Today Is A Great Day!(Hopefully)

Exophase said:
Someone who collects every new release and iteration of everything is probably the least likely to cancel their Pandora order.
True, if you're a collector. But if you just want "the latest" for the sake of having it, that's a different story. I deal with people like that. They're not careful with their stuff cause if it breaks, they'll just get another. When it gets obsolete or doesn't do "latest thing X" they'll just get the latest flavor.

Exophase said:
But yeah, people are going to feel ripped off if devices that are like Pandora but better in every way start coming off. Who is going to say "but my Pandora is good enough" when they know that had they waited with their money they would have been able to get something better instead? That's just not human nature, people are going to feel played. I mean, consider that people were willing to pay what was presented as a price premium back in 2008, in order to get something really cutting edge. When the Pandora arrives now, it isn't going to be cutting edge (although it'll still be pretty good, relatively speaking).
True, a newer Pandora designed today might emulate more systems. Especially, if those systems had high interest (PSP, DS, N64, etc...) That's a good point I overlooked. I've mostly been paying attention to emulations like GBA, C64 and PS1, since those are the systems I owned and have software for. And for those, the Pandora will be adequate. But it is true that anyone wishing for full speed PSP, DS, N64 emulation might indeed be a bit frustrated that today's technology might be getting better at doing it than 2008's technology. It's a good point.

Last edited by a moderator:
To this day the Pandora is the cheapest device I can find that can run a full desktop OS, has a large game library with gaming controls, full tactile keyboard, and fits in my pocket.

Until that is no longer true, I believe most people will just keep waiting.

- trix

greendots said:
The case company was sure that the 1000 cases would be done on the 22 also but now they are sure it will be the 26th?

They weren't. It was the best case roadmap if everything went fine.
There was one issue they needed to fix and they did that. So the roadmap was updated :)

Last edited:
ED,

Just to make sure you know, the fact I don't post here much but rather read most of the time means I am one of the silent majority who are anxiously awaiting their Pandora's delivery while fighting back all the people around them who are laughing at the fact I have been waiting for the past year and a half.
I am proud to be one of those and you have my full support.

Just so you know..

Keep up the good work EvilDragon, and the rest of the team. Losing a few days here and there is to be expected and you've built a bit of that time into your schedule. What's almost certain is that Pandora assembly's going to happen soon, it's on the horizon and that's great news.

centus said:
ED,

Just to make sure you know, the fact I don't post here much but rather read most of the time means I am one of the silent majority who are anxiously awaiting their Pandora's delivery while fighting back all the people around them who are laughing at the fact I have been waiting for the past year and a half.
I am proud to be one of those and you have my full support.

Just so you know..

The Pandora is the only gadget I've ever talked about. I mention it at least once a week these days. My friends are getting a bit skeptical at this point. It's also a device I want, for more then one reason.

Dead1nside said:
Keep up the good work EvilDragon, and the rest of the team. Losing a few days here and there is to be expected and you've built a bit of that time into your schedule. What's almost certain is that Pandora assembly's going to happen soon, it's on the horizon and that's great news.
+1!

~Levi~ said:
Im paitent as all sin, I dont mind waiting for the Pandora.
Sin tends not to be patient. Personal experience and people watching have lead me to believe that most sins are committed due to a lack of patience.

I can't deny that I need the money, the recession has landed us in harder times, not to mention the cost of childcare, and the iPad is coming. I am, however, not going to cancel.

The Pandora will probably replace my Nokia N900, which is an awful, awful, horribly unreliable phone but a fantastic geek toy. I've just done another apt-get dist-upgrade on it for crying out loud! That's really not something you want to have to do on a phone.

Well, I want my pandora before June, but for some specific reazons, nothing to do with a deadline. The reasons why I would cancel would be
- If I suddenly realize that I don't want a Linux Pocketable Handheld.
- Somehting "better" comes along. Needs to be sub $400 (or sub $600 for an x86 compatible), with qwerty keyboard. Wifi+BT, fit in my pocket. Also, Tv out and USB host, with a big battery... not that sub 2k crap. So sad that nothing has been able to replace my old ass toshiba e800.
- We get a ridiculous delay, like "2011+, with the same specs!".

