks, versus months and years! That alone is reason to be happy(for the time being)! :lol:

Chris

Awakening said:
Personally I hope more people cancel, especially those who ordered before me ;)
I'm surprised how many people have cancelled before me! It doesn't seem to be a handful either.

I didn't read his post as a threat to cancel, well not as in "you bloody OPT I'm gonna cancel because of your lies" type threat anyway. He was just saying he had his cut off point and he's almost reached it and he'll be mad if he has to cancel as he doesn't want to. But that could just be my way of interpreting it.

We're always going to get people hitting their own personal cut off points (until it's released), it doesn't mean they weren't supportive, or understood the project, etc. But all the team can do is carry on and not pay too much attention to those comments, especially as they seem to be getting new orders in all the time.

The more people jump on such statements, the more it inflames/make the issue bigger than need be. We've just got to except that some people for whatever reason will cancel.

Back