The tale of the cases

Used in France as well. Maybe in other countries too. I like that kind of frontier-unaware behaviour.
Same here in germany.
And a nice "backwards joke from a german cartoonist:
http://www.nichtlustig.de/toondb/080716.html

Translation:
Dog: "I couldn't ate the homework, becuae the kid usually sitting here, didn't do them."
Teacher:"Excuses, nothing but excuses"

Sad about Mardt too. Though I never met him in person, but like the music and humor (and I didn't noticed him before now).

Thank you for the news Ed.

About the case company. Um nah. 'told ya so' is never polite.

I remember EvilDragon saying he wasn't afraid to release boards and case building files under an open license because a big part of the job was to find reliable companies to produce them. The last weeks prove how right this statement is.
It seems to me decisions && actions were taken faster this time, compared to Circuit Co for the Pandora boards, lasting for months in my memories. Anyone giving sourced timestamps to prove me wrong will be welcome.

CHAOS in a GREEK company? No way! ;)

Well, I did expect a bit of chaos... but seriously, now I REALLY can understand why the country has financial issues!

Sounds nice. Even stronger than the already very durable Polycarbonate? I wish we had this already back then for the Pandora. My Case is vanishing slowly, maybe they used biodegradation plastics for the Pandora case? XD

Well, it is Polycarbonate, but strenghtened one, so it's even more robust.

Did you ever did a calculation, if the Pandora development would have been cheaper if everything would have done in Europe/Germany right from the beginning?

Yes :) And Design and Moulds would've cost about 150k EUR (compared to 50k in Greece).
So we're still way cheaper.

The design would've been better probably (thinner, slide-in battery cover, etc) and if I had the fund to do that, I would've probably worked with a bigger company in Germany here.
But the funds simply weren't there.

About the case company. Um nah. 'told ya so' is never polite.

Well, the design and moulds usually are calculated without any profit by these companies, as the profit is being made with the production itself.
So I found it kinda unfair to move after the complicated stuff has been done - but if they are not capable of doing it, then it won't help.

I think the project was too complex for them, they probably underestimated everything.
They usually design and produce bigger things, like panels for elevators (and they really do look AWESOME!), especially for some huge german companies, so I think they usually are reliable.

But as the Pyra was so complex, they probably also lost motivation at some time.

So I could take the Pyra in my Workpants Side Pocket whiteout to worry it’s gets damaged even its gets some impact from a Palette or if I fell from my motor scooter??

Pandora also survived carrying in this Pocket but it’s got some wearing..

But a partly unbreakle Pyra will be great

Currently I use the Gpd Win as a Handheld to take everyday whit me , (GTA San Andreas, the Deadalic Adventures, Doom 3, Fallout New Vegas and Oblivion on the Goo)
So I ditnt be in a hurry whit the Pyra

And that’s pretty sad whit Math Stereo , my condolence to his family and friends..

Yes :) And Design and Moulds would've cost about 150k EUR (compared to 50k in Greece).
So we're still way cheaper.
So technicaly, we are still at the "plus" side with that Mold Company? Interesting. Good thing is, they have the molds finished and you have also an alternative for mass production, the biggest part seems to be done at last in case of the case. ^^

I think the project was too complex for them, they probably underestimated everything.
Pyra - brings down even the strongest ones! :D

My condolences to Mardt's family and friends. He will be sorely missed.

My advice for the cases: get the mold and take the production elsewhere. You have a business, not a welfare fund.
They've had their chance and they blew it. My main concern is whether the molds will be suitable for that amazing material of the German company you have as a back-up.

settling.png

( credit to https://xkcd.com/1768/ )

The disappointment I feel because of these comments is beyond words. I'm quite shocked.

'Amongst the Seven, no one prays to the Stranger.'

Any scientist would say that Form Action crew is too little a sample to built a generalized theory about greek skills,
especially given the fact that the remedy may come from another greek company.

But we are humans and even not-that-strong emotions make us say things without thinking,
for bound we are to old habits.

Underestimated complexity is a mess to deal with. Even if they have someone there who loves taking on the challenge. Once the leadership discovers that it's costing too much they insist on prioritizing more profitable efforts and put the unexpectedly expensive project on back burner so it grinds to a halt, because there's always something more important to do.

Back