I don't think the OP team are doing all they can .. i know they are doing
all they can but ... ED,craig and co need to kick some major balls and use
threat tactics with that shitty jap case company as it's the cases that have
caused most problems throughout the project.

Seriously Ed ,i don't really have any sympathy for you ,you did take this
project on knowing the risks ,you are the same age as me and if i had what
you have and had the opportunity to do a Pandora then i would most definitely
have done the same as you.You need to just roll with it ,never tell too much
and even tho this is all open ,please don't let the world know how bad things
are ,honestly you guys need a kick up the arse craig included ,nuckle down
and see the bigger picture ,keep everyone in the loop,if it means white lie then
do it but keep it going ,you guys will be massive if this all goes to plan.

ohh and fuck the wifi ,dont let that bother you ,i promise you will get a driver
working in the long run ,but your cases need to be markfree as it's just embarrassing
otherwise and bad for future sales.

im a preorder customer who will never want a refund and tho i am poor
you can keep my money if it goes wrong.

Paddy

paddy said:
I don't think the OP team are doing all they can .. i know they are doing
all they can but ... ED,craig and co need to kick some major balls and use
threat tactics with that shitty jap case company as it's the cases that have
caused most problems throughout the project.

Seriously Ed ,i don't really have any sympathy for you ,you did take this
project on knowing the risks ,you are the same age as me and if i had what
you have and had the opportunity to do a Pandora then i would most definitely
have done the same as you.You need to just roll with it ,never tell too much
and see the bigger picture ,keep everyone in the loop,if it means white lie then

ohh and fuck the wifi ,dont let that bother you ,i promise you will get a driver
working in the long run ,but your cases need to be markfree as it's just embarrassing
otherwise and bad for future sales.

im a preorder customer who will never want a refund and tho i am poor
you can keep my money if it goes wrong.

Paddy
lie? thats the worst thing that could happen. the dev team itself thats starting to lie.

paddy said:
You need to just roll with it ,never tell too much
I disagree with this. Lying or pretending things were better than they are would ensure a fast death either instantly or when people give their Pandora back after hyped false expectations.

Straight talking and honesty is the only way to keep the support from the community, thus the only way to be successful.

borgqueenx , why don't you shut the fuck up ,you know nothing about business then
if you think lie's are not common place ,in any case all i am saying is please don't
give away too much and get a business head on.

And Mali i don't agree with you ,this is all too open and that's why
with every little detail we get more and more people are canceling orders
yep it doesn't always look good and i would opt not to give out some details
of the progress of the Pandora .what i am saying is not to let it all out
the bag ,something craig actuly does and i agree with that part of craig at least.

paddy said:
borgqueenx , why don't you shut the fuck up ,
WHAT?!!

edit:
paddy said:
the bag ,something craig actuly does and i agree with that part of craig at least.
It's ok to disagree, but keep namecalling out, please.

So you think more people would stick to the project if they are being lied to?

Haha, you made my day :D

yep ive got 2 pandoras on order.Im gonna stay for the long haul.Id never bother cancelling,as its money spent as far as im concerned.
Im sure it will happen relatively soon.Im sure ed and craig and co,are doin their best.Hopefully soon we will have our pandoras

paddy said:
borgqueenx , why don't you shut the fuck up ,you know nothing about business then
if you think lie's are not common place ,in any case all i am saying is please don't

meh im to addicted to gadgets and therefore these forums.
And i can laugh about your thoughts of business :)

borgqueenx said:
paddy said:

meh im to addicted to gadgets and therefore these forums.
And i can laugh about your thoughts of business :)
"business" as usual on the pandora forums!!!!!!!!me gadget addict too.Help

Back